Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should Shi'as leave Islamic Lands if there is no perscution? (Afghanistan)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

So, I guess we all know the situation now in Afghanistan, and Afghanistans history with the Shi'as is a funny one.

On the one side is the issue between the Hazara and the regime, history isn't forgotten nor forgiven, Mazar in the 1990s will not be forgotten nor will the incidents that have followed on. Hazaras in general are more open minded and progressive, on the otherside of the fence you have a weird chasm between the Afghan Shi'as of Asef Mohseni who consisted of a mix of ethnicities rather than a solely ethnic group, his followers were very diverse especially in Kabul. 

From my understanding Mohseni was very supportive of bringing Islamic rule to Afghanistan, even if it was run by Sunnis, which is why there's quite a few reports of Mohseni and agreements with the Talibs before. 

Now I guess the discussion should be, if a Shi'a community is without an Imam, should they really consider moving abroad if there is no perscution. I remember seeing a hadith about not leaving countries of Islam, these were from the Imams who lived in countries ruled by Sunnis btw. If a Sunni rulership implements hudud and Islamic law, what is the duty of the Shia? Consider this, not only did the Imams live in countries ruled by Islam under Sunnis, but look at the battles that Abu Dharr and Hassan and Hussain fought, these battles paint a more nuanced picture of the relations between the Sunnis and the Shias..

• Advanced Member

It depends on the decision of the Taliban. are they going to accept the Shia madhhab or not? are they going to put madhhab into the law or not? if not, the Shia will have a very hard time and then it would be better to leave the country, but where? 

Guest Tony’s
On 9/9/2021 at 7:52 AM, Dutchzahra said:

It depends on the decision of the Taliban. are they going to accept the Shia madhhab or not? are they going to put madhhab into the law or not? if not, the Shia will have a very hard time and then it would be better to leave the country, but where? 

They will never accept, yes they are gonna rule by sharia and there is no room for divine Imamate in sharia, shias can stay or feel free  to move to the surrounding countries like Iran or any other shia country infact they can move to Pakistan where 25% of the population who are shia live where the majority Sunni population doesn’t agree with the madhab of shia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 9/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, Guest Tony’s said:

They will never accept, yes they are gonna rule by sharia and there is no room for divine Imamate in sharia, shias can stay or feel free  to move to the surrounding countries like Iran or any other shia country infact they can move to Pakistan where 25% of the population who are shia live where the majority Sunni population doesn’t agree with the madhab of shia.

Yes I think you are right.

I truly don't hope so. The people are stuck up there. The borders are not open. So it's not easy for them to leave the country. Iran already has many Afghan refugees. I don't know if they want to help more Afghans. The economic situation is not very good. Especially because of the sanctions and Covid19. khair in shaa Allah 

• Veteran Member

:salam:

You are bringing shari`i and Sunni/shia debate in that issue, while the reality is that exile ('ghurbah') is wished by no one. 

Ask Hazaras if they feels like leaving their country. Some will answer yes, because they feel they do not belong anymore, some will answer they'd rather die than leaving. 

It's just a matter of personal identity. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, Dutchzahra said:

it would be better to leave the country, but where

Iran, Azerbaijan or Pakistan 

• Advanced Member
On 9/30/2021 at 8:10 AM, Dutchzahra said:

Iran already has many Afghan refugees.

Nearly 1 million Afghan refugees in Iran