Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Divorce

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Bismillah ir Arahman ir Rahim

Salamu Alaikum!

Does anyone know of any good articles I can look at for Islamic Divorce? I need some good resources soon before I make this decision. Any help would be much appreciated. Or links to a scholar that can speak or read in English. 

Shukran. 

Salamu Alaikum!

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

Salam. Do u have a specific question or are u just looking for general advice

I think general advice for now would be good. Although I know my situation is extremely specific I can aim for that later. 

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, MuslimahAK said:

Bismillah ir Arahman ir Rahim

Salamu Alaikum!

Does anyone know of any good articles I can look at for Islamic Divorce? I need some good resources soon before I make this decision. Any help would be much appreciated. Or links to a scholar that can speak or read in English. 

Shukran. 

Salamu Alaikum!

Wa alaikum as salaam. 

Insha'Allah this article shall turnout to be helpful for you,

http://hubeali.com/articles/Divorce_Talaaq.pdf

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MuslimahAK said:

I think general advice for now would be good. Although I know my situation is extremely specific I can aim for that later. 

The general position is that it is extremely disliked. There are narrations saying that it is the most disiked action by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) among the permissible acts.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

The general position is that it is extremely disliked. There are narrations saying that it is the most disiked action by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) among the permissible acts.

I am quite aware that it is disliked. There are reasons why I find it extremely necessary and want to do the proper research. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Here are some general articles

https://www.al-islam.org/introduction-rights-and-duties-women-islam-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/divorce-islam

https://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-divorce

Like the others have said, Divorce should be considered only as a last option for marital problems. The vast majority of marital problems can be solved without divorce. At the same time, Islam does recognize there are certain circumstances where divorce is unavoidable, so it is allowed. My advice would be to familarize yourself with the general Islamic philosophy of divorce and the hukm (legal rulings) to see if your situation is, in fact, one of those situations where divorce is permissible. Also, you should talk to someone, an alim or trusted family members would be preferable, before you make any decisions. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Here are some general articles

https://www.al-islam.org/introduction-rights-and-duties-women-islam-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/divorce-islam

https://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-divorce

Like the others have said, Divorce should be considered only as a last option for marital problems. The vast majority of marital problems can be solved without divorce. At the same time, Islam does recognize there are certain circumstances where divorce is unavoidable, so it is allowed. My advice would be to familarize yourself with the general Islamic philosophy of divorce and the hukm (legal rulings) to see if your situation is, in fact, one of those situations where divorce is permissible. Also, you should talk to someone, an alim or trusted family members would be preferable, before you make any decisions. 

My family is non-Muslim. I have talked about it. They agree that it is very necessary and has been for quite some time. And I am not in contact with any alim at the moment. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, MuslimahAK said:

My family is non-Muslim. I have talked about it. They agree that it is very necessary and has been for quite some time. And I am not in contact with any alim at the moment. 

If you want to share the area where you live (doesn't have to be the specific city / town) maybe someone here can recommend a local scholar that you can talk to. 

• Moderators

Would you be willing to discuss your situation with a Sheik Virtually, like over Skype or Zoom. It would be difficult to find someone where you live. I wasn't sure if there were any Muslims that lived in Alaska. Now I know there are, Alhamduillah. 

• Advanced Member
On 6/23/2021 at 5:25 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I wasn't sure if there were any Muslims that lived in Alaska. Now I know there are, Alhamduillah. 

Salam

On 6/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, MuslimahAK said:

Alaska.