Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What verse/s from the Quran changed your life?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. 4:59

• Advanced Member

And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper. {4:75}

• Forum Administrators

Holy Qur'an 4:171

O People of the Book! Do not exaggerate in your religion and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and do not say "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only the One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth, And Allah is sufficient as a Protector.

• Advanced Member

And guard yourselves against a day in which you shall be returned to Allah; then every soul shall be paid back in full what it has earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly - 281 Surah AlBaqarah

Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely, He is the Forgiving the Merciful 53 Surah az-Zamur

• Advanced Member

Say, “If the ocean were to be ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, the ocean would have been consumed before the Words of my Lord are exhausted, even if we were to bring another (ocean) like it in addition.” Suratul Kahf (18:109)

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

It wasn't a particular ayat, but it was more specific stories. I was most effected by the stories of Prophet Ayoub and Prophet Yusuf.  These same stories are in the Christian Bible, but in the Quran they are more detailed, more profound, and more inspiring. If people really contemplated on the details of those stories, it couldn't help but change their life. I could literally hear these stories every day of my life and never get tired of them. Every time I hear them, I learn something new. Sayyid Ammar Nakshawani has a great lecture on the life of Prophet Ayoub((عليه السلام)). I think I have listened to it like 10 times now. It never gets old. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) continue to bless Sayyid Ammar, he does a great service for the English speaking community.

Edited by Abu Hadi