Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

what happens then?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

when you make someone sad, they have to forgive you or else they will have all your good deeds for themselves in the hereafter, but what if you apologize and they still didn't forgive you, but you pray to Allah to forgive you; will that work?

• Basic Members

Think from this perspective. We all know that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Utmost Merciful and He will forgive literally anything except for one thing. If you truly repent for wrong you have done to someone else (and yourself; everything you do reflects on your soul as well) and you ask Allah for forgiveness and you ask that person for forgiveness, you know Allah will forgive you for sure, than who is the human being to not forgive? Correcting yourself is about honest repentance, it's not a marketplace where we trade with good deeds.
That's my way of thinking.

• Advanced Member

the way I see it is, if you sincerely repent.. Allah then recompenses the person you hurt so that they are inclined to forgive you too. 

i.e. you hurt someone, and when you repent, Allah then gifts the person you wronged a beautiful child, and on the day of judgment the other person would be soo thankful for that child they will most likely forgive you, as the pain you caused them was nothing compared to the blessing they received due to compensation. 

Im Sajjad also mentions in his dua His Supplication No. 31 in Repentance (Tauba), verse 69: 

"So compensate their owners, lighten their load upon me" Sahife Sajjadiya (duas.org)

This seems to suggest the same thing. Also if you know you hurt someone maybe try reading that dua, and mentioning to Allah That he compensate the person you hurt and bless them with a blessing from your dua so they are inclined to forgive you on the day that matters.  

That's just how I see it though, so it could be a wrong understanding. Allah hu alam. 

• Basic Members
On 7/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, Hannie said:

when you make someone sad, they have to forgive you or else they will have all your good deeds for themselves in the hereafter, but what if you apologize and they still didn't forgive you, but you pray to Allah to forgive you; will that work?

And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimoon (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah).”[Hood 11:52] 

People who remember Allah

2) “And the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues. Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).” [al’Ahzaab 33:35]

Allah Almighty is Beneficient and loves those who are beneficent towards His creation. Another Verse about the poor.

3) “And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen, Al-Masakin (the poor), and those who left their homes for Allah’s Cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [An’Nur24:22]

4) “And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad P.B.U.H) that you may obtain mercy. And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqun.” [Al’Imran3:132,133]

Allah Subhana Hu Ta’ala never returns a person empty-handed. Always hope for forgiveness.

5) “Hold to forgiveness, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant.” [ Al-‘Araf 7: 199]

Whether you (mankind) disclose (by good words of thanks) a good deed (done to you in the form of a favour by someone), or conceal it, or pardon an evil, … verily, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, All-Powerful.”[Al’Nisa 4:149]

Sister Hannie, Allah will forgive everything except Shirk. But Allah will even forgive shirk while a person is still alive if they repent sincerely from the shirk In Sha Allah. Repent to Allah sincerely.

I'm not sure about what you said about a person must forgive you or they get your good deeds... I don't think it works that way home girl lolzzz. But you can ask. I also advise you to try to make amends to the people you hurt if you can do it safely and with respect.

May Allah guide you and forgive you

• Advanced Member
On 7/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, Hannie said:

but what if you apologize and they still didn't forgive you, but you pray to Allah to forgive you; will that work?

Salam although  Allah is most merciful but there is no way for forgiving  Haq al Nas which you must do your best in this world to solve your problem & take forgiveness  of people before leaving  this world.