Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Plz Help I’m suffering

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Salam alaykom,

I’ve been suffering for a good moment about a tattoo I regret alot, you’ve probably saw it on my earlier posts, but it’s the 2 hands of painting of michelangelo. I did it with a the idea of each 2 being so close to each others that they barely touch having this symbol of " hope ". I did some research and knew the painting was meant to be astaghfirullah the hand of God and Adam(عليه السلام), but I did it anyway not caring, not believing in it, always having the principal idea, but everytime I looked at it I jnew it was labelled as what christians believe, but denied reality of shirk, I didn’t know it was haram to put it as a tattoo. I am scared that I did some shirk, I regret a lot. I don’t really see it as I used to before, now it’s labelled as " the painting of michelangelo, 2 hands of astaghfirullah and it’s shirk and haram"  I feel like my intention wasn’t sincere, I doubt myself and I’m stressing all the time, crying and depressing as if death is ready to take me soon to be tortured for ever. Plz help, I want to get it off with laser, but I can’t I’m traveling soon for a whole month and I’m tired, really tired. What’s going on? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I loved the painting, I saw it as just 2 hands, not saying it’s the hands of God and adam, but simply like how I personally wanted, buttt then I realized why did I still do it even after knowing it’s haram?? I started to doubt myself. Now I only see it as the way christians consider, but not believing it is true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Ali_Hussain said:

wa 'alaykum assalam,

If it is bothering you so much, why don't you have it removed or covered?

I wanted brother, but I’m traveling in few days so I have to do it later, going to a hot country isn’t the right time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Not much you can do now apart from getting it removed as the brother mentioned. Also asking for forgiveness.

Use it as a life lesson. Think before you act.

Thankfully tattoos are haram in my madhab (Zadi) 

http://www.salvationark.com/salvationark1/index.php/forum/jurisprudence-questions/46-tatoos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

waleikum salam.

I don't think you should be stressed this much. You didn't know it was haram, now you think it is haram and want it to be removed. Enjoy your travels and when you come back you can always remove it. It's not worth stressing over right now and it's also not permanent since you're able to laser it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Ali bin Hussein said:

Not much you can do now apart from getting it removed as the brother mentioned. Also asking for forgiveness.

Use it as a life lesson. Think before you act.

Thankfully tattoos are haram in my madhab (Zadi) 

http://www.salvationark.com/salvationark1/index.php/forum/jurisprudence-questions/46-tatoos

Yes, never I will do such ignorant act, But I’m scared, does Allah forgive this type of thing? Am I considered a mushrik? I’m very scared all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
2 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

Yes, never I will do such ignorant act, But I’m scared, does Allah forgive this type of thing? Am I considered a mushrik? I’m very scared all the time.

Yes, take a deep breath and calm down. He is Ar-Rahman (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the only thing He does not forgive is shirk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yes, take a deep breath and calm down. He is Ar-Rahman (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the only thing He does not forgive is shirk.

Did I commited an act of shirk? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
Just now, Hassan01 said:

Did I commited an act of shirk? 

No, I don't think so. Shirk is making idols, putting partners with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), anything that contradicts tawhid. You just had a pair of hands drawn on your body, big deal, you didn't know what it represented and you can get it removed. At least you didn't get a tattoo of Quranic verses, now that would be problematic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

No, I don't think so. Shirk is making idols, putting partners with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), anything that contradicts tawhid. You just had a pair of hands drawn on your body, big deal, you didn't know what it represented and you can get it removed. At least you didn't get a tattoo of Quranic verses, now that would be problematic.

Actually I knew what it represented, but I knew it later, but the picture I saw it before and loved it. I already had a personal perception on it. With research I later knew and thought to myself, I’m muslim I don’t believe it’s true even if the painting is recognized as astagfirullah, every time someone asked me about it, I told them what personally I had as definition, because of my intention thought it was halal the way I looked at it, even knowing well it’s haram what christians believe. Everytime I looked it, I knew the each hands were represented but didn’t believe, until I started to get closer to Allah, realized my tattoo is shirk, haram and done ignorantly, now I just see what legit the painting is represented, I’m scared and fear all the time, I only see shirk nothing more. I’m not back to my previous intention because the intense of this tattoo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
2 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

Actually I knew what it represented, but I knew it later, but the picture I saw it before and loved it. I already had a personal perception on it. With research I later knew and thought to myself, I’m muslim I don’t believe it’s true even if the painting is recognized as astagfirullah, every time someone asked me about it, I told them what personally I had as definition, because of my intention thought it was halal the way I looked at it, even knowing well it’s haram what christians believe. Everytime I looked it, I knew the each hands were represented but didn’t believe, until I started to get closer to Allah, realized my tattoo is shirk, haram and done ignorantly, now I just see what legit the painting is represented, I’m scared and fear all the time, I only see shirk nothing more. I’m not back to my previous intention because the intense of this tattoo. 

I see, to me, it's a self-portrait of Michelangelo (his hands), if you have done it in ignorance, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will forgive you no matter what, do not beat yourself up any further. Relax, you can get it removed. I would be more concerned if you started believing the tattoo was a literal depiction of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or forgot that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Ar-Rahman (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I see, to me, it's a self-portrait of Michelangelo (his hands), if you have done it in ignorance, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will forgive you no matter what, do not beat yourself up any further. Relax, you can get it removed. I would be more concerned if you started believing the tattoo was a literal depiction of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or forgot that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Ar-Rahman (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

No I don’t want to despair of the mercy of Allah. You are right, I did it ignorantly and Allah knows it. Imagine 2 pictures with the same image. These 2 pictures one I look at it the way I want to, personally and the other is legit what is interpreted/represented by let’s say the artist. I chose to do the tattoo with the first view of the image, but because of the second image it started to corrupt everything. I know it’s haram what they believed, but my perception of the first image isn’t to what I’m holding, I just see the second on me, I don’t believe it to be true, absolutely not. It’s bothering me so much, but I will follow your true dear advices brother. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
47 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

No I don’t want to despair of the mercy of Allah. You are right, I did it ignorantly and Allah knows it. Imagine 2 pictures with the same image. These 2 pictures one I look at it the way I want to, personally and the other is legit what is interpreted/represented by let’s say the artist. I chose to do the tattoo with the first view of the image, but because of the second image it started to corrupt everything. I know it’s haram what they believed, but my perception of the first image isn’t to what I’m holding, I just see the second on me, I don’t believe it to be true, absolutely not. It’s bothering me so much, but I will follow your true dear advices brother. 

Yeah, never despair the mercy of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), it is one of the worst things we can do; I am glad I was able to help you, Hassan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Hassan01 said:

I need more conviction, because I see others saying no. Could you?

I believe @Gaius I. Caesar was referring to the Quranic verse 4:48: "Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him (shirk), but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin."

According to tafsir al-mizan: "This verse does not speak about repentance, as it deals particularly with disbelief, and repentance does not combine with disbelief. Otherwise, every sin — including polytheism — is forgiven through repentance. Allāh says: Say: ‘‘O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the Mercy of Allāh; surely Allāh forgives all sins; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. And return to your Lord ...’’ (39:53 — 54)."

https://almizan.org/

 

According to As-Sayyid As-Sistani (this is a question I sent to sistani.org): 

Question: Can one be forgiven if he commits shirk?

If he repents sincerely, God will forgive him.

Edited by Muhammad Al-Hurr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, Muhammad Al-Hurr said:

I believe @Gaius I. Caesar was referring to the Quranic verse 4:48: "Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him (shirk), but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin."

According to tafsir al-mizan: "This verse does not speak about repentance, as it deals particularly with disbelief, and repentance does not combine with disbelief. Otherwise, every sin — including polytheism — is forgiven through repentance. Allāh says: Say: ‘‘O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the Mercy of Allāh; surely Allāh forgives all sins; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. And return to your Lord ...’’ (39:53 — 54)."

https://almizan.org/

 

According to As-Sayyid As-Sistani (this is a question I sent to sistani.org): 

Question: Can one be forgiven if he commits shirk?

If he repents sincerely, God will forgive him.

May Allah reward all you brothers the best, this gave me peace to my heart al hamdoulilah. It’s the most beautiful thing I ever heard. Also I found this from a brother who sent me this.

https://www.al-islam.org/ask/why-is-shirk-such-a-major-sin-against-god-that-he-will-not-forgive-despite-his-unlimited-compassion-and-mercy-when-for-sins-against-other-people-we-are-asked-by-god-to-seek-their-forgiveness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...