Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sadness

Rate this topic

Guest Fatema

Salams

I am over 30, and still not married. Over the time, my friends have their family life and very little time for me. 

I've pray very hard to get confort from Allah. But I've gone thought a lot these past years and today i feel very lonely and lost. 

I am very sad about my situation, i don't really have family around me beside my mum. I cry a lot during days and nights and i have insomnia issues.  I feel like my life is worthless. 

I ve pray a lot lately but i didn't find peace of mind

If some of you have advise or are struggling like me , please share... Thanks a lot

Sister, May Allah help you. Do not lose hope try to get out the ideas that makes you more sad and remember this life is full of tests that we all should pass. Try to let Muslim community know  that you aren't married and try to do some activities  or find some hobbies to do, this will help to not focus a lot on your situation and you might find other sisters who are in the same situation like you so you will help and support each other . And know that Allah knows what it is best for you. 

On 7/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, notme said:

If your family isn't helping, you're going to have to be proactive. Do you have an Islamic community? Participate in events, and let people know you are looking for a husband. 

Thanks for your support

Yes , I've tried in my community but unfortunatly there are a lot a of single women ( and younger than me )

Insh'allah , i still hope to find someone. Please remember me in yours prayers 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, Guest guest said:

Sister, May Allah help you. Do not lose hope try to get out the ideas that makes you more sad and remember this life is full of tests that we all should pass. Try to let Muslim community know  that you aren't married and try to do some activities  or find some hobbies to do, this will help to not focus a lot on your situation and you might find other sisters who are in the same situation like you so you will help and support each other . And know that Allah knows what it is best for you. 

Thank you so much for your duas and advises

Your message brought me confort  

• Advanced Member

Don't worry.I am guy I went through this phase as well.I can tell you what helped 

1.Keep praying 

2.Do not stop looking

3.May be if you could consider expanding the applicant pool people whom you have not included 

4.Do not think Allah mercy does not encompass you 

5.Ziarat Ashura for 40 days

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam Dear Sister,

I understand the what you're going through. I'm reading this book and I think it can really help.

It's called The Miracle Morning: The 6 Habits That will Transform your life Before 8am. It talks about 6 things you should do every morning that can help you achieve what you want and become a better you. The main concept in the book uses an acronym S.A.V.E.R.S. for the six habits, this is what it stands for: 

• S - Silence
  • A - Affirmation
  • V - Visualisation
  • E - Exercise
  • R - Reading
  • S - Scribing

Give it a read and see how things go.

Edited by ShiaofAli12

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 6:50 PM, Guest Fatema said:

Salams

I am over 30, and still not married. Over the time, my friends have their family life and very little time for me. 

I've pray very hard to get confort from Allah. But I've gone thought a lot these past years and today i feel very lonely and lost. 

I am very sad about my situation, i don't really have family around me beside my mum. I cry a lot during days and nights and i have insomnia issues.  I feel like my life is worthless. 

If some of you have advise or are struggling like me , please share... Thanks a lot

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) find you a good and suitable husband very soon, InShahAllah. Don't give up hope and look for every opportunity to meet a potential spouse. BTW, 30 isn't that old. I know many sisters who married in their mid and late 30 and even early 40s and are happily married. I got (permenantly) married at 28,so not that much difference. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Basic Members

I have a friend who married happily after the age of 40.  Neither had been married before and are happily married for more than 10 years now, very suited for each other.  We prayed for God to bring best spouse for years.  He was worth the wait!   

• Basic Members
On 7/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, Guest Fatema said:

Salams

Walaikumassalaam 

I am in a similar situation. Put your trust in Allah, and know that He is the best of planners. Thinking about your friends and their lives will only bring you more sadness. There is always purpose to our lives. Sometimes we are so caught up with one aspect of life, such as marriage, that we forget there are so many other purposes in our lives.

Marriage, whilst encouraged and desirable, is not the be all and end all focus, we are sort of programmed to think this way because of the pressures placed on us within our families / communities to get married quickly. Whilst these pressures can be annoying, just know your time will come. People will always have something to say, don't let it bother you. Be mentally strong and keep your focus on how you can better prepare yourself for your future, by being the best version of yourself you can be.

Patience and Tawakkul are key for you right now! Don't lose hope, just as I haven't either.

Those who are patient are well rewarded.