Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

FYI you can easily get a kheera over the phone by calling a mosque

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

What is a kheera and why would I want to get one over the phone?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

What is a kheera and why would I want to get one over the phone?

It's when you use the Quran to get advice on what you should do. You ask a question that can be answered with a yes/no/neutral/hard yes/hard no, then the scholar recites something and flips to a random page, on that page is a verse that is meant to give you guidance. Though it's not a magic eight ball, you can't use it to predict the winner of the superbowl or if your crush likes you, it's only for when you honestly don't know what step to take and want to know if doing X is a good idea. People often use them before marriages, and I believe in their authenticity because the verse is always dead accurate and relevant to the matter. If I ask about death, a verse about death will show, if I ask about money, a verse about wealth will come up. Somebody I know was looking to get married to an amazing person. You could not ask for a better person. He volunteered at a charity organization, he volunteered at a mosque, he taught kids in Islamic school, he supported his family financially, he ran the social media of a charity and worked at a mosque. Mr. Perfect. So a kheera was taken on him and to everybody's surprise, it came out bad, and said that this person was a liar (or a deceiver, I don't completely remember). The kheera was ignored, people questioned the ability of the taker and gave her crap, and things went forward as if it were all good.

Well guess what, they did turn out to be a massive massive liar. That stuff I listed was utter bull crap. The mother of the girl went to the girl to accept the proposal, the mother of the considered had no idea what was going on and had no clue about anything to do with a marriage and set some lies straight. Then after this the man started to stalk the girl and shamelessly asked for a mutah relationship. 

So say you're considering moving to Texas. You would ask "Is it a good idea if I moved to Texas?" then the scholar would go through the process and give you your answer. They're normally done in person but people should know that you can just call your mosque or a mosque and get one over the phone easily.

Edited by guest 2025

• Advanced Member

Thanks, this is completely new knowledge to me but I have had an instance like this before when I randomly opened my Quran to an ayah that was relevant about a question I was trying to find an answer for. It actually scared the living daylights out of me when it happened and I put the Quran down for a few months, but kept coming back to it as I worked through my fear relating to what had happened.

I just never knew that it was something that people actually did and certainly had no idea that it had a term as I thought it was something that only happened to me a few times. I would imagine that doing one in person is probably better than doing it over the phone though because then you can see it happen for yourself.

47 minutes ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

Thanks, this is completely new knowledge to me but I have had an instance like this before when I randomly opened my Quran to an ayah that was relevant about a question I was trying to find an answer for. It actually scared the living daylights out of me when it happened and I put the Quran down for a few months, but kept coming back to it as I worked through my fear relating to what had happened.

I just never knew that it was something that people actually did and certainly had no idea that it had a term as I thought it was something that only happened to me a few times. I would imagine that doing one in person is probably better than doing it over the phone though because then you can see it happen for yourself.

What you went through is a special miracle where God made sure the message you needed to heard gets to you. The kheera is specifically for getting advice on an action you are considering doing. Like say you want to work with somebody but you can't shake the feeling that he's gonna backstab you, you would take a kheera.

You may want to do it over the phone if you don't have access to a pious scholar (the better the man the better the kheera), but of course in person is better.