Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Death

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
On 7/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, Shahrukh K said:

You believe so because you have never questioned your belief that you are the body which, obviously, is born and dies. While alive, it attracts attention and fascinates so completely that rarely does one perceive one's real nature. It is like seeing the surface of the ocean and completely forgetting the immensity beneath. The world is but the surface of the mind and the mind is infinite. What we call thoughts are just ripples in the mind. When the mind is quiet it reflects reality. When it is motionless through and through, it dissolves and only reality remains. This reality is so concrete, so actual, so much more tangible than mind and matter, that this overwhelming actuality makes the world dreamlike, misty, irrelevant.

I'm sorry I don't see where you are going?  This description of "life" makes existence meaningless.  Why live?

I follow Jesus the Messiah and the very existence of Jesus as a historical person who lived and engaged with our material world is really important.  Why?  Jesus the Messiah is affirmed as Immanuel - Holy Injil Matthew 1:23

‘The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel’ (which means ‘God with us’).

Jesus the Messiah is God among us engaging with reality.  He took on flesh and blood - physical matter.  God in this amazing, mind blowing action, confirmed the reality and the value of the material and physical world.  Showing by his example that life matters.  We see God caring for others and engaging with them in their struggles and joys.

I have found that knowing God through Jesus the Messiah gives meaning to life, confidence that reality is worth engaging with, impetus to reach out in love and understanding to others and confidence to face death with hope and assurance.

• Advanced Member

@Ashvazdanghe Thanks for this information about the sura 108.  I looked it up in Tafsir of Ibn Kathir

https://www.alim.org/quran/tafsir/ibn-kathir/surah/108/1

Acording to the Tafsir Kawthar seems to mean abundence and abandant goodness and it is a flowing river

"it is a river that my Lord, the Mighty and Majestic, has promised me and it has abundant goodness"

Also it is a pond where belivers drink

"a pond where my Ummah will be brought to on the Day of Judgement"

Jesus the Messiah promises flowing water that quenches all thirst flowing into the lives of those who come to him.  See Holy Injil John chapter 7

37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.’ 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

This is my present experience today.  Not just for someone special nor something to be waited for on judgment day.  It is God's gift to me.  The Living Sprit of God meeting my needs and flowing out to others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, Shahrukh K said:

You believe so because you have never questioned your belief that you are the body which, obviously, is born and dies. While alive, it attracts attention and fascinates so completely that rarely does one perceive one's real nature. It is like seeing the surface of the ocean and completely forgetting the immensity beneath. The world is but the surface of the mind and the mind is infinite. What we call thoughts are just ripples in the mind. When the mind is quiet it reflects reality. When it is motionless through and through, it dissolves and only reality remains. This reality is so concrete, so actual, so much more tangible than mind and matter, that this overwhelming actuality makes the world dreamlike, misty, irrelevant.

I've read this a number of times and spent a while thinking about it - hence the slow response.  Maybe you were thinking that I wasn't real; just a ripple on your imagination!

I'm sorry I just don't relate to your explanation of "existence" if that is what you are trying to describe.

I wonder if you have ever had an encounter with the living creator God?  An encounter which is so real and life changing that it is undeniable.  An encounter which transforms the way you look at other people and yourself.  When a person encounters God in this way, empty philosophical wonderings give way to a sure and certain life with an aim and meaning giving value to yourself and to others.

Jesus the Messiah said "if you follow my words and teaching and put them into practice your life will be built on a rock" - something certain and unmoveable.  Throughout the previous prophets God is described as The Rock.  Certain and sure.  Building on this rock makes the world solid, relevant and something to engage with in order to make a difference for God and the good of other people.

• Advanced Member
On 7/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

Body made you believe yourself to be what you are not. What is it, and can you be free of it? Before you go further you must accept, at least as a working theory, that you are not what you appear to be, that you are under the influence of  satan. Then only will you have the urge and the patience to examine the symptoms and search for their common cause. All that a Prophet can tell you is: "My dear, you are quite mistaken about yourself. You are not the person you think yourself to be. Trust nobody, not even yourself. Search, find out, remove and reject every assumption till you reach the living waters and the rock of truth". 
Until you are free of the illusion, all your religions and sciences, prayers and devotion are of no use to you, for based on a mistake, they strengthen it. But if you stay with the idea that you are not the body nor the mind, but altogether beyond, your mind will grow in clarity, your desires -- in purity, your actions -- in charity and that inner distillation will take you to another world, a world of truth and fearless love. Resist your old habits of feeling and thinking; keep on telling yourself: No, not so, it cannot be so; I am not like this, I do not need it, I do not want it‟, and a day will surely come when the entire structure of error and despair will collapse and the ground will be free for a new life. After all, you must remember, that all your preoccupations with yourself are only in your waking hours and partly in your dreams; in sleep all is put aside and forgotten. It shows how little important is your waking life, even to yourself, that merely lying down and closing the eyes can end it. Each time you go to sleep you do so without the least certainty of waking up and yet you accept the risk

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, Shahrukh K said:

What dies with death You, body or Nafs ?

When the parents notices that his child is having tumor in his body and he fears about it and is so concern and goes to doctor to check it. Do the parents fear about his child physical body or the separation of the soul from the body? This soul is what chooses, experiences, learn, act, ascend or descend. 

Edited by Abu Nur

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, Shahrukh K said:

Search, find out, remove and reject every assumption till you reach the living waters and the rock of truth". 

I believe I have found the Living Water and the Rock of Truth.

Have you found them?