Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Story of Adam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Allah has infinite names (attributes/qualities) but we know only few names of Allah. Because Allah taught Adam (or us) only those few names or in other words Adam consist of only those few attributes plus Satan.
Names of Allah present in Adam not known to angels. 
Angels are consist of different set of names without Satan.

We (Names of Allah) told Adam (rooh/consciousness) 
20:118~119 “You will not (feel) hungry therein (for there is no biological – material body) nor naked! Indeed, you will neither be thirsty therein nor hot from the sun (due to not having a biological – material body)!”

In the state of Paradise Adam knows "i am not the body" since he (Adam does not have any gender, maleness and femaleness only belongs to the body) was only the knower of the body, he was enjoying the world associated with the body as it happens, without any desire and fear. Hunger, nakedness, thirst and heat only belong to the body.

But the satan ( idea i am the body ) present in the essence of Adam, tempt Adam to involve in his own world.....

120. Then Satan incited him, “O Adam, shall I inform you of the tree of immortality and of a possession that never deteriorates?”

Allah warned Adam : do not listen satan (idea i am the body)

117. We (names of Allah) said, “O Adam, indeed this (Satan, the illusive idea that you are the body) is an enemy to you and your partner (your body)! Do not let it drive you out of Paradise (reduce you from being in the state of universal consciousness to corporeality; individual consciousness) lest you become one who suffers (in misery of being confined to the body and thus burns with the consequences of this limitation)!”  

Adam desired (touched the cursed tree), his desire triggered nafs (which was dormant/mutmaeen) through which he connect himself with the body. Now he and the body feels that they are naked, because now Adam is confined to the body and unable to realize that he is not the body.

Now you have to attain same state of (dormant/ mutmaeen ) nafs to reach again the state of paradise. 

• Advanced Member

Allah through his power of manifestation and names present in Adam, projected the world and he asked all the angelic powers to serve Adam and body (projector) but Iblees refuse to serve Adam and the body as it is made of clay.
This story indicates that there are angelic powers in the world to help Adam and Iblees is here to oppose him in this game called life.
While Satan is always (still) tempting Adam (us) to eat from cursed tree, means making him desire and taking him/her away from the reality. Creating fear of pain and luring him to desire for pleasure.

Divine powers serving Adam in this life are called angles and divine powers against Adam are Iblees. Though both powers belongs to Allah.

• Advanced Member
On 7/26/2021 at 8:01 PM, Shahrukh K said:

In the state of Paradise Adam knows "i am not the body" since he (Adam does not have any gender, maleness and femaleness only belongs to the body) was only the knower of the body, he was enjoying the world associated with the body as it happens, without any desire and fear. Hunger, nakedness, thirst and heat only belong to the body.

Where do you get the concept of a genderless soul from ?

• Advanced Member

Life is like watching a movie, you do not suffer because of hunger, nakedness, thirst and heat of the characters in the movie. But if somehow, you are connected to one of the character of the movie, you feel that you are him/her.
Now you do not see the movie as a whole, only a part which is belong to that character.
Character's success make you happy and failure sad. You believe that you are the doer, in reality you are doing nothing. You suffer because you think that you are someone.

Allah gives Adam (you) words La ilaha illa Allah (I am not the body, but i am) so that you can return back to reality.

• Advanced Member

Suppose the body (with which you are associated) is preparing for a competition. You do not know what is going to happen in future but there is someone who knows past and future of the body. Whether the body will get success or not it is already known to Him. Whatever (you think) you do, you cannot change it.

56:63. Did you see what you sowed?
64. Is it you who makes it grow or Us?

• Advanced Member
On 7/27/2021 at 12:01 AM, Shahrukh K said:

But the satan ( idea i am the body ) present in the essence of Adam, tempt Adam to involve in his own world.....

Satan is more than just a mere idea. 

And we are in continuous need of a body to exist. From particles to seed to this physical form. We need the body to manifest ourselves. And this body, which seems a problem to you, is the creation of an Artist/a Shaper, you call Him Al-Musawwir. And that Al-Musawwir will raise us in the same form/shape as He said:

Does man think that We shall not gather his bones?

Yea! We are able to make complete his very fingertips (75:3-4)

And we will be enjoying the heaven with bodies, sitting on the sofa's with couches placed etc. And we will be tasting the hell fire with bodies, the skin of which when burned, will be replaced by a new skin.

So my dear, the best thing we can manifest is that "to God we belongs and to Him shall we return". The best thing we can keep with us, is the believe that He is with us wherever we may be. 

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Shahrukh K said:

Suppose the body (with which you are associated) is preparing for a competition. You do not know what is going to happen in future but there is someone who knows past and future of the body. Whether the body will get success or not it is already known to Him. Whatever (you think) you do, you cannot change it.

56:63. Did you see what you sowed?
64. Is it you who makes it grow or Us?

Actually the effort done by the body and the result is already known to Allah. Since you (Adam) think that "i am the body" , you feel happy if the body is selected in the competition, you feel sad if not.
You have the freewill to make desire but whether your desires are fulfilled or not it is only known to Allah.
As long as you desire you will attach to this world and body.
It is because of a desire that you belong to this world and body.
Everything happens in this world and to this body is the will of Allah.
Whatever a body do is the will of Allah.
He already wrote all the events before they even happen to the body and it is easy for Allah.
So a patient man (sabir) or wise man never feel sad if he lost something nor feel proud if he achieve something, a self realized man knows that he is not the body neither he can control anything that is happening to this body.
Neither you are the body nor the actions of the body belongs to you.

You are only the witness.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Cool said:

Satan is more than just a mere idea. 

Satan is not a mere idea.
Satan introduced the idea to Adam that he is the body.
In fact in Vedic literature Satan is called Maya and this world is Maya of Ishvara (or Allah).

22 hours ago, Cool said:

And we are in continuous need of a body to exist. From particles to seed to this physical form. We need the body to manifest ourselves.

We do not need a body to exist, we are only witnessing the world through this body. Our existence is independent of it.

22 hours ago, Cool said:

And this body, which seems a problem to you, is the creation of an Artist/a Shaper, you call Him Al-Musawwir. And that Al-Musawwir will raise us in the same form/shape as He said:

Exactly i can enjoy the world through the body, but listen what Quran says.......

103:1. By that time (the life span of man),
2. Indeed, mankind is in loss!
3. Except for those who have believed (in their essential reality) and fulfilled the requisites of faith, advised each other of the Truth and advised each other to patience!

Only a beliver (in "la ilaha illa Allah" or "i am not the body, but i am") and a man of patience can enjoy the world and appreciate the Musawwir, the Khaliq, the Hakim.

Edited by Shahrukh K

• Advanced Member

The body is like a boat without paddle in the sea. As per the movement of the sea and the wind the boat moves. You think you are sitting in the boat (or you are the body) and driving the boat whereas it is moving because of the wind and the sea.

Let us say there are two trains standing side-by-side on the railway platform, and a passenger on one train fixes his gaze on the other. When the second train moves, it seems that the first is moving.

Likewise the immobile you identifies with the mobility of nature. Thus, it perceives itself as the doer of actions. The moment you (adam/spirit) overcome satan and surrenders to the will of Allah, it realizes itself as the non-doer.
You are only witnessing the movement (action) of the boat (body).

• Advanced Member
On 8/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, Shahrukh K said:

Satan introduced the idea to Adam that he is the body.

I think it is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who mentioned in detail, the creation of Adam (عليه السلام) with طين (black altered mud). And when He breathed into him His Ruh, He commanded angels to prostrate before him. Whatever you think Adam (عليه السلام) is, the angels prostrated before that body which God has created with His two hands. 

We do not need a body to exist, we are only witnessing the world through this body

Hence we are in need of a body to witness this world. What about the world we know as hereafter? Do we witness it without body?

Only a beliver (in "la ilaha illa Allah" or "i am not the body, but i am") and a man of patience can enjoy the world and appreciate the Musawwir, the Khaliq, the Hakim

Please do not do weird translations. 

• Moderators

Hence we are in need of a body to witness this world. What about the world we know as hereafter? Do we witness it without body?

What he means by body is the illusion that we are the body itself (materialism: that holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental states and consciousness, are results of material interactions), when we are not the body.

• Advanced Member

6 hours ago, Cool said:

I do not want to witness the world.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, Cool said:

"to God we belongs and to Him shall we return"

I want to return back to Allah.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

La ilaha illa Allah is the aaghaz (inception/start) and also the anjaam (end) of this cycle of birth and death.

Because I (not the body) forget La ilaha illa Allah, i involved in this world through the body and suffering. This suffering will end only when i realize that i am not the body. Otherwise when my skin is burned in the hell, it will be replaced with new skin. This will happen again and again for eternity.

6 hours ago, Cool said:

Please do not do weird translations. 

Please translate "La ilaha illa Allah"

Edited by Shahrukh K

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

What he means by body is the illusion that we are the body itself (materialism: that holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental states and consciousness, are results of material interactions), when we are not the body.

Salam!!

I understood him brother. 

What I am trying to argue is that if someone says "I am a body", he may be pointing towards the outward aspect of the same thing. 

For instance, my physical appearance, my name, name of my parents etc is my identity. I am remembered here & there (in the hereafter) with the same identity. 

This is very important aspect of our being or are there reports which mentions that we will be appeared in hereafter in an alien form or shape with a totally different physical appearance? 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Shahrukh K said:

do not want to witness the world.

Unfortunately, you have to. There is no choice for you in that. 

want to return back to Allah.

When are you separate from Him that you desire to return? He is with you wherever you are.

Neither your arrival nor your return is upon your choice & desires. You are here because of Him and you will move to somewhere else because of Him. 

• Advanced Member

Please translate "La ilaha illa Allah"

Literally, there is no ilah except Allah.

In other words, there is none worthy of worshipped but Al-Ilah (Allah).

Point for you to note is that some people start worshipping their own nafs or the desires of their own nafs. 

Nafs is not a body, sometimes it start inciting us to commit sins and body only obeys the command of nafs either in sinning or in not sinning. Body itself has no control whatsoever on nafs.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

What would be the physical appearance & form of those, the light of their emaan will be moving ahead of them and on their right side?

Were they become infinite i.e., bodiless? And when I am talking about "body", I am not limiting it to the matter which is known to us till now. 

The most famous definition of matter is that "anything which occupy space and has mass is called matter". So what is space itself? Mathematically, if

Matter = Space + Mass

Then, 

Space = Matter - Mass

Can we sperate mass from matter to make space?

Edited by Cool

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Cool said:

What would be the physical appearance & form of those, the light of their emaan will be moving ahead of them and on their right side?

Were they become infinite i.e., bodiless? And when I am talking about "body", I am not limiting it to the matter which is known to us till now. 

The most famous definition of matter is that "anything which occupy space and has mass is called matter". So what is space itself? Mathematically, if

Matter = Space + Mass

Then, 

Space = Matter - Mass

Can we sperate mass from matter to make space?

Matter =space+ mass  ---------  1   
 Volume occupy space so  according to your theory    
Volume=space            ---------   2
Mass=volume X density -------  3

from eq 2  and 3
Mass =space X Density --------- 4 
from eq 1 & 4
Matter = space +space X density
              = space (1+density)
space = matter/ (1+density)
To make space just divide the matter from the density.
This is Cool and Shahrukh law.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Shahrukh K said:

Anytime you can choose not to be the body, neither witness of the world around you.

So in the world around you, are your parents, your children, your spouse and in the world around you is oxygen which you breath, the water which you drink, the food which you eat etc. You cannot just stop witnessing all these. 

Otherwise, you will neither know yourself, nor your God and neither be in love with the Creator. 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

from eq 2  and 3
from eq 1 & 4
              = space (1+density)

How do we measure space between earth and a star, it is in light year means distance travelled by light in one year. 
1 Light year = velocity of light X time (one year) 
Space cannot be defined without time.
What will happen to space if you are travelling with speed of light?
How would you perceive this world If you were a photon ?

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

:hahaha: Volume mentions how much space an object or substance takes up. It is a unit relative with object or substance. So volume is not the space.

• Advanced Member
35 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

from eq 2  and 3
from eq 1 & 4
              = space (1+density)

5 hours ago, Cool said:

Mathematically, if

Matter = Space + Mass

Then, 

Space = Matter - Mass

@notme, some interesting equations have been formulated here on this thread. Perhaps you would like to add something more interesting :D

• Advanced Member

Who was the first person who cried for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)?

According to narrations, the first person who cried for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was the Prophet Adam (عليه السلام). When Adam (عليه السلام) descended to earth and when reached Arafaat, looked at the divine throne and saw the names and lights of 5 infallibles. Adam (عليه السلام) asked Jabrail to teach him the names of them and then he called on God by these names, Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain. It is narrated that when Adam (عليه السلام) reached the name Hussain, a heavy sense of sorrow filled his heart and started crying.

Adam (عليه السلام) asked Jabrail the reason. Jabrail answered: O’ Adam (عليه السلام), This Hussain is your child who will face a great calamity, a calamity that no one will face. Adam (عليه السلام) asked: What is that calamity? Jabrail (عليه السلام) replied: O’ Adam (عليه السلام), this Hussain will be martyred, whilst alone and thirsty, his thirst is so severe that he will see the sky dark, no one will help him, they will martyr him with sword and cut his throat like ship; they will place his head and his helpers on top of canes and with his family who are taken as prisoners will be taken from town to town [1].

[1] Beharul Anwaar, Vol. 44, page 245.

https://en.shafaqna.com/21688/who-was-the-first-person-who-cried-for-imam-hussain-as/

• Advanced Member
On 8/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Who was the first person who cried for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام)?

According to narrations, the first person who cried for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was the Prophet Adam (عليه السلام). When Adam (عليه السلام) descended to earth and when reached Arafaat, looked at the divine throne and saw the names and lights of 5 infallibles. Adam (عليه السلام) asked Jabrail to teach him the names of them and then he called on God by these names, Mohammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain. It is narrated that when Adam (عليه السلام) reached the name Hussain, a heavy sense of sorrow filled his heart and started crying.

Adam (عليه السلام) asked Jabrail the reason. Jabrail answered: O’ Adam (عليه السلام), This Hussain is your child who will face a great calamity, a calamity that no one will face. Adam (عليه السلام) asked: What is that calamity? Jabrail (عليه السلام) replied: O’ Adam (عليه السلام), this Hussain will be martyred, whilst alone and thirsty, his thirst is so severe that he will see the sky dark, no one will help him, they will martyr him with sword and cut his throat like ship; they will place his head and his helpers on top of canes and with his family who are taken as prisoners will be taken from town to town [1].

[1] Beharul Anwaar, Vol. 44, page 245.

https://en.shafaqna.com/21688/who-was-the-first-person-who-cried-for-imam-hussain-as/

Adam knows thousands of years before the event. This is predestination.