Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is dropshipping halal?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

In Sunni Islam,many scholars says it is not allowed especially if you do not say that you are only dropshipper.They say that there are hadiths that tell do not sell the product if you do not own.I also want to know shia perspective on this issue.

• Forum Administrators

For everyone's benefit may be worth defining what drop shipping is:

Dropshipping is a fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, the store purchases the item from a third-party supplier and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the seller doesn’t have to handle the product directly.

The biggest difference between dropshipping and the standard retail model is that the selling merchant doesn’t stock or own inventory. Instead, the seller purchases inventory as needed from a third party—usually a wholesaler or manufacturer—to fulfill orders.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/what-is-dropshipping

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, fawze24 said:

Salam,

This sounds like a topic to ask your marja's office. (send an istifta`)

If you end up doing so and you could show us the response, I would be interested in what they say

I asked the question, and I'm waiting on a reply, I'll post there reply when it arrives.

7 hours ago, Uni Student said:

Not that I am aware of. You are simply acting as a middleman between buyer and manufacturer, but instead of holding the inventory you ship it to the buyer straight from the Chinese manufacturer, correct?

Yeah that's pretty much, I didn't think there'd be a problem with it but I just want to make sure, so I can stop.

6 hours ago, willingness5991 said:

In Sunni Islam,many scholars says it is not allowed especially if you do not say that you are only dropshipper.They say that there are hadiths that tell do not sell the product if you do not own.I also want to know shia perspective on this issue.

I've seen this response before as well but we're going to have to wait until we get a response. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, willingness5991 said:

Is it allowed to dropship products if I inform the buyer in my product description that the item is not in my possession and that it will be shipped from a supplier?

Yes it is allowed as far as the buyer agrees.

Wassalam.

Sayyed Mohammad Al-Musawi, Sayyed Mohammad al-Musawi is originally from Iraq and heads up the World Ahlul Bayt Islamic League in London. Other than being involved in various humanitarian projects, he frequently responds to...
Answered 1 year ago

https://www.al-islam.org/ask/is-it-allowed-to-dropship-products-if-i-inform-the-buyer-in-my-product-description-that-the-item-is-not-in-my-possession-and-that-it-will-be-shipped-from-a-supplier

• Basic Members
9 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Is it allowed to dropship products if I inform the buyer in my product description that the item is not in my possession and that it will be shipped from a supplier?

Yes it is allowed as far as the buyer agrees.

Wassalam.

https://www.al-islam.org/ask/is-it-allowed-to-dropship-products-if-i-inform-the-buyer-in-my-product-description-that-the-item-is-not-in-my-possession-and-that-it-will-be-shipped-from-a-supplier

I know that in that case it is allowed.But,if you say that you are not original supplier,your profits and profit margins would be very low.It is not optimal situation.If we do not say that,is it allowed?

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, willingness5991 said:

.If we do not say that,is it allowed?

Salam we must say it clearly  so consequently  buyer doesn't feel lose or being fooled . Therefore  hiding  it is not allowed .