Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Does shaytan distract your salat or namaz?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

When i pry sometimes my salat gets distracted in my head or i get disturbed or thrown off of it, wcould this be the work of shaytan? Does this happen to any of you?

We need to carefully examine ourselves. Sometimes it is we who become the force of Satan and the distraction comes from our own selves. There could be many ways by which we becomes the force of Satan:

وَاسْتَفْزِزْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ مِنْهُمْ بِصَوْتِكَ وَأَجْلِبْ عَلَيْهِمْ بِخَيْلِكَ وَرَجِلِكَ وَشَارِكْهُمْ فِي الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَوْلَادِ وَعِدْهُمْ ۚ وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ إِلَّا غُرُورًا {64}

[Shakir 17:64] And beguile whomsoever of them you can with your voice, and collect against them your forces riding and on foot, and share with them in wealth and children, and hold out promises to them; and the Shaitan makes not promises to them but to deceive:

A careful examination of our salah is also necessary all the times. It is said that prayer restrains [man] from loathsome deeds ( ان الصلواة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر)، are our prayers really doing this? 

And from realizing our status, we need to strive for self purification. We need to fight with our self, ourself vs ourself. To crush the low desires of self and impose the commands of God on ourselves and to compel ourselves to obey the commands of God. 

This is a never ending war. It ends only with the end of this limited worldly life. So put your trust on Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and begin this  سعي

وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلْإِنسَانِ إِلَّا مَا سَعَى

(And that man shall have nothing but what he strives for- 53:39)

Put you trust on God Almighty & God will accept your striving:

وَمَنْ أَرَادَ الآخِرَةَ وَسَعَى لَهَا سَعْيَهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَئِكَ كَانَ سَعْيُهُم مَّشْكُورًا

17:19

• Advanced Member

I find it hard to concentrate as well man. My mind wonders but I’ve always been someone who’s mind drifts away wether during salat or not just becomes worse when I’m praying. As brother layman said I think it’s because we are to eager to pray so we can continue doing what we where doing even if it was just relaxing.