Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Taqleed dilemma please help!

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I wrote about this a couple of days ago but didn’t get any response, so have decided to rephrase it into a few questions. My Marja is Ayatollah Haydari. He is currently under house arrest, which means for several months his office has been closed, content has been removed from his site and is no longer being updated and he has no contact with the outside world. There has been no indication when this situation will end. I have been using his Risalah that was published in English in 2015 and the few istefta up on his site in order to follow his rulings. However this has become increasingly difficult due to there being quite a few topics on which there are currently no rulings published and when a ruling in his Risalah is vague or I don’t understand it, I’m not able to ask for clarification. I have as a result been referring more and more to the rulings of others, particularly Ayatollah Fadlallah as I believe him to be the next most knowledgeable or as knowledgeable. 
I would in an ideal world continue taking Haydari’s taqleed but one of his conditions for deciding who to follow are “It is obligatory for a Mukallaf to follow (Taqlīd) the one who is the “most knowledgeable”, “most able” and “most competent”.  He defines the “most able“ like this: “When we say the “most able” person, we are referring to one that has the administrative ability to answer the questions and doubts of his followers (Muqalidīn) as well as constantly follow up on their affairs and circumstances.”  After reading this, I realised I can no longer consider him the “most able” due to the restrictions that are currently being placed on him, am I correct? So am I right in saying that I should change my taqleed to someone who is the closest to be as knowledgeable as Haydari, such as Fadlallah, who would be considered to be more “able” as all of his rulings are published and and he has a team of administrators who are keeping his website up to date and are available to respond to questions?
I know it is controversial to follow a deceased Marja but as Haydari is my current Marja and he permits it, (with conditions that I believe Fadlallah meets), am I right in saying this would be permissible for me? 

PS when I have posted here in the past I have not been able to respond to comments on the posts I have made. I write the comment and it says it is subject to approval and then it just disappears. Any way I can prevent this from happening? 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam and welcome to the forum. The nickname is an Iranian old movie that I saw and liked.

Anyway, could you please mention the source for the so-called house arrest?

As far as I know he was hopitalized a few months back and now is discharged by the hospital and he stays home.

Considering the epidemics, it is a necessary thing to do.

As for your question on your posts waiting for approval, it is also a necessary precaution on most forums, considering there are a large number of spam-bots out there posting web site links. Once you have a number of posts that are approved by the moderators, then you will become an advanced member. And your posts will be seen without a moderator approving them.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Basic Members

It has been widely known that he has been under house arrest for many months. Here are some links: 

https://www.alarabiya.net/amp/iran/2021/01/18/الحرس-الثوري-يفرض-اقامة-جبرية-على-الحيدري-تغريدة-تكشف

https://www.nabdalyemen.com/main/2021/01/18/الحرس-الثوري-يفرض-إقامة-جبرية-على-كمال/

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/ayatollah-breaks-with-conventions-triggering-criticism/30921756.html

My family in Iran have confirmed this and I have also been in contact with people who follow his work who have explained how serious his situation is. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Al-Arabiya is a UAE owned state propaganda TV. You don't expect us to believe Saudi-UAE websites that even claimed about blessed Ayatollah Panahian that he advocated spreading of covid in order for Imam Mahdi to emerge? These Saudi-UAE websites are pathetic.

Radio Farda is also an American sponsored anti-muslim anti-iran secular-Godless radio that aims to destroy Islamic governance and place another shah like secular puppet-king on the throne.

Nabdal Yemen is also another Saudi-UAE website that promotes Saudi-American invasion on Yemen.

So, I am guessing the MADHAB card on the table is not working anymore against the Islamic Republic. Now, they are trying to use the RACE card.

It is silly these websites are not racists against American invaders. Don't you think?

I learnt not to trust any anti-Iran "news" of the American and Saudi-UAE-Turkish media.

I remember the news of an Iranian woman who was hanged after her trials that ruled she committed a premeditated murder (she stabbed a man in his back).

Saudi "news" websites and facebook posts claimed that she was hanged by the 'Iranian Shia Regime' because she was sunni.

Turkish secular "news" websites and facebook posts claimed that she was hanged by the 'Iranian Sharia Regime' because she killed him in self-defence (while defending herself against rape).

Kurdish "news" websites and facebook posts claimed that she was hanged because she was Kurdish.

However, then emerged evidence, her friends mentioned she bought a knife a day before the murder and went to his office to kill him. (She killed him, because he dumped her. Because he did not renew the marriage).

So, you see the enemy is using all means to portray Iranian Government and people evil. They want to stop spreading of the concept of wilayat al faqih and the idea of United Islamic Republics. They use race card, madhab card. They try to distort any news out there.

I even remember Turkish Media claiming that an Iranian man was jailed because he looked like a western footballer! That's how they portray Iran and Islamic Sharia in Turkey! They aim to frighten the secular people of Sharia. And they try to give a bad image of Iran and Shia Islam to religious Turks. But later, the man spoke and said that people wanted to take selfies with him and there was a congestion in the streets, so the officers saved him from stampede and left him in the neighbourhood somewhere.

So, you see, the media istrying to portray Iranian Government and People in the worst way you can imagine. It is because they are afraid, that the Wilayat al Faqih idea might spread and more people and nations join the Resistance Axis.

So, again, I don't trust any "news" out there against the Islamic Republic.

Especially not about someone who defends Wilayat al Faqih al MOTLAQ (Absolute Rule of the Guardianship of the Jurist). That supposedly he is arrested.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Basic Members

I mean you can choose to believe what you want and I understand you might be paranoid about non Iranian news sources. But what about the tweet I posted from Sayid Hassan Mousavi who has been campaigning for his release, as have other clerics? Here are three different videos of campaigners talking about his detention: 

Like I said my family in Tehran have confirmed he has been arrested and his office has been shut down and I have also been in contact with people who have studied under him who have explained his situation. The video you posted is very old, more recently he has been more critical of the Velayat e Faqih system, he also got in trouble for speaking out about Shia scholars takfiring Sunnis behind closed doors and embarking on an in depth academic study examining the concept of hijab. 
He has ruffled feathers for many years and now it appears he has been finally clamped down on, like what has happened to Hassan al Maliki in Saudi Arabia for his support of the Shias. I’m an Iranian who supports the Republic not an anti-regime pro-Us pro-Saudi stooge. I understand the complexity of the situation that Iran is in geopolitically and have always supported most of its actions, particularly in terms of foreign policy. What I do not support is authorities in Qom shutting down any reformist or modernist scholarly voices, this goes against  the rationality and the concept of Ijtihad that the Shia school of thought itself is founded upon. I wish that they took their cues from Najaf where this does not happen. This is not the first time, in Iran many Ayatollahs have been placed under house arrest over the years. Please do some research, if you do not believe me. 

(Also just as an aside I really like Alireza Panahian and regularly watch his lectures, but he is not an Ayatollah, he is a Hojatoleslam.) 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

You say house arrest, with no source other than American-Saudi websites and call me paranoid?

And you say house arrest and show a video of the Syed with photoshopped prison bars pictures? The audios of a few people with photoshopped pictures and movie scenes? Pathetic work by the enemy. And you share the works of enemy with us? It is clear that even if there is a so-called arrest, these guys are trying to portray it worse. And though they live in Saudi-UAE-Bahrain they question the freedom of speech in Iran. They do not speak against the oppression on Ayatollah Nimr, Ayatollah Isa Qassim, Sheikh Zakzaki. This tells a lot about their true aim and you share their "objective" views here. Interesting indeed.

It is true that Hawza Ilmiya (Islamic Seminaries) in Qum is strict against some self proclaimed Ayatollahs like the few Shirazis. And it is a necessary thing to do considering that the British Shiism (the akhbari group supported by the MI6) want to create a sectarian rift. And not just Ayatollah Haydari, every other Ayatollahs in Iran and Iraq condemn this British Shiism.

So, as I said, it is not paranoia when I say, the enemy wants to distort every news out there. And I won't trust any "news" from the enemies websites. (See Quran, 49:6)

Now you claim that he is not liked by Qum because he is against the takfir of Sunnis. However, all the Ayatollahs in Qum and the Islamic Republic (Wilayat al Faqih) considers sunnis as brethren and calls for Islamic Unity and helps Palestine, Lebanon and all other sunni nations. The only group in Iran that does takfir on sunnis and is against Islamic Unity is the Akhbari Shirazi Gang and they are the ones that are under house arrest. But you claim Ayatollah Haydari is under house arrest because of his pro-unity vision. Interesting indeed. The British Shiism (Shirazi, Allahyari, and others) criticizes Iran for its support for sunnis and for arresting extremish-ghulat akhbaris. While you claim Iran has arrested an Ayatollah for his support of sunnis. Which one of you says the truth? None.

So, this is no paranoia. It is the fact. I won't believe in anything about the so-called arrest of the Ayatollah Haydari and the so-called reasons for the "arrest" unless you show me an Iranian state media mentioning it.

Iran and Iraq became allies and there are Islamic Resistance groups (Hashd, Hizbullah) in Iraq now. And the Iraqi sunnis-shiites in general have good relations with Iran. But now, the enemy being not able to use the sectarianism card there against Iran, wants to use the racism card. And it should be questioned. Why are they not Arab Nationalist against the Turks and Americans (NATO) that invaded northern Iraq? But they are nationalist against Iran that helped them remove DAESH? So, again, they are trying to use the racism card but it will not work.

Hadiths tell us that Khorasani will emerge from Qum and most Iraqis will join them and they will conquer Qods. Of course there will always be nationalists that won't like Iranians, however, they will accept the truth in the end.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says; "It is like I see right in front of my eyes that Iranians are setting up tents in Kufa and teaching Quran to the people as it was revealed." (See Al-Ghaibah by Nomani, 318/5)

In the same source 319/6 , Imam Jafar Sadiq (عليه السلام) says "I wonder how you shall be when the people of Qaim Imam Mahdi (Persians) will set up tents in the Masjid al Kufa and bring something new that is hard/offending for Arabs."

p.s. Thanks for correcting the title of Agha Panahian. I hope he becomes an Ayatollah soon. I love his talks and the talks of Hojjatol Islam Naser Rafeei as well. I watch their videos subtitled in Turkish.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Basic Members

I am not sure this discussion is going to go anywhere. If you don’t understand why the Sayed’s arrest would not be publicised in Iranian State media, then you don’t have a very good grasp of Iranian politics or the different schools of thought in Qom. It is not only the Shirazis who have been placed under house arrest, it is most often reformists, with Ayatollah Montazeri being a classic example. Sayed Haydari is of course completely opposed to the Shirazis and Akhbaris and is staunchly anti-sectarian and pluralistic in his theological views. The reason he has been arrested is not because he is pro-unity himself but because he gave a very public interview with an Iraqi news channel where he outed other Maraji who claim to be pro Islamic Unity in public and made it clear that they actually takfir Sunnis behind closed doors. You are right that this goes completely against the image that Ayatollah Khamanei and others have tried to cultivate about Shia clerics and authorities in Iran, which is why they have silenced Haydari, as his remarks deeply embarrassed them on an international stage. This was the primary reason for his detention but his questioning of Velayat e Faqih and mandatory hijab hasn’t helped matters. 
Like I said I love my country and support the Republic (I am so proud that we are the only Islamic country who support the Palestinian people and that we drove ISIS out of Iraq), but I also love the truth. Life isn’t black and white, every government does good and bad things. You clearly have a lot of love and respect for the Islamic Republic despite not being Iranian yourself, which is wonderful but don’t let it completely blind you to its faults. It is not infallible, only the government that Imam Mahdi will establish will be, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten his return. 

• Advanced Member
On 6/20/2021 at 2:11 AM, islamicmusic said:

aims to destroy Islamic governance and place another shah like secular puppet-king on the throne.

I'll probably be put on a list by the US government for this comment (Who am I kidding? I'm already on a list for posting on Shiachat probably!) but if another puppet Shah was ever put back in power in Iran, I'd cry. I've never been to Iran but I've had a very weird relationship to the country ever since I went to high school with a girl from Tehran named Massomeh who told me the truth about Iran when my English teacher was giving us the American Public School propaganda speech about Iran in the aftermath of 9/11 (which Iran had nothing to do with, and that Islam probably had nothing to actually do with either but that's a whole different conspiracy thread).

When I realized that the American government hates Iran more than any other country in the world for throwing out the CIA in 1979 CE, It made me look up to them... because I hate the CIA and I hate what they do across the globe on behalf of the multinational businesses that have long since bought and paid for the Congress, the presidency, and have the SCOTUS in their back pockets. The same top 1/10th of 1% that threw working class, average Americans like me overboard 40 years ago and now essentially sees us as mere "cogs in the machine" to be manipulated into working ourselves to death in order to keep consuming while the precious things that money can't buy are destroyed by American liberalism: Religion, family, community, etc. If I could speak the language and had some sort of an in-demand skill, I would leave America as soon as my probation was done and move to Iran so that I could be in an Islamic environment and who knows, maybe even get married and have a few children. I could be happy living in the Islamic Republic where I know that my values are taken seriously and not out to be destroyed by advertising executives and major consumer industry. My god is neither sex nor a dollar sign, and that's why I don't fit in in America anymore.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, lol.

• Advanced Member
On 6/19/2021 at 6:21 AM, Khaneh-yeDoostKojast said:

My Marja is Ayatollah Haydari. He is currently under house arrest, which means for several months his office has been closed, content has been removed from his site and is no longer being updated and he has no contact with the outside world.

Salam the claim of house arrest is just a rumor  & batalant lie however he had serious illness which due that he went under a heavy surgery which his doctors advised him a long time recovery in house which arabic video after his surgery released in Iraqi channels which non of them have reffered to rumors about house arrest which because his surgery has done in Tehran & due to recovery & advising him for doing any hardwork his connection with his followers weakened  which anti shia groups has spread rumors about his house arresst because before his surgery he was under pressure by some scholars from Qom about his last talks about sunnis which leads to worsening  his health condition  & needing to long time recovery & avoiding  any conflits which leads to spreading  rumors about his home arresst.

Improving the physical condition of Ayatollah Heydari
In the name of God
 Hereby, the office of Ayatollah Seyyed Kamal Heydari expresses its appreciation and gratitude to all the believers and enthusiasts who have recently inquired about his health condition, and informs him that he has been released from the hospital with the blessings of his loved ones, and the treatment process. And he will spend his recovery period in Tehran, and God willing, he will resume his  discussions and lessons after full recovery.
We ask God Almighty for the health of the Muslim Ummah and all the people.
Office of Ayatollah Seyyed Kamal Heydari

2020/10/22

بهبودی وضعیت جسمانی آیت الله حیدری
بسمه تعالى بدينوسيله دفتر حضرت آيت الله سيد كمال حيدرى مراتب تقدير و تشكر خود را از كليه مؤمنين و علاقمندان كه در مدت اخير جوياى وضعيت سلامت ايشان بوده اند، ابراز داشته و به اطلاع می‌رساند ایشان با دعاى خير عزيزان از بيمارستان مرخص شده، و مراحل درمان و دوره نقاهت و بهبودی خود را در تهران سپری می‌نمایند، و ان‌شاءالله با حصول بهبودی کامل، مباحث و دروس خود را از سر خواهند گرفت.
از خداوند متعال برای امت اسلام و همه مردم، سلامتی مسألت می‌نماییم.
دفتر آیت الله سید کمال حیدری

http://alhaydari.com/fa/2020/10/9745/

http://alhaydari.com/en/2020/10/13/ayatollah-al-haydaris-general-health-condition-is-good/

Contact us
 No. 359, Alley 12, Somayeh Ave 
 00982537834289 - 00982537740180 
 08:00 – 14:00 Tehran local time 

Ayatollah al-Haydari’s general health condition is good
It is to inform all believers and followers of Ayatollah al-Haydari, that after the successful operation, Ayatollah al-Haydari’s general health condition is good. Let’s pray and ask for the healing of all the patients from Allah.

http://alhaydari.com/en/2020/10/13/ayatollah-al-haydaris-general-health-condition-is-good/

According to the International Service of Hawza News Agency, following the words of Mr. Kamal Heydari, Hojjatoleslam and Muslims, Seyyed Munir Khabaz announced the opinion of Ayatollah Sistani about the esoteric infidelity of the followers of other Islamic religions.

In a video released by this seminary genius, he stated: The great authority of the Twelver Shiites [the twelver Imami] has a fatwa in this regard that I received today from Najaf Ashraf; He says: "Non-Twelver Muslims [the Twelver Imamis] are Muslims in appearance and in reality. Not just outwardly Muslims. Therefore, their acts of worship, such as prayer, fasting and Hajj, are true and obligatory if they are in accordance with the conditions."

He added that this opinion is not specific to Ayatollah Sistani, but his teacher Ayatollah Boroujerdi also had such an opinion.

Hojjat al-Islam wal-Muslimin Khabaz added: "So the statement that" there is no Shiite scholar at all that has not issued a fatwa on the esoteric infidelity of all Muslims "is not correct.

Hawza News Agency, in contact with the office of Ayatollah Sistani, inquired about the validity of this fatwa, which was approved.

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/924255/فتوای-آیت-الله-سیستانی-درباره-ادعای-تکفیر-مطرح-شده-توسط-آقای (contains Arabic video of Seyyed Munir Khabaz about statement  of Seyed Kamal Heidari about Sunnis & Fatwa of grand Ayatollah  sistani about  statement  of seyed Kamal Heidari about Sunnis)

Bringing down the signboard of Seyed Kamal Heydari's office?
October  26, 2020 One minute study time
Abstract of the theological views of Ayatollah Seyed Kamal Heydari
Yasser Mirdamadi, a religious researcher living abroad who studied seminary sciences in Iran, wrote in a tweet:

According to informed sources, the signboard of Ayatollah Seyyed Kamal Heydari's office in Qom has been taken down. This apparently did not happen spontaneously and was done with the coordination of some people. The office's CCTV cameras are said to have been turned off before the signs were removed. This could be the first symbolic step in depriving Heydari of his religious authority.

In a similar example, Ayatollah Mohammad Yazdi had previously threatened that if Ayatollah Alavi Boroujerdi claims authority, Yazdi would personally bring down his office board. Heidari, who recently underwent surgery in Tehran, stayed in Tehran and returned to Qom.

This has fueled rumors that he has been taken into custody in Tehran. Although this does not seem to be true, there are other rumors that Heydari will no longer be allowed to hold a teaching position in Qom.

Postscript: About a week ago, Ayatollah Mohsen Araki in a statement said something close to the excommunication of Ayatollah Seyyed Kamal Heydari. Heidari had criticized the fact that Shiite jurists are Takfiri

http://www.ensafnews.com/265032/پایین-آوردن-تابلوی-دفتر-سیدکمال-حیدری/

• Advanced Member
On 6/20/2021 at 7:05 PM, Khaneh-yeDoostKojast said:

I am not sure this discussion is going to go anywhere. If you don’t understand why the Sayed’s arrest would not be publicised in Iranian State media, t

see above post about refuting  rumors about his house arresst in Iran.

Ayatollah Araki's explanation about his statement against Seyyed Kamal Heydari
Images / Ayatollah Araki visits the achievements of the Deputy Minister of Education
Al-Hawza / Ayatollah Mohsen Araki has discussed the purpose of issuing a statement against Seyyed Kamal Heydari.

According to Hozeh News Agency, Ayatollah Araki in an interview with Vatan-e-Amrooz newspaper, referring to his statement against Kamal Heydari, said: "They criticized me a lot, why did you write too harsh?" Why did you use such harsh expressions against Seyed Kamal Heydari? I accept that this statement was harsh, but I believe that such a statement was appropriate; Why? Because Seyyed Kamal Heydari in his statement had targeted the historical heritage of all Shiite scholars. In an interview with a foreign media outlet, Seyyed Kamal Heydari stated that you will not find any scholar in Shiism who has not ruled that all Muslims and Sunnis are infidels, even if they rule on esoteric infidelity. This means that all Shiite scholars consider the rest of the Muslims as infidels, and at least they do not even consider them as outward infidels, they consider them as infidels! OK! That was really an exaggeration. It destroys the great legacy of Islamic scholars who have worked to bring religions closer together. My criticism of other gentlemen is that if you say that this statement was harsh, why did you not issue a softer statement before? I really felt obligated. If others had entered before, I would not have entered, but I saw that a large number of Islamic scholars have been wronged. How can Mr. Seyyed Kamal Heydari unfairly said  all Shiite scholars are considered all sunnis  infidelswhile at the same time we have people like the Supreme Leader and Ayatollah Sistani who have those long interpretations of the Sunnis. Ayatollah Sistani had said in a commentary, "Do not tell the Sunnis our brothers, tell our souls." Say our souls are Sunnis. OK! How can one allow oneself to say in an interview with a foreign media outlet, despite an interpretation of this greatness and respect and a view of this beauty and unity, that all Shiite scholars believe in Sunni infidelity? How is this possible? Unless we have the fatwa of the Supreme Leader, who said that insulting the sanctities of the Sunnis is forbidden, and this includes any public or private gathering. At that time, in spite of these nobles in the present time, in addition to the scholars who have pursued the unity of the Islamic society in previous periods, I think that anyone who says this divisive word has committed a great injustice and that is why I issued that statement against them.

With the information I have, the statement I issued in Arabic extinguished the fire of sedition in the Arab communities. When we take action and comment, we must also consider the consequences. I really saw the consequences of this statement could cause sedition. We must not allow the enemy to find a pretext and fan the flames of sectarian strife. In any case, I felt obliged and I believe that this statement was appropriate and was able to prevent the destructive effects of this statement among the Muslim Ummah.

Link to Ayatollah Araki's statement and the video of Seyed Kamal Heydari's speech 

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/924092/رد-سخنان-آقای-سید-کمال-حیدری-در-تکفیر-مسلمانان-فیلم

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/925825/توضیح-آیت-الله-اراکی-درباره-بیانیه-خود-علیه-سید-کمال-حیدری

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/924092/رد-سخنان-آقای-سید-کمال-حیدری-در-تکفیر-مسلمانان-فیلم

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/925825/توضیح-آیت-الله-اراکی-درباره-بیانیه-خود-علیه-سید-کمال-حیدری

• Advanced Member

Ayatollah Montazeri being a classic example.

He was supporter of MEK terrorists which every real Iranian  hates this terrorist  group , by the same token , anyone who has supported this terrorist  group .

imary reason for his detention but his questioning of Velayat e Faqih and mandatory hijab hasn’t helped matters. 
Like I said I love my country and support the Republic (I am so proud that we are the only Islamic country who support the Palestinian people and that we drove ISIS out of Iraq), but I also love the truth. Life isn’t black and white, every government does good and bad things. You clearly have a lot of love and respect for the Islamic Republic despite not being Iranian yourself, which is wonderful but don’t let it completely blind you to its faults. It is not infallible, only the government that Imam Mahdi will establish will be, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten his return. 

you are hiding yourself  behind this words which your stament is slogan of green movement  as " No Qaza , No Lebanon , my soul sacrifises for Iran" and in similiar fashion "No to Islamic republic , Just Iranian republic" whit you hands in hands of MKO/MEK terrorists and rest of anti Iran & anti shia groups which now you are misusing Seyed Kamal Heidari for your anti Iran agenda in coherance with anti shia groups.

• Basic Members

Wow! Ok I don’t even know where to start! 

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

you are hiding yourself  behind this words which your stament is slogan of green movement  as " No Qaza , No Lebanon , my soul sacrifises for Iran" and in similiar fashion "No to Islamic republic , Just Iranian republic" whit you hands in hands of MKO/MEK terrorists and rest of anti Iran & anti shia groups which now you are misusing Seyed Kamal Heidari for your anti Iran agenda in coherance with anti shia groups

First of all, you have misread me very badly. I am not a Green Movement supporter, I am not a MEK/MKO supporter, like I said repeatedly I support the ISLAMIC Republic (not the Iranian Republic). I have never uttered such slogans because I fully support Iran’s foreign policy across the Middle East. I support Hezbollah, Hamas and the IRGC. None of my words indicate otherwise. I am a proud Iranian Shia to the bone. Your ridiculous ad hominem attempt to slander me bears no relation to anything I wrote. 

Next, none of the articles you posted prove that Ayatollah Haydari is not under house arrest. In fact they clearly back up the fact that his office has been closed and his practice has been stopped, due to some of the statements he has made. Like I said I have been in touch with people who have studied under him, who are clear that he is not permitted to leave his home and has been banned from having contact with the outside world. Why are clerics in Iraq campaigning for his release and asking that he be permitted to leave Iran and return there? Are they MEK/MKO supporters too? 

2 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

He was supporter of MEK terrorists which every real Iranian  hates this terrorist  group , by the same token , anyone who has supported this terrorist  group .

This is more slander and lies! Astaghfirullah! How can you say this about Ayatollah Montazeri when one of his own sons was martyred in an MEK bombing in 1981  and his other son was blinded while fighting for Iran during the Iran-Iraq war! Do you have no shame?! I didn’t agree with all of his views, but I do not backbite or tell lies about him. Who did you sacrifice in the battle against Saddam and the traitors who supported him? Any of your own flesh and blood? Because if the answer is no one, then he did more for his country than you could ever do! 

You are right, every patriotic Iranian loathes the MEK/MKO which is why you try to smear anybody who disagrees with you as a supporter of theirs. It is a pathetic tactic, and one which anyone who has any knowledge of Iran’s history and politics can see straight through. 

I do not know what has led your heart to harden to this extent, but I pray that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has mercy on you and broadens your chest so that you can see that backbiting and slandering is a grave sin. 

• Basic Members

All I did was post a really benign question asking for advice about taqlīd. I had no interest in having a political debate. Nobody has addressed my actual question and I have just been repeatedly attacked and smeared by people accusing me of views that I don’t hold in the least!  

• Advanced Member

We welcomed you to the forum and we addressed your first question that if you have any doubts in your mind about the fatawa of maraji, you can freely ask them in a proper manner and get your answers.

And we need to follow a marja unless we ourselves study for decades with them and have become a marja ourselves. And we need to choose the Marja we know is most knowledgeable. Not that we look for specific liberal ones or alike. I once met someone who said that he wants to eat lobster and was asking me which Marja allows it. lol. The search for the most knowledgeable is not like that. It is that you read their works and decide yourself.

And the tradition in following a deceased Marja is that for instance you follow Imam Khomeini and look up Tahrir al Wasilah for the matters. And about the questions that are not adressed in those books, you refer to his successor, Imam Khamenei. Same might apply in the case of Ayatollah Fadlallah. Just contact http://english.bayynat.org.lb website and ask them.

Secondly, since you know and have seen the amazing videos of Imam Khamenei visiting Christian families; Imam Khomeini sending roses to the Christian in France and etc. Or documentaries about Christians and Armenian and Asyrian Churches in the Islamic Republic of Iran, you can share them. You know that the Islamic Republic is not perfect/masoum, however it is the best system so far and is surely preparing the ground for the zuhour-emergence of Imam Mahdi. And since this is the case, we need to share the message of the Islamic Republic. See, just yesterday the American regime seized Al-MasirahTV, Al-Alam TV, Al-EtejahTV, AlForatTV, PressTV, AhlulBaytTV, etc. all Iranian, Iraqi, Yemeni Shiite Muslim TV Channels websites.

The enemy does not want the message of the Islamic Republic and Resistance Front (Iraqi Hashd, Lebanese Hizballah, Yemeni Ansarullah) spread. They only allow the TV channels of MI6 AKHBARIS. They want the world meet Akhbarism instead of mainstream Shia Islam. They want the world meet Wahhabism instead of mainstream Sunni Islam. They don't want the nations know facts about Iran and the Resistance Front. So, we need to share the many good things about the Islamic Republic and Resistance Front, we need to share the such sayings and quotes of Iranian, Iraqi, Yemeni etc. maraji so that people fall in love with them and wilayat al faqeeh. Yeah, the Iranian officials might be wrong let's say about the %2 of the issues, of course they are not infallible. But with the sincerity they have, their few wrongdoings also turn into blessings. If you study this book by Martyr Ayatollah Mutahhari https://www.kevseryayincilik.com/gaybi-yardimlar  (I don't know the Persian-English translation; "the Unseen Assistance" or something like that) you will know what I mean.

Again, you can follow Ayatollah Fadlallah and contact BAYYNAT website to ask your new questions.

• Forum Administrators
On 6/22/2021 at 7:05 AM, Khaneh-yeDoostKojast said:

Nobody has addressed my actual question and I have just been repeatedly attacked and smeared by people accusing me of views that I don’t hold in the least!  

Shias disagree on whether you can begin to follow a marja who has already passed away. See this topic for the full discussion:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235054029-am-i-allowed-to-follow-a-deceased-marja/