Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What does Associate partners mean? join or make equal?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

As far as I can understand, because I'm reading an English translation too, is that both of these things are the same thing, and it's so grave a sin that it's sort of reiterated in both ways. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is one, the only God that exists and He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has no partners nor equals. There is nothing else in existence that is like Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the point at which everything began and continues to exist. He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) never began, nor will He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) end and because of this, doing what the Christians do and joining Jesus (عليه السلام) and the Holy Spirit together with Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to make three Gods instead on a single, indivisible God with no partners nor equals is a very terrible thing indeed and it's punishments are severe.

Edited by Abdul-Hadi

• Advanced Member
On 6/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, Abdul-Hadi said:

As far as I can understand, because I'm reading an English translation too, is that both of these things are the same thing, and it's so grave a sin that it's sort of reiterated in both ways. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is one, the only God that exists and He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has no partners nor equals. There is nothing else in existence that is like Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the point at which everything began and continues to exist. He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) never began, nor will He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) end

Abdul-Hadi you are right here - a great discription of God.  All Christians will accept that too.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, Abdul-Hadi said:

doing what the Christians do and joining Jesus (عليه السلام) and the Holy Spirit together with Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to make three Gods

Where does this come from?  As a follower of Jesus the Messiah, reflecting orthodox Christian teaching, I DO NOT believe and never have nor never will believe in three gods.

Yes associating something or worshiping something alongside the one God is rejected by Moses, Jesus the Messiah and the other prophets.  we are called to love the LORD our God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind.  What a challenge!  I rejoice that God has opened a way for me to journey on this road and lives inside me to transform my heart.