Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why doesn't Islam seek converts the way some Christian sects do.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I was born an evangelical christian. They taught me it was every christians job not just the clergy to seek converts (evangelicals are currently the most aggressive about seeking converts). They gave pamphlets and food and extra bibles to hand out in public. I'm not saying we should force our religion on other people I know that Islam is not compulsory but why not try and convert people who might be willing.

• Advanced Member

Actually, it does. We call that Da'wah. I'm sure you've seen many videos where many (mostly Sunni) Muslims "give pamphlets and food and extra Qur'ans and short Islamic books to hand out in public", whether in the USA or in Europe. I'm not really sure if it is wajib for us Muslims to do Da'wah (I'm sure it's highly recommended), but keep in mind that today everything is so easily accessible. Practically every single non-Muslim can personally research about Islam, and many people convert without us Muslims even doing Da'wah. But idk, that's just my opinion.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

I'm not really sure if it is wajib for us Muslims to do Da'wah (I'm sure it's highly recommended), but keep in mind that today everything is so easily accessible. Practically every single non-Muslim can personally research about Islam, and many people convert without us Muslims even doing Da'wah. But idk, that's just my opinion.

Salam

In the noble book Qorb al-Isnad, p. 77, an order has been narrated from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) which says:

Invite people by your actions, not just your tongue(s).

.کُونُوا دُعَاةَ النَّاسِ‏ بِأَعْمَالِکُمْ، وَ لَا تَکُونُوا دُعَاةً بِأَلْسِنَتِکُمْ

Also, the eighth Imam (عليه السلام) says: If people knew the beauty of our words, they would follow us anytime.

فَإِنَّ النَّاسَ لَوْ عَلِمُوا مَحَاسِنَ‏ کَلَامِنَا لَاتَّبَعُونَا

In Kafi Sharif, Volume 8, Page 229, from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) is quoted as saying: May Allah have mercy on the servant who makes us beloved by the people, not by making us hated by the people.

رَحِمَ‏ اللَّهُ‏ عَبْداً حَبَّبَنَا إِلَی النَّاسِ وَ لَمْ یُبَغِّضْنَا إِلَیْهِمْ

Imam Askari (عليه السلام) who in a will to his Shiites and friends says:
(Turn all love-making towards us and keep all ugliness away from us.) Of course, the same word has come from the words of Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) and Imam Reza (عليه السلام).

Tuhaf al Uqul (Tuhaf al-'uqul)/488 جُرُّوا إِلَیْنَا کُلَ‏ مَوَدَّةٍ وَ ادْفَعُوا عَنَّا کُلَّ قَبِیحٍ (تحف العقول/۴۸۸)

Zirat Jamia Kabira :Whoever loves you loves Allah  indeed . 

مَنْ أَحَبَّکُمْ فَقَدْ أَحَبَّ اللَّهَ

From the words of the Prophet of Mercy, we read: Educate your children on three qualities: the love of your Prophet, the love of his family and the recitation of the Qur'an.

( Kanz  al Ummal  , H 45409 , Qamus al-Quran  p 2)  (کنزالعمّال ، ح ۴۵۴۰۹، قاموس قرآن ص۲)

Of course, by cursing and insulting the Sunni leaders, which causes them to be stubborn and deliberately cover up the truth, it is not possible to make the Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام) beloved by the hearts of others, as Allah says in verse 108 of Surah An'am.

Do not abuse those whom they invoke besides Allah, lest they should abuse Allah out of hostility, without any knowledge. That is how to every people We have made their conduct seem decorous. Then their return will be to their Lord and He will inform them concerning what they used to do. (108) 

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ ‎﴿١٠٨﴾‏

https://www.imna.ir/news/395771/مردم-را-با-اعمالتان-دعوت-کنید-نه-تنها-با-زبانتان

https://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/6:108

6 hours ago, musa shakr said:

They gave pamphlets and food and extra bibles to hand out in public. I'm not saying we should force our religion on other people I know that Islam is not compulsory but why not try and convert people who might be willing.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Debate follower said:

Muslims indeed are very active in spreading message of Islam.  It is having a great effect.  That’s why Islam is the fastest growing religion:

Salam It's mostly based on immigration  of muslim to Europe & America  due to having higher birthrate than residences  of Europe & America not by activiti Da'wah people  however Sufis & Ahmadis have had more success  in Da'wah but Salafi/Wahabi preachers in similar fashion of evangelist  preachers have made too much noise in social  media . 

Note : Two guys which has been promoted by you are hate preachers against  Shias which I ask admins to remove  links to these two wahabi  preachers.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam It's mostly based on immigration  of muslim to Europe & America  due to having higher birthrate than residences  of Europe & America not by activiti Da'wah people 

Salaam. Truth should always be said even if it is unpleasing to oneself.  Do you think the western press is applaud Islam as the fastest growing religion?  Even if the acknowledge it they give solely due to higher birth-rate.  In part this is true conversion to Islam is not highlighted.  But if search around you will find the truth!

Converts to Islam BY RUSSELL HEIMLICH

More than three-quarters (77%) of Muslim Americans say they have always been a Muslim, while 23% say they converted to Islam; 9-in-10 (91%) converts to Islam were born in the United States, and almost three-fifths (59%) of converts to Islam are African American. Two-thirds (67%) of all converts to Islam in the U.S. came from Protestant churches, 10% came from Catholicism, and just 5% from other religions. Nearly one-in-seven converts to Islam (15%) had no religion before their conversion. A 55% majority of converts identify with Sunni Islam and another quarter (24%) identify with no specific tradition. Only 6% of Muslim converts in America identify themselves as Shia.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2007/07/21/converts-to-islam/

Why are So Many Westerners Converting to Islam?

It is a fact that Islam is growing rapidly in the West. In the U.S. alone the number of Muslims has risen dramatically, from about 10,000 in 1900 to 3 million or more in 1991 (some authorities say 4.5 million). Most of this growth is due to recent immigration and the high birth rate of Muslims (5 children per family on average), rather than to conversion. Still, the number of those who convert to Islam is significant. In the U.S., the majority are African-American (a third of all Muslims according to most authorities), but there have also been significant numbers of Anglos to convert as well, many of them well-educated.

https://www1.cbn.com/spirituallife/why-are-so-many-westerners-converting-to-islam

Converting to Islam: British women on prayer, peace and prejudice

Around 5,000 British people convert to Islam every year – and most of them are women.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/11/islam-converts-british-women-prejudice

Record numbers convert to Islam in UK
Previous estimates have placed the number of Muslim converts in the UK at between 14,000 and 25,000, but Faith Matters's study suggests that the real figure could be as high as 100,000, with as many as 5,000 new conversions each year.

https://www.deccanherald.com/content/126164/record-numbers-convert-islam-uk.html

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Ahmadis have had more success  in Da'wah

:D :D I really hope you don't believe this Ahmadiyya propaganda!

Are Ahmadis the fastest growing Islamic sect?

https://ahmadiyyafactcheckblog.com/2017/01/15/are-ahmadis-the-fastest-growing-islamic-sect-the-world-christian-encyclopedia-opened-and-evaluated/

Mirror: Ahmadiyya Population Fraud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HRppvuzS1k

7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Reborn: I was forced to convert to Wahabiism before I ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31uvFjp99I

What's the point of this?  I'll refrain from posting of videos of ex-shias converts to Sunni Islam. This cross traffic will always be there.  It will start worrying if they leave Islam.

• Moderators
On 7/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, musa shakr said:

I was born an evangelical christian. They taught me it was every christians job not just the clergy to seek converts (evangelicals are currently the most aggressive about seeking converts). They gave pamphlets and food and extra bibles to hand out in public. I'm not saying we should force our religion on other people I know that Islam is not compulsory but why not try and convert people who might be willing.

It works a little differently in Islam. We don't believe it's our duty to convert people. The reason why is because we don't have the ability to convert someone. The only way someone can revert / convert to Islam is if they have a sincere desire to seek the truth. We have no idea at all if someone is sincerely seeking truth or not. That is something that is hidden from us and only known to that person. 

What we are required to do is to be a good muslim/a. If the majority of muslims who lived in the US actually practiced the religion and tried to emulate the teaching of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and the Imams((عليه السلام)) of Ahl Al Bayt in their daily life, you would have people rushing and stepping all over each other to convert / revert. The way that people were converted to Islam by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) was by people observing their honesty, their kindness, their respect for others, their morals and values and based on that believing in the religion. Influencing is by practicing what you preach and having good morals and values that others observe, not by talking. Talking is only valuable if you have the first part, the good values and morals that you practice. 

In the US, you have many Christians who do have good morals and good values, are respectful to others, are kind, etc. That is why people convert to Christianity. They see the behavior of those people and want to emulate them. Most Christians don't study the theology of Christianity and know almost nothing about it. This is a kind of ignorance that is propped up by a kind of arrogance where they believe that they will go to heaven just by saying some 'magic words'. This ignorance and arrogance is covered up by the fact that many actually treat others with kindness and respect, so apparently everyone sees them as good people, which is what keeps the community together, not the theology. The Holy Quran even talks about this. It say that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will never destroy a community as long as they do 'Silah'. Silah means to act kindly and respectfully with one another and to try to mend relationships within family and the community. Even if someone is arrogant and believes things about God that are not true, they will have to account for this in the Next Life, but in this life, their community will not be destroyed. This is what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) states

At the same time, you have the Muslim community in the US. If you look at the theology of Islam, as taught to us by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and clarified by Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), it is rock solid and there are not flaws in it. It is the truth, 100% with no problems and issues. We have the Holy Quran, which has existed for 1400 years without alteration, has never been falsified in any aspect over that 1400 years or has shown to be flawed in any way or untrue, not even in one section, one verse, or one letter. 

YET

If you look at why muslims came to the US, it mostly has nothing to do with spreading Islam or the message of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)). Some came for survival reasons, other came to increase their wealth and reputation. The muslims I have seen here are basically two types, with a very few exceptions. The first type are those who try to fully integrate into the US society and forget about their religion. If it is a women, the first thing she does is take off her hijab, wears makeup and designer cloths, tries to learn how to speak English without an accent, and forgets about her religion. They would never say they aren't muslim but if someone asks they'll say something like, 'Im on my own path' or something to that effect or 'Allah knows I'm a good person' etc, or other nonsense. If you saw them on the street, you would have no idea they are musllim/a. So they are deceiving themselves and living a double life. You wouldn't expect someone living like that to be a good example in their behaviour or morals. So noone looks to them for that, and thus they are not a true reflection of what the religion of Islam is. They made up their own religion and called it Islam

The second type are those who try to isolate themselves within their own little click or community and never go outside of that and interact with the American society as a whole. Many never bother to learn English or understand the wider society around them. They live their entire lives within a few square block radius. They might be good people, but noone outside of their little neighborhood would ever know that and they don't have the ability to interact with the larger society in the main language that is spoken where they live. I also think for most of them, they don't have any interest in doing that because they see the entire society and everything associated with it as corrupt and astray. This is mostly out of ignorance, because they don't actually know anything about the wider society. 

So given that the vast majority of muslims are in either one of these two groups, is it any surprise that there are very few reverts / converts in the US ? It used to surprise me but it doesn't anymore. As a revert to Islam myself, it is very difficult reality to deal with and I didn't want to believe it for a long time.

• Advanced Member
On 7/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Abu Hadi said:

It works a little differently in Islam. We don't believe it's our duty to convert people. The reason why is because we don't have the ability to convert someone. The only way someone can revert / convert to Islam is if they have a sincere desire to seek the truth. We have no idea at all if someone is sincerely seeking truth or not. That is something that is hidden from us and only known to that person. 

Salaams brother, I am afraid you have got completely wrong here. It is our religious obligation to pass the message of Islam.  I don’t like the word ‘convert’ as to me it ‘stinks’ of element of using force.  As it was mostly done by Christian missionaries (especially the Spanish) “Convert or Else…..!”

We have material from the Blessed Quran and Noble hadith to convey the message of Islam very gently, in most pleasing way without any arrogance “holier than thou” attitude.

The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is a perfect model for us.  He gave the message to all not caring to see “if they have a sincere desire to seek the truth”!  He gave dawah to the haughty and arrogant ones, the poor and needy, the willing and unwilling ones too.

As Allah Almighty said to the Blessed Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him):

“Your duty is only to convey the message; and on Us is the reckoning” (Qur’an 13:40)

“And the duty of the Messenger is only to convey (the Message) plainly.” [Qur’an 29:18]

There are few ayahs where Allah Almighty has clearly commanded Muslims to invite people to Islam.

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma'roof (whatever is good) and forbidding Al-Munkar (whatever is evil). And it is they who are successful." (Qur'an 3:104)

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.  Qur'an 16:125

You are the best of the nations raised up for (the benefit of) men; you enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and believe in Allah (Qur'an 3:110)

And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims” (Quran 20:23–24)

Sahl ibn Sa’d reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Allah, that Allah guides a man through you is better for you than a herd of expensive red camels.” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2847, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2406

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Convey from me, even a single verse. Narrate from the children of Israel, for there is no blame in it. Whoever deliberately lies about me, let him take his seat in Hellfire.” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3461

What we are required to do is to be a good muslim/a. If the majority of muslims who lived in the US actually practiced the religion and tried to emulate the teaching of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and the Imams((عليه السلام)) of Ahl Al Bayt in their daily life, you would have people rushing and stepping all over each other to convert / revert.

Did the Mushrikeens living around “Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and the Imams((عليه السلام)) of Ahl Al Bayt” rush and step all over each other to accept Islam just by observing dealings of those Noble Personalities (may Allah be pleased with them)?!

Certainly not! It was not that easy!   The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) strived hard, struggled endlessly to convey the Message of Islam. Bearing painful boycott for three years in the Valley of Abu Talib (She’eb Abi Talib), torturous journey to Taif. People throwing rubbish and remains of animals on the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).  Wars were imposed on him where he lost best of his near ones and his Companions (may Allah be pleased them all).

The way that people were converted to Islam by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) was by people observing their honesty, their kindness, their respect for others, their morals and values and based on that believing in the religion. Influencing is by practicing what you preach and having good morals and values that others observe, not by talking. Talking is only valuable if you have the first part, the good values and morals that you practice. 

Speaking and preaching is also very necessary to convey the message of Islam.  For first few years in early years, Muslims built up their character and then were actively involved in preaching and speaking to people around them about the message of Islam – This annoyed the Mushrikeen so much that they use to go around to the people not to listen to the Blessed Messenger of Allah Almighty (peace and blessings be upon him) scaring them that he as magician and would take their soul etc etc.
Hence the Blessed Messenger of Allah Almighty (peace and blessings be upon him) made his trip to the town of Taif to speak to them of the message Islam and later on even send letters to leaders of surrounding countries inviting to accept Islamic message.

In the US, you have many Christians who do have good morals and good values, are respectful to others, are kind, etc. That is why people convert to Christianity. They see the behavior of those people and want to emulate them. Most Christians don't study the theology of Christianity and know almost nothing about it. This is a kind of ignorance that is propped up by a kind of arrogance where they believe that they will go to heaven just by saying some 'magic words'. This ignorance and arrogance is covered up by the fact that many actually treat others with kindness and respect, so apparently everyone sees them as good people, which is what keeps the community together, not the theology.

Yes, Christians have good morals and good values, are respectful to others, are kind etc.  But by not promoting Christianity, the Christianity has lost out drastically.  You can check the statistics. Also, people know that those who are promoting Christianity are purely doing this to make MONEY! This is putting off people, so Christianity is losing out. I am not saying that there are no good and sincere Christians evangelizers there, there are but hardly count. The good ones have to the greener pastures in Asia and Africa. In Western Europe, Christianity as a religion has lost out, as a culture and tradition it is still surviving due to festival partying and merry making and that goes with it.

• Advanced Member

The Holy Quran even talks about this. It say that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will never destroy a community as long as they do 'Silah'. Silah means to act kindly and respectfully with one another and to try to mend relationships within family and the community. Even if someone is arrogant and believes things about God that are not true, they will have to account for this in the Next Life, but in this life, their community will not be destroyed. This is what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) states

I agree with completely. Alllah Almighty does not destroy a community that has Justice, fair play, social values, care mutual respect for all including animals. Hazrat Ali reminds us, “A state based on kufr (disbelief) can exist but an unjust state cannot survive for long.”

At the same time, you have the Muslim community in the US. If you look at the theology of Islam, as taught to us by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and clarified by Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)), it is rock solid and there are not flaws in it. It is the truth, 100% with no problems and issues. We have the Holy Quran, which has existed for 1400 years without alteration, has never been falsified in any aspect over that 1400 years or has shown to be flawed in any way or untrue, not even in one section, one verse, or one letter. 

YET

If you look at why muslims came to the US, it mostly has nothing to do with spreading Islam or the message of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)). Some came for survival reasons, other came to increase their wealth and reputation. The muslims I have seen here are basically two types, with a very few exceptions. The first type are those who try to fully integrate into the US society and forget about their religion. If it is a women, the first thing she does is take off her hijab, wears makeup and designer cloths, tries to learn how to speak English without an accent, and forgets about her religion. They would never say they aren't muslim but if someone asks they'll say something like, 'Im on my own path' or something to that effect or 'Allah knows I'm a good person' etc, or other nonsense. If you saw them on the street, you would have no idea they are musllim/a. So they are deceiving themselves and living a double life. You wouldn't expect someone living like that to be a good example in their behaviour or morals. So noone looks to them for that, and thus they are not a true reflection of what the religion of Islam is. They made up their own religion and called it Islam

Majority of these people (Born-Muslims) came to USA for the sole purpose of bettering their lives.  While they were in their own countries, to them USA looked like the proverbial ‘Land of honey and milk’ and ‘Land of freedom to do whatever one pleased’ (and a lot of houris were there too!) Though they had Muslim names (some of them even changed their names to blend in quicker) leading their lives according to requirements of Islam was the least of their concern.  All of them had inferiority complex. Getting visa to get to the West was like getting ‘free pass to Jannah’.

So, they readily and willingly adopted the motto: When in Rome, do as the Romans do – and some exceeded even the local natives!

The second type are those who try to isolate themselves within their own little click or community and never go outside of that and interact with the American society as a whole. Many never bother to learn English or understand the wider society around them. They live their entire lives within a few square block radius. They might be good people, but noone outside of their little neighborhood would ever know that and they don't have the ability to interact with the larger society in the main language that is spoken where they live. I also think for most of them, they don't have any interest in doing that because they see the entire society and everything associated with it as corrupt and astray. This is mostly out of ignorance, because they don't actually know anything about the wider society. 

These poor souls came to the USA just to escape the horrible situations in their countries. They were happy with their lives there and had no ambitions to go abroad as they were comfortable with the lives they led.  But the events had overtaken them, now and they find themselves in a very different environment.  They have suffered a great cultural shock.  This has made it difficult for them to adapt to strange life so suddenly and they suffer from insecurity.  They find it difficult to change and fit in. So, they live in their own little ghettos and hate venturing out.  I really feel sorry for them.

So given that the vast majority of muslims are in either one of these two groups, is it any surprise that there are very few reverts / converts in the US ? It used to surprise me but it doesn't anymore. As a revert to Islam myself, it is very difficult reality to deal with and I didn't want to believe it for a long time.

Well, you have to give a bit of time.  Real major Muslim immigration to the USA started in late 1970s. Once the first major wave of Muslims settled down and felt financially secure, they then ventured to setting up mosques and Islamic centres.  Then the Dawah action followed.

I believe you, yourself are a product to these dawah centres?  If, I recall correctly, in one of your interactions with ‘Great’ brother Nightclaw, you stated that you found Islam through the efforts of your Sunni friends and later you found ‘home’ in Shia Islam.  To which brother Nightclaw had remarked – “Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward.”

Dawah in Islam simply means the concept of calling or inviting others to the beautiful path of Islam. This is not an invention but a direct commandment from Almighty Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who said thus in the Qur’an:

Who is better in speech than the one who calls to Allah, does righteous deeds and says indeed I am among the Muslims. – (Surah 41:33).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, Debate follower said:

I really hope you don't believe this Ahmadiyya propaganda!

Are Ahmadis the fastest growing Islamic sect?

Definetly no but Ahmadis at first place then Sufis at second  place have had better organization  for Dawah than rest of sunni sects even they could convert a whole village/small town or tribe into Islam but on the other hand fortunately Salafis & Wahabi Dawah groups just have been successful in converting individuals  which upmost of their successful Dawah in Europe  & America  has been in countries likewise Chechenya & Bosnia which after defeat of ISIS in Syria & Iraq It has entered to phase of hibernation  which now their main focus is about repeating  their exprience  between  Uyghurs which despiite  of vast support of KSA & Turkey from Salafi/Wahabi group ,outcome these groups has been insignificant  & a total failure

The Muslim community has thrived in Chiapas in such a way that there is even a group of children educated under the Abrahamic religion's principles, including the teaching of the Koran.

While the members of the community grew up speaking Tzotzil and are fluent in Spanish, they now use Arabic in their prayers and to greet each other with the traditional "assalamu alaikum," which translates to "peace be with you."

"Fortunately, San Cristobal de las Casas is multicultural and there are many religions, Islam being one of them since 1996," Ibrahim said about the town, where four Muslim communities have taken root, adding that the religion is growing in the area, with between 70 and 80 members belonging to the Ahmadiyya sect.

by Mitzi Fuentes

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/life/islam-takes-root-in-community-southern-mexico/50000263-3787722

A group of Sufi Muslims from Spain began building this mosque in the city of San Cristobal de las Casas to house the growing community in Chiapas.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/article/muslims-mexico-indigenous-religion-islam

On 7/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, Debate follower said:

What's the point of this?  I'll refrain from posting of videos of ex-shias converts to Sunni Islam. This cross traffic will always be there.  It will start worrying if they leave Islam.

It's a fact however number of ex-shias converts to Sunnis is just lesser than fingers of a hand which there is doubt about claims  about being Shias because until now they have showed that they don't  even know basics of Shia Islam which only wahabi/Salafi propaganda  against  Shias  has been repeated by them in similar fashion of parroting  however majority of ex-shias except  Iran  which Iranians  have used artificial  political case & claiming  being in danger by Iran regime :blabla:  have been converted to christanity  due to receiving permission  of residence  because  of  forced migration due to heavy oppression & mass killing by wahabists /Salfis in their homecountries likewise Afghanistan  & Pakistan even convrting  have been seen of ex-Sunnis to christanity from Syria & Iraq due to oppression  Killing of them in Syria & Iraq by ISIS/Daesh.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Debate follower said:

Though they had Muslim names (some of them even changed their names to blend in quicker) leading their lives according to requirements of Islam was the least of their concern.  All of them had inferiority complex. Getting visa to get to the West was like getting ‘free pass to Jannah’.

It has been a ‘free pass to Jannah’ after what ISIS/Daesh & wahabists /Salafists  have done about them in muslim lands .

On 7/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Debate follower said:

. Most of this growth is due to recent immigration and the high birth rate of Muslims (5 children per family on average), rather than to conversion. Still, the number of those who convert to Islam is significant.

you have a good point.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Debate follower said:

“Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward.”

I totally  disagree , It just has been two steps forward & on going   understanding  of Islam in contrast  with converting to Sunnism & stopping in first step in wrong place.

• Advanced Member
On 7/12/2021 at 2:49 AM, Debate follower said:

Sahl ibn Sa’d reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Allah, that Allah guides a man through you is better for you than a herd of expensive red camels.” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2847, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2406

Qays b. Sa'd

Main article: Qays b. Sa'd b. 'Ubada

Qays was one of the first people who did not pay allegiance to Abu Bakr in Saqifa after the demise of the Prophet (s), and instead went to Imam Ali (a) and was one of his trusted helpers.

Death

The tiff between Sa'd and the government continued. It is narrated that 'Umar, during his regime told him to either pledge allegiance or to leave Medina. Hence, Sa'd left Medina and went towards Hawran in Damascus. There is disagreement regarding the manner of Sa'd's death amongst the Shi'a and Sunni sources. The year of his death is stated to be 11/632-33, 14/635-36 or 15/636-37, out of which 15/636-37 seems more accurate.

Regarding his cause of death too, there is disagreement. One party believes that during the rule of 'Umar, Sa'd was invited to pledge allegiance to the caliph but he refused to do so and left intending to move to Hawran in Damascus and died on the way. Others believe that he was killed by the jinns.

Yet another group believes that 'Umar had instructed Khalid b. Walid and Muhammad b. Salama al-Ansari to collect his allegiance in Damascus and when they faced opposition from him, each of them casted an arrow at him and killed him.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Sa'd_b._'Ubada

Indeed Ali is the flag of guidance, the leader of my friends and the light for those who obey me.

Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))

[Al-Amali Saduq, p. 376]

Martyrdom anniversary of Imam Ali (PBUH) on 21st holy month of Ramadan

https://btid.org/en/photogallery/142896

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/158518/Martyrdom-anniversary-of-Imam-Ali-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-on-21st-holy-month-of

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/158518/Martyrdom-anniversary-of-Imam-Ali-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-on-21st-holy-month-of

https://sayingsofimamali.com/dfls1eb/he-who-takes-guidance-from-other-than-the/

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7443:gems-of-guidance-from-imam-ali-a-s&catid=267&Itemid=338

https://english.khamenei.ir/Opinions/Imam_Ali

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_tags&view=tag&id=112:imam-ali-a-s

https://www.erfan.ir/english/83485.html

https://english.tebyan.net/newindex.aspx?pid=31420

• Moderators
On 7/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Debate follower said:

Salaams brother, I am afraid you have got completely wrong here. It is our religious obligation to pass the message of Islam.  I don’t like the word ‘convert’ as to me it ‘stinks’ of element of using force.  As it was mostly done by Christian missionaries (especially the Spanish) “Convert or Else…..!”

We have material from the Blessed Quran and Noble hadith to convey the message of Islam very gently, in most pleasing way without any arrogance “holier than thou” attitude.

The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is a perfect model for us.  He gave the message to all not caring to see “if they have a sincere desire to seek the truth”!  He gave dawah to the haughty and arrogant ones, the poor and needy, the willing and unwilling ones too.

As Allah Almighty said to the Blessed Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him):

“Your duty is only to convey the message; and on Us is the reckoning” (Qur’an 13:40)

“And the duty of the Messenger is only to convey (the Message) plainly.” [Qur’an 29:18]

There are few ayahs where Allah Almighty has clearly commanded Muslims to invite people to Islam.

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma'roof (whatever is good) and forbidding Al-Munkar (whatever is evil). And it is they who are successful." (Qur'an 3:104)

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.  Qur'an 16:125

You are the best of the nations raised up for (the benefit of) men; you enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and believe in Allah (Qur'an 3:110)

And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims” (Quran 20:23–24)

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Convey from me, even a single verse. Narrate from the children of Israel, for there is no blame in it. Whoever deliberately lies about me, let him take his seat in Hellfire.” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3461

Did the Mushrikeens living around “Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and the Imams((عليه السلام)) of Ahl Al Bayt” rush and step all over each other to accept Islam just by observing dealings of those Noble Personalities (may Allah be pleased with them)?!

Certainly not! It was not that easy!   The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) strived hard, struggled endlessly to convey the Message of Islam. Bearing painful boycott for three years in the Valley of Abu Talib (She’eb Abi Talib), torturous journey to Taif. People throwing rubbish and remains of animals on the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).  Wars were imposed on him where he lost best of his near ones and his Companions (may Allah be pleased them all).

Speaking and preaching is also very necessary to convey the message of Islam.  For first few years in early years, Muslims built up their character and then were actively involved in preaching and speaking to people around them about the message of Islam – This annoyed the Mushrikeen so much that they use to go around to the people not to listen to the Blessed Messenger of Allah Almighty (peace and blessings be upon him) scaring them that he as magician and would take their soul etc etc.
Hence the Blessed Messenger of Allah Almighty (peace and blessings be upon him) made his trip to the town of Taif to speak to them of the message Islam and later on even send letters to leaders of surrounding countries inviting to accept Islamic message.

Yes, Christians have good morals and good values, are respectful to others, are kind etc.  But by not promoting Christianity, the Christianity has lost out drastically.  You can check the statistics. Also, people know that those who are promoting Christianity are purely doing this to make MONEY! This is putting off people, so Christianity is losing out. I am not saying that there are no good and sincere Christians evangelizers there, there are but hardly count. The good ones have to the greener pastures in Asia and Africa. In Western Europe, Christianity as a religion has lost out, as a culture and tradition it is still surviving due to festival partying and merry making and that goes with it.

I can only speak from my personal experience and my knowledge. Where I live (it's on my profile), most people will reject the 'hard sell' approach. If you get 'up in their face' and especially if you start saying 'you are wrong, you're going to hell' as some Salafis do, this will definitely backfire and turn people away from the religion all together. Everyone I know, including myself, who has reverted to Islam, it was due to a few things, none of them included the above. These things were

1. First and most important, they were open to hearing the truth. This usually happens when a person is at a stage in their life when they have tried a certain lifestyle or belief system and that belief system has let them down to the point where they don't believe it is true / valid anymore. Once they begin to move away from false beliefs, then they are open to hearing about Islam. 

2. They have contact with sincere, practicing Muslim/as. These are not people that 'push things on them' but people who they choose to be around and are there to help them when they need help and make them feel as if they are part of a community. 

3. They are willing to change their life in order to make their life conform to the will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). In other words, they are willing to follow what the religion says, after they are aware of it, even if following that will require them to give up some of the dunya, change their relationships with their good friends, family members in order to conform to the religion, even if it opens them up to mocking and persecution in the society in which they live. This is the difficult part that most people are not willing to do. I have seen many non Muslim Americans understand and accept the truth of Islam, but they were not willing to change their life in order to conform to that knowledge and understanding that they received from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). This is the sad and unfortunate part. But if they are willing to do this, then the process can continue and they can revert.

So besides #2, the other parts are completely up to that person. Noone can force them to do it. So that is why the 'hard sell' approach doesn't work. If a muslim had the ability to revert someone besides themselves, the entire world would have been Muslim 1400 years ago. 

As to your point about the Musrikeen not 'rushing to accept Islam' even after they observed the behaviour or Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h), there are two points here that must be understood. 

First, yes they were rushing to become Muslim/a. There were a few, such as Abu Jahl(la) and others who were 'beyond hope' because of their extreme love for the dunya, and they were threatening the other inhabitants of Mecca that if they accepted Islam they would be killed and their property would be seized. So this is what stopped the public reverting of people within Mecca. This only lasted for a few years, until Fatah Mecca (The Opening of Mecca). If the people in Mecca were truly averse to the religion of Islam (at least most of them were) then how would it be possible for Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) to come in and take back control of Mecca with no blood shed. If you look at any similar situation in history, where a city is 'occupied' by a force which most of the people don't support, there will always be a 'guerilla' movement  / resistance movement to fight against the occupation. This never happened in Mecca, which means that the vast majority of the people of Mecca were already convinced of the truth of Islam even before Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) went back to the city. The only thing that changed after this event is that they were able to publicly express this without fear that they would be punished by the likes of Abu Sufyan, Abu Jahl, and the other Mushrik leaders of Mecca.