In the Name of God بسم الله

Why can't I stop crying

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Everytime Im done praying, I remember all bad memories; for some reason the tears wont stop coming. it mostly happens when Im about to sleep and when I pray. Do you know whats the reason behind it?

• Advanced Member

A response to both your recent threads:

I think you should find a youth club at a nearby mosque, find an older sister in her mid-twenties, and take her as your mentor. Just her listening to your problems helps a lot. We think we're alone and that only we are dealing with the problems that we're dealing with, but we we're going through is nothing new under the sun. Either she has gone through what you have gone through, or she knows somebody that does, or in the worst case scenario she can lend you an ear.

• Basic Members

Salaam Sister Hannie, Your sadness could be caused by many things. It could be Allah testing you to make you patient and righteous. Allah tests some people with poverty, others with emotional distress, others with illness, and yet others with prosperity and fame:

Who has created death and life that He may test which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.  [67: 2)]

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise before Allah tests those of you who fought (in His Cause) and (also) tests those who are As-Sabirun (the patient)? [3: 142)].

You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in your personal selves. [3: 186]

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them… [Surat al Ankabut,2-4]

What to do when Allah tests us? And seek help in patience and As-Salah and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for humbly submissive [to Allah] [2:45].

Our Lord, pour upon us patience and let us die as Muslims. [7:126]

Another problem you may have Sister is you might be suffering from clinical depression.

• Symptoms in adults: A person having a major depressive episode usually exhibits a low mood, which pervades all aspects of life, and an inability to experience pleasure in previously enjoyable activities. Depressed people may be preoccupied with—or ruminate over—thoughts and feelings of worthlessness, inappropriate guilt or regret, helplessness or hopelessness. In severe cases, depressed people may have symptoms of psychosis. These symptoms include delusions or, less commonly, hallucinations, usually unpleasant.
  • Symptoms in children: In younger children, symptoms of depression may include sadness, irritability, clinginess, worry, aches and pains, refusing to go to school, or being underweight.
  • Symptoms in teens: In teens, symptoms may include sadness, irritability, feeling negative and worthless, anger, poor performance or poor attendance at school, feeling misunderstood and extremely sensitive, using recreational drugs or alcohol, eating or sleeping too much, self-harm, loss of interest in normal activities, and avoidance of social interaction.

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms..Please seek help. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Islam forbids seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist or taking depression medication. Believe me Sister you don't want to get yourself to the point of Allah forbid wanting to commit suicide or Allah forbid attempting suicide.

May Allah guide you and bless you and keep you safe.

Edited by notme
Typo corrected by member request