Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Collapse of Afghanistan

Rate this topic

Meedy

• Advanced Member

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2021/08/15/1027913330/photos-a-view-of-afghanistan-as-the-taliban-takes-over-kabul

Here is a question.

Why are there only men or 99% men in these photos? Particularly in the photo of people in the plane, it is 99% men with children and hardly any women. There are a few women in the bottom left, but otherwise just hundreds of men. Did these men leave their wives behind? 

Does anyone else find this odd? 

Edited by iCenozoic

• Advanced Member

There is still currently resistance in Panjsher. And Massoud holds his position. I hope that he expands his position towards North Afghanistan, as he is capable of winning. Hope for large arms supply and mobilization. Otherwise they will be surrounded forever.

Edited by lover

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, lover said:

To those who say USA left Afg because they are tired of war, why are they not tired of war in Syria and Iraq? They are only tired of war in Afghanistan? No, they are just hypocrites.

I agree, i mean why is US always threatening Iran, Syria, China and Russia. Why doesn't remove its bases from near those countries...

US loves wars more than anyone else.

• Veteran Member
26 minutes ago, Meedy said:

I agree, i mean why is US always threatening Iran, Syria, China and Russia. Why doesn't remove its bases from near those countries...

US loves wars more than anyone else.

Money for US defense contractors and politicians. 20 yrs of big income worth billions while in Afghanistan.

Threatening Syria, China and Russia are good money will guarantee good money (in trillions of dollars) to defense contractors for 10 to 20 years to come.

1 hour ago, lover said:

To those who say USA left Afg because they are tired of war, why are they not tired of war in Syria and Iraq? They are only tired of war in Afghanistan? No, they are just hypocrites.

Combat operations in Iraq were declared over and done with a month ago, but the training, equipment maintenance and intelligence missions remain mostly at the request of the Iraqi Government. The Iraqi military still conducts anti-ISIS operations with the support of US troops till this day.

In any case, most bases that housed US troops have been returned to the Iraqi military, so the US presence is very low compared to even 2 years ago.

As for Syria, the US maintains a very small presence in Syria, which is very low-cost compared to the presence in Afghanistan.

The SDF also seems to be more capable than the Afghan military aswell, and isn't really engaging in full-scale combat right now.

I think the US came to the conclusion that it would either need a surge in troop levels in Afghanistan (very unpopular) to keep the Taliban at bay and to support the Afghan government when the Taliban begins full-scale operations, or it should pullout and cut costs. Biden looked at the options and chose pulling it, because the alternative was an unwinnable forever war that requires a certain amount of troop levels.

The same cannot be said in Iraq and Syria, where America's self-declared interests are being met at relatively low-cost.

• Advanced Member
On 7/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, Northwest said:

They have not actually left, but merely outsourced—to players such as Turkey and its satellites.

Does that mean that under Biden, US is going closer to Turkey and far from KSA?

• Advanced Member

This is the right time for Liva Fatimiyun and shia resistance groups to make there positions firm within Afghanistan and become the backbone for the regions dominated by Shias and other non-Sunni groups. 

Because Shias of Afghan should not live in this dilemma of fear and hope as Taliban takes over. 

Taliban cannot be fighted right now. And the Afghan govt is equally repressive for Shias (not to mention how corrupt they are). 

So, the way to go right now is to develop resistance and incline towards self-sufficiency. It will be easy as Taliban would take some time to stabilise there govt and even if they are animals, they won't attack any shias right now. They won't develop any sentiment of hate right now if they want to rule. 

• Advanced Member

I go to Muslim Vibe page on the internet and Instagram. I was shocked how many people commented in favor of Taliban, I guarantee almost all of them are not afghan.  Its perhaps they are really stupid or have a taste in seeing Afghan people oppressed or they're blind or they be liked lets give them a chance. I was shocked.

I don't understand why people think Afghan wanted this. Afghan people DID not want this. There is so many questions needs to be answered.

I don't care what Sect are Taliban are from, They're same as ISIS and all other thugs groups who likes to oppress people, who likes to behead people, who like to torture women and importantly all of they have hate towards Ahl-Bayt.

Saudi has recognized them, it is not a surprise isn't it .. 

>>>I am just curious if Afghanistan did not have shia at all, would the situation be the same. Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain Syria,Nigeria, Iran and Afghanistan, they all have 1 thing in common which is there shia people there (I suppose Libya was different they went there for oil and he wasn't on US side) <<< This whole part, I might be wrong and apologise about being wrong about it.

They're just acting oh we are different, we let women study, we respect shia etc the why did they taken the flags of Muharam, forcing young girls into marriage etc).  Afghan people know how barbaric are these thugs are.

Excuse my language and Forgive me. I apologies if there certain things I am wrong however I will never change my stance on these hyenas and wild dogs (Taliban).

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, Meedy said:

I go to Muslim Vibe page on the internet and Instagram. I was shocked how many people commented in favor of Taliban, I guarantee almost all of them are not afghan.  Its perhaps they are really stupid or have a taste in seeing Afghan people oppressed or they're blind or they be liked lets give them a chance. I was shocked.

I don't understand why people think Afghan wanted this. Afghan people DID not want this. There is so many questions needs to be answered.

I don't care what Sect are Taliban are from, They're same as ISIS and all other thugs groups who likes to oppress people, who likes to behead people, who like to torture women and importantly all of they have hate towards Ahl-Bayt.

Saudi has recognized them, it is not a surprise isn't it .. 

>>>I am just curious if Afghanistan did not have shia at all, would the situation be the same. Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain Syria,Nigeria, Iran and Afghanistan, they all have 1 thing in common which is there shia people there (I suppose Libya was different they went there for oil and he wasn't on US side) <<< This whole part, I might be wrong and apologise about being wrong about it.

They're just acting oh we are different, we let women study, we respect shia etc the why did they taken the flags of Muharam, forcing young girls into marriage etc).  Afghan people know how barbaric are these thugs are.

Excuse my language and Forgive me. I apologies if there certain things I am wrong however I will never change my stance on these hyenas and wild dogs (Taliban).

Those kind of people will be very numerous during end times. There are narrations that even Imam Mahdi (a) will watch while Momineen get killed by those thugs. Shia can’t do anything right now.

• Advanced Member

Massoud’s speech during Muharram mentioning Imam Hussein (a) as his hero (from min 2:20 and min 8:00).

He vows to fight the extremist Taliban:

While the only solution of the West is to bring as much Afghans as possible out of the country. How many do they want to get out, and why only out of Kabul?

Edited by lover

• Advanced Member
On 8/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

At 2:00 the speaker mentions Hazara militiaman Abdul Hakim Shujayi and his alleged crimes in Uruzgan. Here is the truth:

But Shujayi was never formally indicted or arrested. ...

Ali reflected bitterly upon Shujayi’s treatment by the United States: “The Americans, they use you like a tissue paper and they throw you away.”

“I am innocent,” Shujayi told me. “I have not committed any crime. I am being framed because of my ethnicity. I was only doing my job.” ...

Shujayi did not express resentment at those who had pushed him into the life of a fugitive, but he did want me to note that everyone who had accused him was a Pashtun (whom Ali derisively calls “Taliban necktie-da,” Taliban with neckties). Everything they said was slander, he told me. For one, he was responsible for no more than 30 deaths, all “in battle.” Shujayi said his level of aggression had been necessary to protect his community.

One advisor to a prominent Hazara ethnic leader, who asked not to be named because he lives in a majority-Pashtun area and fears retribution, wanted me to explain why the U.S. military had tacitly endorsed the behaviors of the Pashtun police chief of Kandahar province, Abdul Raziq, who was accused of violent abuses, but the international community gave Shujayi, a Hazara commander, a difficult time over “some minor misconduct.”

Source

The Taliban continue to make false accusations about Hazara commanders’ “crimes” against Pashtuns (other Taliban?).

• Advanced Member
The capture of Afghanistan by the Taliban is “another American scam against Muslims.” That’s according to Ramzan Kadyrov, the leader of Russia’s Chechnya region, who suggested that the terrorist group is controlled by Washington. Speaking on a video posted by one of his sons, Adam, Kadyrov urged everyone to be on guard.
“America has come up with another scam against Muslims. They said they would never get out of [Afghanistan], and now they’ve abandoned everyone and run away,” Kadyrov said. “Imagine, for decades, people have been dying there. Five years ago, there were already more than two million civilians killed!”

According to the Chechen leader, the Taliban is an American project and is not to be trusted. He compared the group to Bin Laden, the former leader of Al-Qaeda, who Washington funded in the war against the Soviet Union in the 1980s.

Source

• Advanced Member

Taliban have stated that they want to cooperate with Turkey more closely than with any other country: طالبان: خواهان همکاری گسترده با ترکیه هستیم

Erdogan has shown interest in Taliban before. 

Meanwhile Afghans recapture lost areas from Taliban: نیروهای خیزش مردمی ولسوالی پل‌حصار اندراب ولایت بغلان را از طالبان پس گرفت

• Advanced Member

Taliban, ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Jabhat al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Islam, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram = 50 flavors of Takfirism, Salafism, Wahhabism

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Forum Administrators

middleeasteye can be anti-Shia/Iran. However this article has a fair amount of detail, I have not seen elsewhere:

"The Iranians fear that the conflict will take an ethnic turn and then it will be bloodier than the sectarian one," Hamdani said.

There are concerns that if an ethnic conflict is stoked with the Hazara, other groups in Afghanistan would turn on the Shia, not just the Taliban.

"The Taliban do not consider the Hazara to be indigenous to the country and question their origins. If the conflict turns from sectarian to ethnic, it means the end of the Hazara,” Hamdani said. 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/afghanistan-taliban-iran-allies-soleiman-deals-relying-on

• Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

middleeasteye can be anti-Shia/Iran. However this article has a fair amount of detail, I have not seen elsewhere:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/afghanistan-taliban-iran-allies-soleiman-deals-relying-on

Iran, with the help of Russia, really stamped out rebels in Syria. I wonder if they would have similar success if it came down to a conflict with the Taliban. Or is the only real solution to potentially allow what most likely will be the oppression of Shia, in hopes of future peace. 

• Advanced Member

After Ashraf Ghani fled on Sunday, 18 August 2021, the Taliban captured Kabul, Afghanistan's capital, once again. They went to the presidential palace almost without any fight.

„A senior interior ministry official told Reuters on Sunday that Ghani has left thecountry.“

It was in the first ten days of the Islamic month of Muharram, which is sacred by Shia Muslims, in which the Taliban captured almost all of Afghanistan.

Rumors are circulating that Ghani had taken cash amounting to several million dollars with him on his flight. Whether or not this rumor proves true, Afghans are glad to be rid of this ruler, because there is no doubt that his reign was one of the bloodiest in Afghanistan's history for Afghans. Not a week went by without attacks. His personal security forces also contributed to this by shooting at peaceful protesters.

His brother Hashmat Ghani even joined the Taliban.

Nevertheless, Afghans are not at all happy that the Taliban now rule Afghanistan. After all, the Taliban already ruled between 1996 and 2001, and their system of rule is based on an idiosyncratic dictatorship, as they still emphasize. They terrorized Afghans with suicide attacks between 2001 and 2021.

Furthermore they want to pressure their ideological system upon Afghans.

"There will be no democratic system at all because it does not have any base in our country. We will not discuss what type of political system should we apply in Afghanistan because it is clear. It is sharia law and that is it.", Waheedullah Hashimi, a senior Taliban commander, said on 18 August 2021, in fluent English.

Now the question for many people and world governments is whether the Taliban government can be accepted as the legitimate Afghan government.

For several reasons, the Taliban cannot be a legitimate government of Afghanistan:

1) The Taliban committed serious human rights violations against minorities and women between 1996 and 2001 and afterwards. They have announced that they will continue these attrocities at least against Afghan women. Religious and ethnic minorities are also at risk from the Taliban.

2) The Taliban have so far financed themselves through drugs and foreign sponsors who are mostly Arab-Wahabi and not Afghans. These sponsors are pursuing their personal goals in Afghanistan and those goals will never benefit Afghans.

3) The Taliban do not accept the opinion of Afghan citizens, but want to implement their ideology in a dictatorial and authoritarian manner.

The list against accepting the Taliban as a legitimate government of any country is almost endless.

It is necessary for Afghans to resist the Taliban and their ideology. For the Taliban have nothing to do with Islam, but impose their understanding of it by force. Afghanistan without the Taliban was no less Islamic than Iran, Turkey, Iraq or Pakistan. Resisting the Taliban weakens them to an enormous degree.

Fortunately, not all of Afghanistan's former politicians left the country. Among others, Hamid Karzai, president of Afghanistan between 2001 and 2014, and Abdullah Abdullah, former foreign minister of Afghanistan, remained. In addition, Ashraf Ghani is accused of rigging the elections, and preventing Abdullah from becoming president.

A temporary military confrontation with this terrorist group may be necessary until the Taliban is so weakened that it voluntarily withdraws from all areas.

Afghan national unity is extremely important for this country because Afghanistan is a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country. Shiites, Sunnis, and other religious minorities live there; Tajik, Uzbek, Pashtun, and Hazara Afghans live there.

The flag of Afghanistan must remain as it was between 2001 and 2021. Any other flag will create new conflicts. The white flag of the Taliban is a flag based on Wahabism and would divide the country.

Also, the name "Islamic Republic of Afghanistan", must stay the official name of Afghanistan. Any "Emirate" name is not up-to-date and should not be accepted as the name of Afghanistan by the international community and by Afghans, themselves.

The Pashtuns, which is an ethnicity belonging to Afghanistan, have to realize once for all that Afghanistan isn’t theirs exclusively.

Another victory over the Taliban will be the final answer to all foreign sponsors of this terrorist group that the Taliban and other terrorists are not welcome in Afghanistan.

The official flag of Afghanistan:

Flag%2Bof%2BAfghanistan.jpg

Also, the name "Islamic Republic of Afghanistan", must stay the official name of Afghanistan. Any "Emirate" name is not up-to-date and should not be accepted as the name of Afghanistan by the international community and by Afghans, themselves.

The Pashtuns, which is an ethnicity belonging to Afghanistan, have to realize once for all that Afghanistan isn’t theirs exclusively.

Another victory over the Taliban will be the final answer to all foreign sponsors of this terrorist group that the Taliban and other terrorists are not welcome in Afghanistan.

Edited by lover

• Advanced Member

Former Afghan president Karzai wants to negotiate between Taliban and Massoud. Is the Pashtun Karzai a Taliban agent? He helped the Taliban several times, it seems.

„Sarah Chayes:

Again, it's very counterintuitive, but it was Karzai who initially negotiated the entry of the Taliban into Kandahar back in 1994.“

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/the-u-s-ignored-corruption-within-the-afghan-government-did-that-lead-to-its-fall

• Advanced Member
  • Veteran Member

See the comments. Just one interview in good English and the perceptions are already changing.

If there's one thing the Taliban have learned over the years, it is how to do PR. And the fact the the interview was given to a Western female journo in Kabul couldn't have helped more.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, lover said:

Former Afghan president Karzai wants to negotiate between Taliban and Massoud. Is the Pashtun Karzai a Taliban agent? He helped the Taliban several times, it seems.

He is not much different than Ghani, just trying to make himself look good. Sadly Afghan Leaders, almost all of them are completely useless, Gutless, Cowards, have no sense humanity, they've never provided the army with appropriate support, always focused on keep the country divided, they've never tried to unite pashtun, tajik  etc. 

Perhaps he wants to bring a massoud in a place where he can be assassinated.

I suppose this may explain why Afghan people don't have the courage to fight anymore because they're sick of the corrupt government, they don't have or see a leader that gives them courage to fight, to be united. All they see is leaders/gov officials escaping and talking crap. You know what, if people fight back and gain back the country, these corrupt animals will take the credit for it and would try come back to have position in the Gov. If they don't get it, they'll start propaganda and claim the gov is corrupt.

How did they name the airport after him, is beyond me, that guy is just another idiot :S

Perhaps if Afghanistan was still under control of Soviet Union or Russia, the country would've been in a much greater place.

I think Amanullah Khan was the Best Afghan Ruler.

• Advanced Member
27 minutes ago, Meedy said:

He is not much different than Ghani, just trying to make himself look good. Sadly Afghan Leaders, almost all of them are completely useless, Gutless, Cowards, have no sense humanity, they've never provided the army with appropriate support, always focused on keep the country divided, they've never tried to unite pashtun, tajik  etc. 

Perhaps he wants to bring a massoud in a place where he can be assassinated.

I suppose this may explain why Afghan people don't have the courage to fight anymore because they're sick of the corrupt government, they don't have or see a leader that gives them courage to fight, to be united. All they see is leaders/gov officials escaping and talking crap. You know what, if people fight back and gain back the country, these corrupt animals will take the credit for it and would try come back to have position in the Gov. If they don't get it, they'll start propaganda and claim the gov is corrupt.

How did they name the airport after him, is beyond me, that guy is just another idiot :S

Perhaps if Afghanistan was still under control of Soviet Union or Russia, the country would've been in a much greater place.

I think Amanullah Khan was the Best Afghan Ruler.

People keep asking me why Afghan soldiers didn’t fight. My answer: First of all many fought and died. Many didn’t fight properly because of the corrupted Afghan leadership.

But another thing I can’t tell them is that Afghans don’t have a unity feeling like many others do. Each want to fight for his own group. They have to learn that if they continue like this, foreigners will rule over them and if foreigners rule over them, they will have no prosperity but are slaves of others.

Ibn Khaldoun, a north-African historian stated that 'Asabiya (being into tribes) is the main reason for division and weakness.

Edited by lover

• Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, lover said:

But another thing I can’t tell them is that Afghans don’t have a unity feeling like many others do. Each want to fight for his own group.

You're right about that. Even those who live in the West, don't have unity. Like where I live, I know there afghan communities, 1 is hazara and 2 other kabulies - If they unite, they can buy a bigger center and instead of have small ones there and there.

Problems: 1. Issues of leadership, who is to be in charge and responsibilities role. 2-one group might feel they're discriminated. 3- one thing goes wrong, blame game starts. 4- who is in charge of finance 5 -different views/opinions and not willing to compromise or of accept.

So you see, if afghans of different ethnics have to manage a community centre, you can see what can go wrong :'(

God I hope I am wrong but can people understand what I am trying to say.

• Advanced Member

I'm overjoyed that the US has left Afghanistan. We had absolutely no business going in there in the first place, especially since we were funding what later became the Taliban against the Soviet Union in the 80s. The war was pointless and hypocritical from the get go because bin Laden wasn't there, there were no massive bases cut into the mountains of Tora Bora, and the US needs to not be invading anywhere and instead focusing on the domestic problems here at home. We spent $2.3tr and for what?