Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

im stuck. i don't know what to do

Rate this topic

noqvi

• Basic Members

Salaam.

I've dreamed about pursuing a career in law for a long time. But since it was too pricey, I had to enroll in uni for a BSc degree last year. It was significantly cheaper. (For reference, the law degree would cost me around 2800 GBP while the BSc degree cost me around 344 GBP annually.) Of course, the 344 GBP was way easier for my parents to afford. But I hated it. I hated studying at that university. I hated studying BSc. I hated not studying something I was so passionate about. So I worked really hard all year. I decided I wouldn't give up and I'll make enough money myself and enroll myself into my favorite law college. After having studied at the BSc university for a year, I finally convinced my parents to let me enroll into a law college. They agreed, because I was doing better financially than I had been last year. I somehow managed to make almost enough. Almost meaning I still have about 700 GBP left right now (the last date to submit the fee is in about a day) and I don't know what to do. I've worked so hard to get here and it's still not enough. I don't know what to do. This is stressing my parents out as well and it's killing me seeing them sad. I don't know what to do. 

I did apply for a need-based scholarship as well but I haven't heard back about it yet. Please pray I get a scholarship and that they let me pay the remaining sum of money in installments. 

One more thing I'm worried about is that in the process of trying to convince my parents to let me study law, I had to lie to them. I lied so much. Once I had started I just couldn't stop. I hope Allah can forgive me.

And I'm sorry for ranting so much. I just had to let it out somewhere. Thank you for reading! God bless you.

• Veteran Member

You'll make a great lawyer. I see you're very determined and you are so passionate, you will find a way to make it to law school. (Lawyers are good liars too ;) lol jk!)  Im not too familiar with the British education system but your whole story would make a good scholarship application. If i was the judge, i would grant you the scholarship especially seeing that you've done your best to convince your parents and you've shown them you had control financially. I don't think your parents have a problem with you going into law school, I think they had a problem with the cost involved with it. 
Just keep doing whatever you are doing. You'll get there and they will be proud of you on your graduation  

Edited by -Enlightened

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, -Enlightened said:

Lawyers are good liars too

Hahahaha

Im not too familiar with the British education system but your whole story would make a good scholarship application. If i was the judge, i would grant you the scholarship especially seeing that you've done your best to convince your parents and you've shown them you had control financially. 

Awh shoot! I've already submitted the scholarship application and didn't think to include that:(

You'll make a great lawyer.

Thank you so much!!! This means so much to me!!!<3

You'll get there and they will be proud of you on your graduation  

Inshallah!!:D