Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Memorize Entire Quran or Just The 'Important' Ones?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalam Alaykum followers of Ali!

I was wondering if anyone would care to provide their input if I should continue to memorize the full Quran or just the important ones which are mentioned in hadeeth?

I have memorized Surah 80 to 114 thus far, and I feel that it is kind of useless since I am just memorizing them without understanding the context. Should I continue to memorize the Quran like this or should I read the tafasir (Tabatabai) along with it? If so, my next goal would be Surah 70 to 80 (starting backwards).

Anyhow, please let me know what everyone thinks? Need some advice!

Wassalam :)

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Wa alaikum as salam

I wouldnt say that there are important and unimportant parts of the Qur'an , naudhubillah. 

If you are able to continue memorizing then by all means do so.

You can always continue to read and study the different tafaseer in parallel. 

Salam,

I kind of used the wrong wording to describe what I was trying to say. What I mean to say is that I have heard there are surahs which the prophet said are to be recited before sleep those ones, ayatul kursi, the verses of ahlulbayt, the verse of imam alis zakat (ring in sujood). 

Anyhow, thank yall for the advice, I will go ahead doing so.

And by the way, would anyone know how to get my hands on the English version of the Quran Tafsir by Allamah Hussein Tabatabai?

Thanks!

• Advanced Member
On 8/27/2021 at 3:46 AM, FollowerofIslam said:

was wondering if anyone would care to provide their input if I should continue to memorize the full Quran or just the important ones

Salam!!

A brotherly suggestion to you is that make sure to apply on yourself whatever you have memorized till now and continue memorizing the complete book. If memorizing it is not possible, keep reciting it daily and try to absorb the message spiritually and try to apply it on yourself. 

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَتْلُونَ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ وَأَقَامُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَأَنفَقُوا مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ سِرًّا وَعَلَانِيَةً يَرْجُونَ تِجَارَةً لَّن تَبُورَ

35:29