Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I just saw a really rare owl apparently.

Rate this topic

Abdul-Hadi

• Advanced Member

I went for a walk, and just so happened to look up and see a bird I've never seen before. I knew it was probably an owl of some sort, so when I got back home I looked up "species of owl in Florida" and it's apparently a short-eared owl. These are rare and elusive birds, so I'm not sure what it was doing in my neighborhood of all places, perched on the power lines. I tried to get a quick picture of it with my phone, but it flew off.

Isn't Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) creation beautiful and amazing? I love seeing rare birds. My profile picture is a species of rare bird (for Florida) that was in my yard a while back (Indigo Bunting). I haven't seen one since.

• Advanced Member

Yes indeed birds are truly magnificient and one of the most beautiful creatures (in my opinion) that currently exist. In fact, just outside of my house, I have seen many kinds of birds too, they are: the house sparrow, ruddy ground dove, white tipped doves, pigeons, tanagers, saltators, small crows, kiskadees, hawks, monk parakeets, amazon greens, macaws often fly by, hummingbirds, red-crested cardinal, rufous horneros, parrotlets, barred antshrikes, however I have yet to see owls.

Fun fact: I used to own birds (budgies and zebra finches), that's why I love birds.