Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Feeling like I'm not doing enough

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, my thoughts are a little disorganized at the moment. But recently I got more serious about my life and decided to try and improve it from various angles whether it be fitness, deen, etc. I made a list of bad habits and sins that I do and good habits that I want to replace them with. So far I have been able to cut out a major sin and reduce the frequency of other minor sins. I started giving sadqah regularly on Fridays and consistently working out 5x a week and eating healthier. Other small things as well, and all of this is great I suppose, but for some reason I feel a lot of internal pressure to "fix" and/or improve everything about myself and the way I live. Feel like I'm not doing enough to set myself up for a good future, like for example, fixing my diet completely, or reading enough Quran or working hard enough to avoid smaller sins.

Not really sure where I wanted to go with this thread, just dumping out my thoughts I guess or seeing if anyone had 2 cents to give

Edited by Uni Student

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Set a very high goal. But then set intermediate steps.

If you are flying from A to B you might need to stop at X and catch flight Y.

You never say I want to go to A why can't I go direct. You set an end goal to your journey knowing there maybe connecting flights, delays or even cancellations.

Flight are simple. Self perfection is alot more complicated.

Think about why Allah emphasis seeking forgiveness in the Quran.

Edited by Ali bin Hussein