Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

No spirit for muharram

Rate this topic

Guest Whatever

Guest Whatever

Hello.

The spirit of muharram have totally left me, I don't have the urge to go to majalis and mourn anymore. Since im not practicing and haven't been for idk how long anymore, so that's probably got something to do with it.

I'm not sure what I'm asking for, but my father will soon be going to Iraq, and has asked me to come along, so we can do the walk together once  again. It's been a few years and I thought I'd look forward to it. Looking at it now, im really not. idk what to do with myself, I said to myself that I'd go this year and if nothing changes for me, why would I even consider myself a Muslim anymore. 

Guest guest

Go with your father! You can experience the Walk to Karbala together, at least one last time. You never know when the chance to go will come again. 

• Advanced Member

Bro, if I was in your place, I would go rushing with your father to Iraq. What an honor ! You are very lucky, so thank Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that you have this chance, because some of us never even went there. I would understand if maybe you're busy with other important things, but the "I have no spirit" for me shouldn't be an excuse. Go there and make Muhammad and his Ahlulbayt (peace be upon all of them) happy and proud of you !

• Advanced Member

It's great opportunity to go, some of us haven't been there and may not get the chance to go there considering what's happening in the world.

>>I think you might feeling depressed or numbed. Perhaps self-reflect and find out what's really bothering you from inside. <<

Starting listening to Lectures online might help.

I look at my country Afghanistan and I want to cry and will cry if I am alone. It's weird but helped me as I can now cry truly with my heart for Mohammand and Ahl-Bayt (Peace be Up on them)

I suppose I was in similar circumstance where my spirit for Muharram was low but never gave up as I really wanted to cry and now I can.

• Moderators

Just as our moods, motivation, even health, can fluctuate, spirituality can fluctuate too. Don't be too hard on yourself. Islam is a big blessing, don't ever leave it. 

Even if you are not feeling what you want to, consider these as small steps to work yourself towards your goal. 

Guest Whatever

I've been really hesitant and doubtful, but I've pulled the trigger and bought the tickets. We'll be leaving on Monday and staying for 7 weeks, which is a long time for me. I hope I don't regret it. 

I've been feeling like I've been slowly choking to death and have been dealing with a lot of suicidal thoughts. I hope this will give me some relief. If not, I'll see what I'll do.