Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do Shias belive its wrongto backbite non Shiamuslims and non muslims?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salamn backbiting about both of these two groups is wrong because according to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) : people are two groups one group is your brother in faith & other group is same as you in creation .

Do not abuse those whom they invoke besides Allah, lest they should abuse Allah out of hostility, without any knowledge. That is how to every people We have made their conduct seem decorous. Then their return will be to their Lord and He will inform them concerning what they used to do. (108) 

https://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/6:108

• Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salamn backbiting about both of these two groups is wrong because according to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) : people are two groups one group is your brother in faith & other group is same as you in creation .

Shia say this but it's almost impossible to socialize nowadays without bringing up someone else is affairs. Refusal to participate ostracizes you and usually you become the center of their gossip in their next conversation. Every single gathering is the same of just sitting there serving tea and listening to politics, gossip, whose graduated, whose gotten married/divorced, bought a house, got a promotion etc.

I'm seeing this a lot with the Arab community but less so with Americans I interact with funny enough.

OP, try to break the cycle by not participating in it regardless of who's being targeted; Shia or not.

• Advanced Member

Backbiting is bad. 

Very bad. 

Its bad to backbite anyone... Any human being... Even non muslims. 

I think we should try to perfect ourselves and try to concentrate on ourselves rather than talk about people of other sects or religions...even though some people can be very disturbing and interfering... But Patience is the key i guess.