Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts Overload When at Mosque

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Saalams Everyone,

Sorry this a odd question. I have a question had this happend to anyone else and is this normal. So it's day 6 of going to the mosque for attending Muharram lectures. Everytime I go I can't t focus as I'm flooded in thoughts from being a teenager up until now as a adult at age 24. I tend to zone out and all of sudden I start listening to the lecture.

By the end of the lecture/when it's time to go home my head is fried as I'm thinking about a lot and this happens at home too.

Has this had happened to anyone else if so how can I overcome such issue 

Thank You! 

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, Mahdavist said:

Wa alaikum as salam

Take a pen and a writing block with you so you can take some notes during the lecture. This will keep you focused and help you to remember what was discussed inshaAllah. 

Thank you the issue is I don't understand what is being said so I can't take notes 

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Follower1819 said:

Saalams Everyone,

Sorry this a odd question. I have a question had this happend to anyone else and is this normal. So it's day 6 of going to the mosque for attending Muharram lectures. Everytime I go I can't t focus as I'm flooded in thoughts from being a teenager up until now as a adult at age 24. I tend to zone out and all of sudden I start listening to the lecture.

By the end of the lecture/when it's time to go home my head is fried as I'm thinking about a lot and this happens at home too.

Has this had happened to anyone else if so how can I overcome such issue 

Thank You! 

Salaam. As your thoughts wander, eventually they will wander over to Imam Hussain (عليه السلام), his message and what it means to you, etc.

Keep attending the lectures brother.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Follower1819 said:

Thank you the issue is I don't understand what is being said so I can't take notes 

If you can’t understand what’s being said, listen to a lecture online in a language you can understand. There is no point sitting thru a majlis for 1-2 hours if you don’t get anything out of it and are spacing out. On the other hand many of us space out even if it’s a language we understand, esp if the speaker doesn’t deliver a focused lecture. 

• Basic Members
16 hours ago, Ali bin Hussein said:

Why is it a language issue or the lectures are very complex ?

Yeah it's in urdu I can't comphrend and understand i can pick up small words but I went to a English one yesterday and didn't have thr thoughts issue at all so I think that's why.

Guest runningwater
22 hours ago, Follower1819 said:

I think this may be why your thoughts drift. If I listened to a podcast in Russian or to a calculus 3 lecture of course my thoughts will drift and I wouldn't blame myself.

I would try to get to a majlis that you can understand. If you can't, then good on you for showing up. You're better than the people who do understand but still don't come, and I hope Allah rewards you for your efforts.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Follower1819 said:

Yeah it's in urdu I can't comphrend and understand i can pick up small words but I went to a English one yesterday and didn't have thr thoughts issue at all so I think that's why.

As guest running water said.

When you don't understand something it's only natural to "zone out" into your own thoughts.

Edited by Ali bin Hussein

• Basic Members
On 8/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Guest runningwater said:

I think this may be why your thoughts drift. If I listened to a podcast in Russian or to a calculus 3 lecture of course my thoughts will drift and I wouldn't blame myself.

I would try to get to a majlis that you can understand. If you can't, then good on you for showing up. You're better than the people who do understand but still don't come, and I hope Allah rewards you for your efforts.

Thank You & IA