Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Has anyone heard of the myth about lefthanders?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

There are many myths about lefthanders, like they cant have women, there alillies with satan and they are prone to mentall illness,

some people told me i cant get a girl because im lefthandedand lefthanders are with women. Is this a strange thing to say.

• Veteran Member

I have read that left handed people are more likely to have criminal minds but they are also more creative and intelligent. I am surprised that you are left handed because you always post about being bullied. All the left handed people I know are very successful because of their skills and I guess their success and power makes them evil. I think you have not discovered your skills yet. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Lion of Shia said:

There are many myths about lefthanders

Be careful brother!!! 

Be careful and ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgiveness, strive in the way of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and try your best to not be with the اصحاب الشمال (companions of the left) 

وَأَصْحَابُ الشِّمَالِ مَا أَصْحَابُ الشِّمَالِ

56:41) And those of the left hand, how wretched are those of the left hand!

فِي سَمُومٍ وَحَمِيمٍ

56:42) In hot wind and boiling water,

وَظِلٍّ مِنْ يَحْمُومٍ

56:43) And the shade of black smoke,

لَا بَارِدٍ وَلَا كَرِيمٍ 

56:44) Neither cool nor honorable.

If you are a left hander in this world, do your best whatever you can do for protecting yourself to not be with the people of the left in hereafter. Whatever you have heard about the left handers in this world could be a myth but the words of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) are truth. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from becoming people of the left. 

2 hours ago, Cool said:

Be careful brother!!! 

Be careful and ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgiveness, strive in the way of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and try your best to not be with the اصحاب الشمال (companions of the left) 

56:41) And those of the left hand, how wretched are those of the left hand!

فِي سَمُومٍ وَحَمِيمٍ

56:42) In hot wind and boiling water,

وَظِلٍّ مِنْ يَحْمُومٍ

56:43) And the shade of black smoke,

لَا بَارِدٍ وَلَا كَرِيمٍ 

56:44) Neither cool nor honorable.

If you are a left hander in this world, do your best whatever you can do for protecting yourself to not be with the people of the left in hereafter. Whatever you have heard about the left handers in this world could be a myth but the words of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) are truth. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from becoming people of the left. 

You just rewrote the whole meaning on these verse astaghferallah just by adding one word to the words of Allah. 

the Quranic verse of 56:41

And the people of the left—how ˹miserable˺ will they be!

the whole chapter begins and speaks about three groups of people during the end of times

The people’s of the right, left, and the front. 

not speaking about left handed people!

——

as to the author of this post, 

rumors, and myths, just becareful. 

don’t rely on too many humans for closure, go to the Quran. 

Allah is not making life hard, we are 

do you think he really cares of left handed people Lol

• Basic Members
On 9/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, Lion of Shia said:

There are many myths about lefthanders, like they cant have women, there alillies with satan and they are prone to mentall illness,

some people told me i cant get a girl because im lefthandedand lefthanders are with women. Is this a strange thing to say.

There are plenty of left handed people who are decent good people in successful marriages and with no known mental issues, just as there are plenty of right handed (i would dare say a significantly larger number) of right handed people who have such issues (not because of their hand, probabilities since left handers are much fewer than right handers).

As for your "not being able to get a girl", I am pretty sure it is something a matchmaker could fix in a jiffy if you set one up to it.

Just work on being the best version of you, left hand and all.

[p.s I tried unsuccessfully for years to become a leftie. Then again, i also tried (thankfully unsuccessfully) to become spectacled/wear glasses - so perhaps I was just a strange kid LOL]

• Advanced Member
On 9/26/2021 at 12:26 AM, Guest Reply said:

You just rewrote the whole meaning on these verse astaghferallah just by adding one word to the words of Allah. 

Brother!!

You seems dumb as usual. What "I" have added from my self here? 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:26 AM, Guest Reply said:

the Quranic verse of 56:41

And the people of the left—how ˹miserable˺ will they be!

What I have said is as under:

On 9/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, Cool said:

The translation used, was done by Shakir, not me. I have used the term companions of the left. And by the way, for your information, there will be people who will receive the book of their deeds in their "left hand":

وَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِشِمَالِهِ فَيَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي لَمْ أُوتَ كِتَابِيَهْ {25}

[Shakir 69:25] And as for him who is given his book in his left hand he shall say: O would that my book had never been given me:
[Yusufali 69:25] And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me!

We should strive our best to avoid getting the record in our "left hand". The ones who will receive their record in their left hand will be called "Companions of the left" اصحاب الشمال

• Advanced Member
On 9/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, Lion of Shia said:

This is clearly a myth & superstition which unfortunately some people believe to because they have heard such things from their forefathers . Just ignore it & be cool :cool:

On 9/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, Lion of Shia said:

Are you kidding?all the people telling u somehow ur cursed because of ur left hand preference are honestly wrong and culturally influenced 

there is nothing which defined u by ur hand preference in Islam so ignore it and continue to be a good Muslim 

if anyone says anything to u about it ignore them