Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Salah pronunciation

Rate this topic

Guest Batoul

Asalamualykum So I recently realized in ruku it’s subhana rabbiyal azeemi wa bihamdihi and I have been saying Subhana rabbiyal azeem wa bihamdihi I miss the i in azeemi is my salah wrong if I continue pronouncing it without the I cuz I think it doesn’t change the meaning 

• Advanced Member

Salam,

You can say azeem instead of azeemi, however, you should pause before saying wa bihamdih.

Ruling 990. The recommended precaution is that in prayers one should not stop on a letter that has a vowel, nor join a letter that has a sukūn. The meaning of stopping on a letter that has a vowel is that one pronounces the fatḥah, kasrah, or ḍammah of the last letter in a word and then pauses between that word and the next. For example, when he recites الرَّحْمٰـــنِ الرَّحِـيـمِ [arraḥmānir rahīm], he pronounces the kasrah of the letter mīm [م] in الرَّحِيمِ [arraḥīm, so that it is pronounced ‘arraḥīmi’] and then pauses briefly before reciting the next verse مٰلِكِ يَومِ الدِّينِ [māliki yawmid dīn]. And the meaning of joining a letter that has a sukūn is that one does not pronounce the fatḥah, kasrah, or ḍammah of the last letter in a word and then joins that word with the next; for example, when he recites الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ [arraḥmānir rahīm], he does not pronounce the kasrah of the letter mīm [م] in الرَّحِيمِ [arrahīm] and then immediately recites مٰلِكِ يَومِ الدِّينِ [māliki yawmid dīn].

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2222/