Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Expanding Knowledge on Shiasm

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

سلام عليكم

I've been a Shia for my whole life and I have basic knowledge on the Ahlul Byat(عليه السلام) and what happend on Muharram. However I want to expand my knowledge and deepen my understanding on Shiasm. I want to become very knowledgeable in the field of Shiasm where I'm able to explain to anybody my belief. Is there any recommendations on how to go from here?

• Veteran Member
On 8/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, Hussein Hussein said:

سلام عليكم

I've been a Shia for my whole life and I have basic knowledge on the Ahlul Byat(عليه السلام) and what happend on Muharram. However I want to expand my knowledge and deepen my understanding on Shiasm. I want to become very knowledgeable in the field of Shiasm where I'm able to explain to anybody my belief. Is there any recommendations on how to go from here?

Salaam.

That's a big ask but try starting here:

https://www.al-islam.org/explore/shia-beliefs-explained

• Advanced Member

Start from.the basics. Go step by step

Find a book on fundamentals and go through the evidence. Then build from there. You are lucky as 12er have a huge online English Library. 

I recommend theological instructions by Ayatollah Yazdi. You can find it on al-islam.org

I'm Zaidi so trying to find books is very difficult.

• Veteran Member
On 8/26/2021 at 1:06 PM, Hussein Hussein said:

سلام عليكم

Salam, 

The real knowledge is what is revealed to you by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Whatever little knowledge we have, act on it to increase the belief.  Bilal was a slave and simple companion of the Prophet, but with strong belief.

The intention to learn knowledge is to get closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), not to propagate our belief.  Convince the self and act upon it, others will automatically wanted to learn from you.

Looking into personal abilities and talents, build your belief so your personal abilities and talents can be for good to others.

Wallahualam. 

• Advanced Member

Wā ‘alaykum al-salam Wā rahamatulah, 

I highly recommend reading history objectively, look at the history of the Progeny of Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein عليهم السلام. 

We always criticize Sunnis for shying away from the history of what happened in Karbala, but I would like to add to the criticism that our twelver brothers make towards Sunnis by saying that they also shy away from what happened after Karbala. 

You can easily test this by asking any average twelver about Imam Zayd and all they’ll know is he lead a revolt - if that. 

If you want to learn about Shi’ism you need to trace it back to its root, go read about the sons of Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein and see what they believed in and maybe reflect over the significance of what they were on. 

Guest Psychological Warfare

Ahlul Kisa ( The People of the Hadith of the Cloak), and Karbala has NO  Equal.  Refusal to give allegiance to the rule of an unjust / to legitimize his rule as Islamic rule by the last member of the Ahlul Kisa. Can't be compared to many revolt(s)/upraising (s)by other people, in islamic history. To some how bring the other events to the level of Karbala is a Nasabi dream. 

https://www.al-islam.org/event-taff-earliest-historical-account-tragedy-karbala-abu-mikhnaf

https://www.al-islam.org/lohoof-sighs-sorrow-sayyid-ibn-tawus

https://www.al-islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-karbala-shaykh-abbas-qummi