Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

May Allah protect Shiachat from US censorship!!

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators
On 6/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, Abu Hadi said:

There is no reason why someone should be going on these platforms and posting things about themselves that could come back to harm them in the future, or be used to manipulate the opinions of others.

Surely that also applies to posting on this website?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Surely that also applies to posting on this website?

If it could come back to hurt them in the future, yes. The second doesn't apply since this site doesn't engage in what Facebook does, i.e. use data gathered from the backend of the site to push content to the front end (where the end user can see it) in order to deliberately manipulate opinions in a certain direction. 

I can't believe someone compared Ahlulbayt TV censorship to Firaun...

Look, we gotta also acknowledge that many Muslim countries ban and block sites left and right for no real reason. From Club Penguin (when it was around) to random Wiki sites, to youtube. If you wanted to watch funny cat videos, play video games, or get info for a school project, you'd have to get a VPN, which slowed down your internet exponently. What about that?

The only real context they are applying it to is "hate speech". Remember that before trump was banned, he promoted so much conspiracy and misinformation. Hate speech isn't simply disagreeing with someone on politics, wether you're right leaning or left leaning, it covers an array of harmful views. If people have less access to harmful views, such as bigotry from stupid conspiracy theorists, then I think the American people can become healthier mentally and emotionally in the long run. Remember that social media has caused extreme polarization in the political landscape. If you look on this site at old threads from old members, the answers given were relatively fair and balanced. Now on all Muslim forums, everyone's so quick to give extreme answers without even considering the full picture of any given situation. 

As for Ahlul Bayt TV, we really don't know their intentions. They might be operating under the guise of spreading Shia Islam info to people who want to know more, but remember that Ahlul Bayt TV was the one who funded people like the ex-convert on their channels and even now that she has left Islam twice and spoken poorly about Islam, and lived a double life, they haven't removed her videos or issued an apology. They even allowed her to come back on a variety of different shows getting interviewed for "why she left". It has to make you wonder what their agenda is when they still continue to support people like her. Why support and promote ex-converts for the sake of "awareness"? 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Guest Window said:

Look, we gotta also acknowledge that many Muslim countries ban and block sites left and right for no real reason.

But they don't claim freedom of speech as one of their highest legislatively enshrined values. In the United States we have this thing called The Bill of Rights, which is the first ten amendments to The Constitution. The delegates back in the day wouldn't agree to the formation of the Untied States without them. The first of these amendments clearly states that expression of opinion shall not be restricted. 

Also, that's irrelevant. Someone else doing it doesn't make it right. 

How can a democracy operate under secrecy and censorship? It's impossible. 

5 minutes ago, notme said:

e first of these amendments clearly states that expression of opinion shall not be restricted. 

Also, that's irrelevant. Someone else doing it doesn't make it right. 

I agree, but again free speech doesn't mean hate speech. Which is why I also said that we don't know the agenda of ahlul bayt TV. People think that they're a muslim site, but they promote and support ex-converts. It makes you wonder what sinister things are lurking behind the scenes if they are unwilling to put the wellbeing of Muslims first.

• Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Guest Window said:

Look, we gotta also acknowledge that many Muslim countries ban and block sites left and right for no real reason.

Here the talk is about Iran.

Iran has not done any media censorship, they only do it when riots happen.

Social media is banned, yes. But they are banned because they always become the ground source of any regime change propaganda and create a hell lot of problems over there. Please try to have a look into the map of US bases around Iran. It is a country with extremely dirty rivals which are many in number and too powerful to get in from any backdoor.

And they don't straight up close the websites of other countries. That is some other level of censorship which is unprecedented in History.

2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Here the talk is about Iran.

Iran has not done any media censorship, they only do it when riots happen.

Not just in iran. Other muslim countries too. But yes, iran does block a lot of sites. 

You're not stating the whole truth. It goes up during riots, but blocked sites have always been a thing.

2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Social media is banned, yes. But they are banned because they always become the ground source of any regime change propaganda and create a hell lot of problems over there. Please try to have a

Like I said, even sites with online video games like club penguin were blocked and had to be accessed via VPN. Even sites like PBS Kids, Barbie Fairy land, (whatever it was called) and Webkinz were blocked. How are these kids sites a source for propaganda? You cant even chat on there. All you do in those games is dress your penguin/pet/fairy, earn in game money to buy snowboards/surfboards, and new houses, visit your friends houses, and make pizza. You can't tell me that only social media that was blocked. 

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Guest Window said:

Like I said, even sites with online video games like club penguin were blocked and had to be accessed via VPN. Even sites like PBS Kids, Barbie Fairy land, (whatever it was called) and Webkinz were blocked. How are these kids sites a source for propaganda? You cant even chat on there. All you do in those games is dress your penguin/pet/fairy, earn in game money to buy snowboards/surfboards, and new houses, visit your friends houses, and make pizza. You can't tell me that only social media that was blocked

Can you share the sources?

Though, the thread is about a whole new level of censorship. The websites are not blocked, they are removed.

But still.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Guest Window said:

Like I said, even sites with online video games like club penguin were blocked and had to be accessed via VPN. Even sites like PBS Kids, Barbie Fairy land, (whatever it was called) and Webkinz were blocked. How are these kids sites a source for propaganda? You cant even chat on there. All you do in those games is dress your penguin/pet/fairy, earn in game money to buy snowboards/surfboards, and new houses, visit your friends houses, and make pizza. You can't tell me that only social media that was blocked. 

Salam at firsr glance such sites for kids maybe look like harmless & funny but on the other hand  these sites likewise " Barbie Fairy land, (whatever it was called)" are most powerful tools for spreading LGBT teaching & programming subliminal of children for normalization & acceptance of such things likewise gay marriage & LGBT & immature love of children  under guise of "  visit your friends houses, and make pizza. " which  these sites are spreading that falling in love with same gender & having hetrosexual thoughts likewise dressing clothes and using particular staff  of opposite genders   under guise of  " dress your penguin/pet/fairy, earn in game money to buy snowboards/surfboards, and new houses" & etc through so called online video games for kids however I don't deny heavy censorship of social media by double standards likewise allowing full access to Instagram which is fullof inapprociate contents while on the other hand heavy censorship of Twitter which is still based on texting while majority of Iranian politicians by using censore free static IP addresses & other Iranian people   by using vpn are surfing in blocked sites which supporters of Iran from any group are in middle of unfair war with cyber armies of KSA & UAE &MKO terrorists while anti Iran groups have full access to any social media but in contrast supporters of Iran must fight with heavy censorship in one side & in other side with laggy VPNs .

• Advanced Member
On 6/29/2021 at 6:23 AM, Guest Window said:

Hate speech isn't simply disagreeing with someone on politics

That's what "Hate Speech" is going to mutate and become though; watch, within the next 5 years, criticizing the democrat party in America will be considered "Hate Speech" as Nancy Pelosi has already primed the pump by referring to the Republican party's policy proposals as "hate". What policy might you ask? My home state banning MEN from competing in women's sports. This is considered "hate" now because the democrat party has chosen to go all-in on radical social experiments.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

however I don't deny heavy censorship of social media by double standards likewise allowing full access to Instagram which is fullof inapprociate contents while on the other hand heavy censorship of Twitter which is still based on texting while majority of Iranian politicians by using censore free static IP addresses & other Iranian people   by using vpn are surfing in blocked sites which supporters of Iran from any group are in middle of unfair war with cyber armies of KSA & UAE &MKO terrorists while anti Iran groups have full access to any social media but in contrast supporters of Iran must fight with heavy censorship in one side & in other side with laggy VPNs .

I remember in India once a court or any judicial authority I guess, gave a suggestion to legalize betting and gambling. The argument was that :

If we will ban, it won't stop people from getting into it. So, instead we should legalize this and monitor and control it so that we can atleast set the boundaries and limitations of this.

Don't know what happened to that. But likewise, Iran should not censor social media but rather it should set up strict regulations on it so that they can use it for the betterment of the public and avoid the bad effects. Media censoring forces a person to search for other (illegal) ways.  Once a person goes out of law, only he can limit himself. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

most powerful tools for spreading LGBT teaching & programming subliminal of children for normalization & acceptance of such things likewise gay marriage & LGBT & immature love of children  under guise of "  visit your friends houses, and make pizza. " which  these sites are spreading that falling in love with same gender & having hetrosexual thoughts likewise dressing clothes and using particular staff  of opposite genders   under guise of  " dress your penguin/pet/fairy, earn in game money to buy snowboards/surfboards, and new houses" & etc through so called online video games for kids

Speaking of which, I've been IP banned from Reddit for "repeatedly violating site policy". What site policy?

Stating that in Islam, homosexuality is a sin and that men and women are different from one another and thus, have different rights and responsibilities under Islamic law. A question was asked on a religion subreddit about what Islam believes regarding these fashionable, hot button issues. I answered what my understanding of Islam's take on homosexuality and LGBT is, along with what Islam teaches about men and women. So they banned my IP. Not my account, my IP address so I can't make any different accounts and go back on.

Keep social media out of Islamic countries. Better yet, Islamic countries should make their own social media networks that will enforce modesty standards for men and women and not allow LGBT propagandizing to take place, because social media indoctrination is, as Ash said, a most powerful tool for spreading this reprobate teaching and programming of children. Social media pressure is how LGBT recruit their next generation since they cannot produce children.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:51 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

whatever it was called)" are most powerful tools for spreading LGBT teaching & programming subliminal of children for normalization & acceptance of such things likewise gay marriage & LGBT & immature love of children  under guise of "  visit your friends houses, and make pizza. " which  these sites are spreading that falling in love with same gender &

Please don't spread conspiracy theories. If some misuse a platform for its unintended reasons, then that's an individual problem. What next? Are you going to claim that malls that have large sections of clothing (that separate men and women clothes) are promoting transgender-ism because a woman can walk over to the men's clothing section upstairs? Do you not see how ridiculous this sounds? Next you're going to claim that boys shouldn't play with action figures and girls shouldn't play with dolls because you can get clothes sold seperately. I can tell you have never played on these kids sites because you would know that the chats are moderated and chats are only chosen from a narrow range of "hello!" And "love your house" "let's go to the pizza parlor" 

• Veteran Member
On 6/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, Abu Hadi said:

I also think that people, both inside and outside the US are sick and tired of giving over so much power and so much of their lives to these two platforms. They are looking for alternatives, and I am hoping in the future the world of social media will be a more diverse place. 

The people are to blame. We complain about governments and the powerful as much as we want, but the people have enough power to make a change. Unfortunately the people are not smart enough to do that. Think about the fact that tabloids sell more than the more serious newspapers. The people are easily misguided, confused & duped. They don't seek knowledge - and when they do they very quickly give allegiance to certain ideas. And they are unwilling to seriously consider different ideas.

These people would overthrow one bad regime and replace it with another bad one. 

• Veteran Member
On 6/27/2021 at 10:46 PM, notme said:

Do you know any designers and coders? It isn't difficult to create, as I understand it. I've never tried and I'd have to start from near-zero computer experience. But if a social site is grown slowly and consistently, it could become quite large and even necessary before any of the Big-C knew what was happening. I've got concerns about fragmentation of society by ourselves dividing into cliques, but I'm sure it could be done in a way that exposes users to a diversity of ideas and stimulated creative and critical thinking, rather than creating the deadly social media bubbles. Maybe something could be developed which matches up users for interaction not with their selected people who share their opinions, but with people whose opinions and values are different from their own.

Why would they visit this site? They don't want to move away from their bubbles. In fact most didn't seek to be in bubbles, but they inadvertently ended up in them though inaction. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Why would they visit this site? They don't want to move away from their bubbles. In fact most didn't seek to be in bubbles, but they inadvertently ended up in them though inaction. 

Right. One must consciously fight the tendency toward avoiding conflicting options and only listening to those whose ideas are the same as our own. 

But if the point is to grow slowly so that the Big-C don't interfere, it's not an obstacle. 

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, notme said:

Right. One must consciously fight the tendency toward avoiding conflicting options and only listening to those whose ideas are the same as our own. 

But if the point is to grow slowly so that the Big-C don't interfere, it's not an obstacle. 

But the question is how? If the people are not willing to use search engines to find information or to even search for education videos on Youtube, then how can you expect them to join a social media site where they will be greeted with opinions that makes them feel uncomfortable? If such a site did exist then it would have a lot of misguided, click bait and simplistic ideas dominating it. You have seen how some of our friends on this site fell for half researched conspiracy theories over the last year. 

I believe what we need is leaders that will lead the way and encourage people to improve themselves and thus society. This was the purpose of the prophets {s}. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

I believe what we need is leaders that will lead the way and encourage people to improve themselves and thus society. This was the purpose of the prophets {s}. 

I have a deeply entrenched distrust of "leaders", but I think you are probably right. 

But the people who seek and persist in public leadership roles are from among the worst in society. How do we bring about the cultural charges necessary to cultivate introspective and intelligent leaders? It's sort of a chicken and egg situation. 

Also worth noting - search engines give curated results based on the user's location, demographic groups, and recorded interests. Even without malicious intent - which we can't be certain - the results feed preconceived ideas and perpetuate the bubble effect. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

These people would overthrow one bad regime and replace it with another bad one. 

They/we know this. That's why they don't do anything.