Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

No point of hell? when all shias go to heaven.

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Umar Ibn Yazid says that, “I asked Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).), “I have heard you saying that all our Shia’s will enter Heaven however sinful they may be?” Imam replied,

“By Allah I had truly said, they shall all belong to Heaven.”

Then I asked, “May my life be sacrificed upon you, even if their sins are great and in large number?” Imam said,

“All of you (Shias) shall enter Paradise by the intercession of the Holy Prophet (S) or his successors on the Day of Judgement. But, by Allah I fear for you the Barzakh.”

This quote seems absurd. All those women being hanged from their hairs in hell because of bad-hijabi, and iron rods for music e.t.c e.tc. is not for shias?

There wont be any shias in hell?. Quran discusses hell for sunnis?

• Moderators

The intercession of the aimmah is not unconditional. There are other narrations that explain the pre requisites, for example not taking the prayers lightly.

Furthermore there are narrations describing who is a 'shia' , and outlining their characteristics. It goes beyond simply claiming to be one.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

Umar Ibn Yazid says that, “I asked Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).), “I have heard you saying that all our Shia’s will enter Heaven however sinful they may be?” Imam replied,

Then I asked, “May my life be sacrificed upon you, even if their sins are great and in large number?” Imam said,

“All of you (Shias) shall enter Paradise by the intercession of the Holy Prophet (S) or his successors on the Day of Judgement. But, by Allah I fear for you the Barzakh.”

This quote seems absurd. All those women being hanged from their hairs in hell because of bad-hijabi, and iron rods for music e.t.c e.tc. is not for shias?

It's not that I call myself a shia; it's if Allah, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and our Aimmah (عليه السلام) think I am a shia.

• Advanced Member

Even if we are still all gonna end up in Jannah, I tell you that it's not worth spend some time in Jahannam, however temporary it may be. Even if you'll stay for only 1 minute in the Hellfire. It's simply not worth it.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

There wont be any shias in hell?

Yes, there will be no Shia of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in hell-fire:

He said: Abu Nasr Muhammad ibn al-Husayn al-Basir al-Muqri informed me from Abu Abdillah al-Asadi, who reported from Ja'far ibn Abdullah ibn Ja'far al-Alawi al-Muhammadi, who reported from Yahya ibn Hashim al-Ghassani, who reported from Ghayath ibn Ibrahim, who reported from Ja'far ibn Muhammad, from his father, from his forefathers that:

The Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, said: "I have been taught (by Allah) the seven verses (i.e. Surah al-Fateha) of two recitations. And the whole Ummah of mine was presented to me (while in the clay form), till I was able to see its small and its big; and I looked at the entire heavens. And when I saw you, O ‘Ali, I sought forgiveness for you and your followers till the Day of Judgement."

---

We need to work to become Shia of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) and when we die, we can with absolute certainty (if we did not have the certain knowledge in this life) know if we ever were one of his follower.

Edited by Abu Nur

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

But, by Allah I fear for you the Barzakh.”

Salaam, I think this part of the Hadith is critical..

From what i have read and know, barzakh is where we will be purified of many if not all of our sins, and this wont be pleasant.  Barzakh isnt a playground we go and hang out in until the day of judgment. It's actually a place where the true reality of our souls will be made manifest to us, so if we've sinned, that will become apparent to us and we will suffer the consequences of those actions.

In the same way, whatever Good deeds we have behind us, we will also experience that. Our barzakh can be either be a place of joy and goodness, or a place of suffering.

After who knows how long and to what extent, ultimately by the day of judgment inshallah we will be found worthy of Jannah unless we have some really humongous and horrible sins that cannot be cleansed in barzakh, and then I'm supposing jahannam is the appropriate abode at that point.

Why else would the Imam(عليه السلام) say he fears the barzakh for us?

w/s

• Basic Members
7 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

The intercession of the aimmah is not unconditional. There are other narrations that explain the pre requisites, for example not taking the prayers lightly.

Furthermore there are narrations describing who is a 'shia' , and outlining their characteristics. It goes beyond simply claiming to be one.

This is completely preposterous to the this narration, because it clearly says " HOWEVER SINFUL THEY MAY BE", It includes taking prayer lightly, commiting zina e.t.c e.t.c

And this quote doesnot apply to what I perceive to be the your definition of real shias because they dont commit sins in the first place.

• Basic Members
3 hours ago, PureExistence1 said:

Salaam, I think this part of the Hadith is critical..

From what i have read and know, barzakh is where we will be purified of many if not all of our sins, and this wont be pleasant.  Barzakh isnt a playground we go and hang out in until the day of judgment. It's actually a place where the true reality of our souls will be made manifest to us, so if we've sinned, that will become apparent to us and we will suffer the consequences of those actions.

In the same way, whatever Good deeds we have behind us, we will also experience that. Our barzakh can be either be a place of joy and goodness, or a place of suffering.

After who knows how long and to what extent, ultimately by the day of judgment inshallah we will be found worthy of Jannah unless we have some really humongous and horrible sins that

cannot be cleansed in barzakh, and then I'm supposing jahannam is the appropriate abode at that point.

Why else would the Imam(عليه السلام) say he fears the barzakh for us?

w/s

You are right, May Allah grant heaven to all of us BUT

1. I am confused, It is narrated that Hazrat Fatima said that she will not intercede for those women, Who dont observe hijab. So this implies that shia women won't be interceded By Hazrat Fatima which again goes against this:

8 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

All of you (Shias) shall enter Paradise by the intercession of the Holy Prophet (S) or his successors on the Day of Judgement. But, by Allah I fear for you the Barzakh.”

This statement of yours:

3 hours ago, PureExistence1 said:

unless we have some really humongous and horrible sins that cannot be cleansed in barzakh

Again Goes against the narration which literally says:

8 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

however sinful they may be?”

However sinful.

• Basic Members
5 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

Even if we are still all gonna end up in Jannah, I tell you that it's not worth spend some time in Jahannam, however temporary it may be. Even if you'll stay for only 1 minute in the Hellfire. It's simply not worth it.

We wont be going to hell anyways. IMAMS are there to save us. ;)

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

This is completely preposterous to the this narration, because it clearly says " HOWEVER SINFUL THEY MAY BE", It includes taking prayer lightly, commiting zina e.t.c e.t.c

If you think the narrations of the aimmah are preposterous then that's your opinion, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide us all.

https://www.al-islam.org/shafaat-intercession-sayed-abbas-abedi/intercession-whom

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Hussain Abidi said:

It's very dangerous to draw conclusions based on single narrations (riwayat), especially those with no Isnad(chain of transmission) attached. I would add also especially those which are a translation (from Arabic to English in this case). Many brothers and sisters have gone astray because of this.

Authentic hadith explain each other. That is why in order to draw conclusions about anything based on hadith you have to have certain knowledge. You need to know Arabic, Arabic Grammar, Quran, be familiar with pre-Islamic poetry and literature to know the context based on the language used, and also knowledge of the other authentic hadith on the subject. 

Just because someone goes to majlis for Muharram and comes from a certain family or tribe doesn't mean they are Shia. If you look at other hadiths, they describe what 'Shia' really is. Once you read those hadith, you will realize that there are very few actual Shia. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

:bismillah:

وَإِنْ مِنْكُمْ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَا ۚ كَانَ عَلَىٰ رَبِّكَ حَتْمًا مَقْضِيًّا {71}

[Shakir 19:71] And there is not one of you but shall come to it; this is an unavoidable decree of your Lord.

I suggest you to look at the ahadith of Imams explaining this verse and the one below.

ثُمَّ نُنَجِّي الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا وَنَذَرُ الظَّالِمِينَ فِيهَا جِثِيًّا {72}

[Shakir 19:72] And We will deliver those who guarded (against evil), and We will leave the unjust therein on their knees.

It appears that the way to heaven goes through hell.

Edited by Cool

• Basic Members
On 8/18/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mahdavist said:

If you think the narrations of the aimmah are preposterous then that's your opinion, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide us all.

https://www.al-islam.org/shafaat-intercession-sayed-abbas-abedi/intercession-whom

NOOOO. Astaghfirullah. I was talking about what he was saying not the narrations! FOR GOD SAKE