Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Zaydi - Twelver (Debate Challenge)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Pleaseeee I implore everyone who decides to partake in the debate to stick to the preconditions that will be laid out prior. I also hope that both sides present ahadith predominately in English so people from non-Arabic speaking backgrounds can benefit too. Both sides should also maintain respect towards one another (not saying you guys don’t, but sometimes things do get heated). Also remember that while we are fundamentally different in our respective creeds we are also bound by the wilaya of Imam Ali (عليه السلام). We all strive to be the Shia of Ali (عليه السلام) at the end of the day, so we (Twelvers and Zaidis) are NOT enemies!! 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Ali bin Hussein said:

Because it's the most important discussion.

And I believe we can have an improved debate learning lesson from previous threads which were difficult to follow.

Also you are an active member and continue to post your opinion regarding Zaidi concept of Imamat.

So what do you say should me and you debate. But with some preconditions to help keep it organised ?

Brother I am not an emotional guy.  There is no valid or solid reasoning from your side to continue the same topic for another thread. After about 3 threads we already know each other's views, evidences, arguments, reasons etc in  quite well manner

The thrid thread on the same topic where disscussin is being made, you may come and join if you are intersted in it any further:

wasalam

Edited by Muslim2010

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, User 313 said:

so we (Twelvers and Zaidis) are NOT enemies!! 

This is incorrect, twelvers consider us to be Nasibis lol

ثم روى الكشي أيضا عن حمدويه ، عن ابن يزيد ، عن محمد بن عمر ، عن ابن عذافر ، عن عمر بن يزيد قال : سألت أبا عبدالله عن الصدقة على الناصب وعلى الزيدية فقال : لا تصدق عليهم بشئ ، ولا تسقهم من الماء إن استطعت ، وقال لي : الزيدية هم النصاب.

وروى عن محمد بن الحسن ، عن أبي علي الفارسي قال : حكى منصور عن الصادق علي بن محمد بن الرضا : أن الزيدية والواقفة والنصاب بمنزلة عنده سواء.

وعن محمد بن الحسن ، عن أبي علي ، عن يعقوب بن يزيد ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عمن حدثه قال : سألت محمد بن علي الرضا عن هذه الآية « وجوه يومئذ خاشعة عاملة ناصبة  قال : نزلت في النصاب والزيدية ، والواقفة من النصاب

''Zaydis are Nasibis, don't be charitable towards them, don't give them water''

We of course absolve Imam Sadiq from such statements, and as already made clear his own sons, and the sons of Imam Al-Kadhim were Zaydis! So did Imam Sadiq go against his own statement of not being charitable towards them, and not giving them water when he fed them, clothed them, housed them, and taught them from his own knowledge!

Source: http://lib.eshia.ir/11008/37/34/حكى#_ftn٤