Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would you drink this?

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Don't know if there are fatwas are about this. 0% alcohol products have been around for some time, but I've never had the desire to try them.

image.png

Barbican, Guinness, Sparkling juice, non alcoholic wine whatever, to me why should I IMITATE the alcohol drinking kuffar culture ??????? 

These drinks have alcohol, NO.

These drinks represent the denigration of alcohol imbued cultures, YES. 

These cans and bottles look like the cans and bottles of alcoholic drinks, YES.

Nope, sorry, not for me. I’m not mentally or emotionally so low to look like “them”. 

• Veteran Member

:salam:

Funny, I recently began drinking it.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, pseudonym said:

Dajjal is using to slowly coerce

On 9/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, Guest Molana said:

IMITATE the alcohol drinking kuffar culture

Funny, when national drink in most mosques today is Coca-Cola and nobody complains about it. 

I'd rather have a non alcoholic beer once or twice a week than a can of soda everyday. 

@Haji 2003 cheers! (Now that's kafir) 

• Veteran Member
11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Why isn't soda , energy drinks , enough for you. Try exotic halal energy drinks or red bull

Question is why a Muslim is foolish enough to consider such poison as healthy. Pathetic! 

• Advanced Member

Just did a quick google search, I'd have two concerns; does it truly not contain even a speck of alcohol, because it seems there are other drinks that claim 0% but really it's just <0.03%, meaning there is still some alcohol, the second concern I have is how is it made, i.e. in a factory which is contaminated with alcoholic drinks?

I suppose its also best to ensure there are no secretive ingredients as well which would otherwise be haram.

23 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

that's paradoxical =P

Non alcoholic drink*. Or... just a drink.

Anyway @ OP I don't see an issue with it, though I am not particularly inclined to buy it, I may or may not try it.

For those who claim it is imitating the kuffar, you best hop off everything made by kuffar, from clothes to their cheese to cars and halal beef bacon, and whatever else. Perhaps your shoes are an imitation of kuffar culture for all you know. Don't half of us work in a mixed gender work setting, i.e. kuffar culture? Say bye to your pay check I guess. See how ridiculous that mentality can get?

Prostitution and gambling are legal in Netherlands doesn’t mean we do one. Every decent western attire, shoes, or fashion is same as what we have in the East. That’s not imitation, that’s just living in the current times, in current ways without wearing pencil thin jeans and body contours showing shirts, essentially be modest. 

Contrast it with going out of way to a store, purchasing a supposed non-alcoholic drink in a container resembling wine or beer is mental slavery at best mixed with the negative emotions of inferiority, self pity, and a resulting desire to fit in. That’s called imitation in a nutshell. 

With your logic, how would you stop your child from a pretend smoking his pencil which he saw at the bus stop yesterday? Or you may not have kids yet!!! 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:17 AM, starlight said:

Would you drink this?

No, what the point? :P

گناہ بے لذت  

Instead significant number of Muslims do drink alcohol, more so in the Muslim nations than those living in the West. 

and that’s why, almost none eat pork. 

they want “Gunah with Lazzat” I guess.. pork doesn’t give that high. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/16/2021 at 11:58 AM, realizm said:

Coca-Cola

Oh, I remembered many people said Coca Cola funds Israel, but they actually released a statement last year. If anyone is interested read below. I’m not promoting coca btw.

https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/our-business/faqs/does-coca_cola-transfer-profits-or-funds-to-israel--

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Guest Molana said:

Contrast it with going out of way to a store, purchasing a supposed non-alcoholic drink in a container resembling wine or beer is mental slavery at best mixed with the negative emotions of inferiority, self pity, and a resulting desire to fit in. That’s called imitation in a nutshell.

Matter of fact is, you simply consider imitation as bad when it is related to haram stuff, but when it comes to halal stuff you accept it happily. You are just as much enslaved as we are. 

Funny that you mentioned the container. Aluminum cans are used for Coke, Red Bull and all kinds of marketed poisons. Glass bottles for sparkling water. You seemed focused on the appearance. 

Edited by realizm

• Advanced Member
On 9/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, Guest Molana said:

Barbican, Guinness, Sparkling juice, non alcoholic wine whatever, to me why should I IMITATE the alcohol drinking kuffar culture ??????? 

These drinks have alcohol, NO.

These drinks represent the denigration of alcohol imbued cultures, YES. 

These cans and bottles look like the cans and bottles of alcoholic drinks, YES.

Nope, sorry, not for me. I’m not mentally or emotionally so low to look like “them”. 

Beautifully said :).

• Advanced Member
On 9/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Guest Molana said:

So you have issue with beef bacon I suppose?

Further, the Prophet (pbuhf) and his family dressed a particular way, why not imitate them? Why imitate the attire of "kuffar" with their ripped jeans and all? The mafia wears suits, best stay clear of such attire lest you are accused of feeling inferior.

With your logic, how would you stop your child from a pretend smoking his pencil which he saw at the bus stop yesterday? Or you may not have kids yet!!! 

This isn't inherently sinful. Nor does it prove that he is more likely to smoke. Thus you are making an issue out of a non-issue.

In all seriousness, I understand the premise of not likening oneself to evil. However, a fizzy drink, a can, are not inherently evil, and NOT exclusively associated with alcoholic drinks only.

• Advanced Member
On 9/16/2021 at 7:31 PM, Diaz said:

Oh, I remembered many people said Coca Cola funds Israel, but they actually released a statement last year. If anyone is interested read below. I’m not promoting coca btw

I guess I can lift the Coke ban now. I haven't drank a Coca-Cola product in about 20 years (I'm being serious). 

Edited by Eddie Mecca

Wouldn't buying an "alcohol free stout" manufactured by an alcohol company be haram? You are putting halal money in the pockets of a haram business. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, dragonxx said:

Just did a quick google search, I'd have two concerns; does it truly not contain even a speck of alcohol, because it seems there are other drinks that claim 0% but really it's just <0.03%, meaning there is still some alcohol, the second concern I have is how is it made, i.e. in a factory which is contaminated with alcoholic drinks?

I suppose its also best to ensure there are no secretive ingredients as well which would otherwise be haram.

Salam according to grand Ayatollha Sistani & majority of Shia Mrajas you can consume drinks & foods which are labeled as “alcohol free” ie  "drinks that claim 0% but really it's just <0.03%"

Also about your second concern , you can rely on list of ingrediants and lables likewise “Alcohol free” or Halal watermark however about sea products you must check it if it matches with Halal Shia seafood list or not because Sunnis consider some Haram seafoods as Halal according to their Fiqh.

Question: Is it permissible to drink beer that says “alcohol free” on it?

Answer: It is not permissible to drink, if “beer” means the drink made from barley that causes mild drunkenness. But if it means a drink made from barley that does not cause mild drunkenness, there is no problem in it. The drink that is made from barley and called "Fuqa' in Arabic is definitely forbidden and ritually impure as an obligatory precaution. This drink is not intoxicant normally but it makes one feel tipsy; that is a state of slight drunkenness caused apparently by low percentage of alcohol in the liquid. Therefore, if a drink is produced alcohol free in the first place and it is not called "Fuqa" (beer), there is no problem, or else, it is forbidden even if alcohol is separated from it.

It is also permissible to eat such food if the amount of alcohol is very minute, e.g., 2%, except for wine.

Question: What about using the families of alcohol that are synthesized from petroleum and are used in perfume, medicine etc are they Najis and cannot be used during prayer?

Answer: All kinds of alcohol (whether extracted from wood or other sources) are Tahir (ritually pure), and are not permissible to drink, except for wine which is also Najis, and Beer (Maa al-Sha'eir) which is also Najis (ritually impure) as an obligatory precaution..
So, the medicines and the perfumes containing alcohol are pure and can be used.
It is also permissible to eat such food if the amount of alcohol is very minute, e.g., 2%, except for wine.

If a drink is produced alcohol free in the first place and it is not called "Fuqa" (beer), there is no problem, or else, it is forbidden even if alcohol is separated from it.

Question: What is your opinion about the beer (Maa al-Sha'eir) which is sold on the market normally with a label that reads "alcohol free".

Answer: The drink that is made from barley and called "Fuqa' in Arabic is definitely forbidden and Najis (ritually impure) as an obligatory precaution. This drink is not intoxicant normally but it makes one feel tipsy; that is a state of slight drunkenness caused apparently by low percentage of alcohol in the liquid.
Therefore, if a drink is produced alcohol free in the first place and it is not called "Fuqa" (beer), there is no problem, or else, it is forbidden even if alcohol is separated from it.

Question: My question is related to selling and consumption of ice-cream containing less than 0.5% ethanol type of alcohol. I purchased an ice-cream business and now I am finding out that some of the ice-cream syrup contains less than 0.5% ethanol type of alcohol. That syrup is then used to make ice-cream.
My question to you is: Can I (a Muslim) sell or eat this ice-cream made from syrup that contains less than 0.5% of ethanol type of alcohol?

Answer: If it is not intoxicating, there is no objection in it; you can buy, sell and eat it.

Question: Is it permissible to consume medication that contain alcohol for ones treatment?

Answer: It is permissible to consume if the amount is very minute, e.g. 2%
If the amount of alcohol is more than 2%, then one may dilute the medication with water, so that the amount of alcohol becomes very minute, e.g. 2% or less and then consume it.

https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01123/

• Advanced Member
On 9/17/2021 at 4:01 AM, Diaz said:

Oh, I remembered many people said Coca Cola funds Israel, but they actually released a statement last year. If anyone is interested read below. I’m not promoting coca btw.

https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/our-business/faqs/does-coca_cola-transfer-profits-or-funds-to-israel--

36 minutes ago, Eddie Mecca said:

I guess I can lift the Coke ban now. I haven't drank a Coca-Cola product in about 20 years (I'm being serious). 

Drink Iranian Coca Cola & Pesi or Zamzam drinks

image.jpeg.1526a67ee9c563ac5753ab0abc79708a.jpeg Iran - Tehran - cans of Zam Zam Cola - photo by M.Torres - Travel-Images.com  ZAM ZAM-Cola-300mL-Iran

• Veteran Member
On 9/17/2021 at 1:31 AM, Diaz said:

:salam:

My personal jihad against Coca-Cola is not because of so called Jewish funding, it's more about globalized poisoning and addiction by a US corporation, which  participated directly or indirectly in US hegemony, alongside with sanctions, wars and propaganda, and progressively ripping countries off of their sovereignties. 

Seeing that Muslims not only did not understand that after one century, but also are ready to buy another round by now promoting RED BULL drinks, which are even worse in terms of physical harm and ideological messages (have fun, YOLO, do extreme sports, tattoo yourself)... I really don't know how to express myself without being unpolite. 

All this for a debate over some barley drink which does not intoxicate you. 

Now Enjoy a Coke

3e38feb57bf11bae922b702371e5849d.jpg

9830fa7aea0c68c959f97aa5180500cf--classi

Edited by realizm

• Development Team

On 9/17/2021 at 5:34 AM, realizm said:

Funny that you mentioned the container. Aluminum cans are used for Coke, Red Bull and all kinds of marketed poisons. Glass bottles for sparkling water. You seemed focused on the appearance. 

All I have to say to the both of you, is this: Appearances are deceptive, I wouldn't be so fixated on appearances. I also look down on appeals to emotion. Nobody drinks Barbican, Red Bull or mineral water because of self-pity or feelings of inferiority. Such people who do harbor these thoughts in the first place, aren't all there mentally.