Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fu'ad & Qalb in same verse

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam Alaikom, there has been done research on the issue with title "Semantic study of the Heart in the Quran" about 3 years ago from Quranic perspective in Farsi.

http://hadith.net/post/67565/کتاب-معناشناسی-قلب-در-قرآن-منتشر-شد/?n=116

"Your heart is located between your lungs in the middle of your chest, behind and slightly to the left of your breastbone (sternum). A double-layered membrane called the pericardium surrounds your heart like a sac. The outer layer of the pericardium surrounds the roots of your heart's major blood vessels and is attached by ligaments to your spinal column, diaphragm, and other parts of your body"

Source: heart

The Egyptian women used the شغف and if we study the Egyptian history of that time and the issue of mummy we may get that they knew a kind off 'veil' covers the heart. It's the only place that the word شغف is used and could not be inseparable from their culture. 

The word qalb in the Holy Quran is used as a Conceptual metaphor which is not meant the qalb which is pumping blood, rather the talk is about the qalb of nafs or meta-body or spirit. Through idrak hissi ادراک حسی from this worldly and visible heart understand it's malakot.

What comes in your mind when I say walnut, does it come the meat part which we often see (and it's what's eatable of walnut), so we often refer to it as walnut. Whilst other parts we don't consider as walnut, to be precise walnut meat.

Imagine a walnut that has a green husk, than it has a wood like shell and inside the shell the meat or kernel itself. So far three terms used. Is there a fourth 'part'? So we have the walnut itself (maybe we should not count it as a part, cause it's the boss) and two parts outside it for its protection/security and growth. Just want to say the same game is on everywhere, for inspiration.

شهود شاهد شهادت the shohod, if really happens your shahed and can give shahadat. But shohod must mean you understand what you saw not merely watching and delivering the knowledge to others without understanding. So much to see in this world and so many signs of Allah, but do we see the oneness (signature of rab) of Rab in them (understand the knowledge that show us the مبدأ). Or still a child from nafs perspective just only collection of knowledge.

Probably many times we listen or see things or read but don't understand and than we ask someone who does. So merely when I can read, it does not mean I understand what I read. This world is where shohod happens not in aalam ghayb; ghayb is ghayb (malakot). So seeing and understanding what we see is two different states. We can not be called shahed if we don't understand the shohod. Note; And in usul din it's said having belief in tawhid which is oneness of Rab. So believe in Allah should be different than having belief in His Oneness.

from minute 4: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FOhH8kme8zg

Walnut

https://ar.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/تامور

On 7/6/2021 at 4:13 PM, Cool said:

Since we have understood the very first layer i.e., sadr, whatever goes through it reaches to second layer shaghaf, where perhaps our liking/disliking is influenced by "hawa e nafs" too. The ones who allow the hawa e nafs to dominate at that very stage, the evilness penetrates the barrier of shaghaf and reaches to heart & starts  blackening it or starts hardening it. 

The 1st layer and 2nd layer of what, sure of heart. Than maybe we should not consider the heart itself as a layer, rather a thing which has two layers. We all know the physical heart does not soft or get cruel, but the reality of the heart and it's malakot is different.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, Cool said:

Seems to me I am in moving exactly towards what the speaker is saying about fu'ad.

The image can probably help in moving easier. I listen some minutes but not all episodes. If brothers find some extraordinary in the series let me know.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Cool said:

:bismillah:

وَأَصْبَحَ فُؤَادُ أُمِّ مُوسَىٰ فَارِغًا ۖ إِنْ كَادَتْ لَتُبْدِي بِهِ لَوْلَا أَنْ رَبَطْنَا عَلَىٰ قَلْبِهَا لِتَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

28:10) And the heart of Musa's mother was free (from anxiety) she would have almost disclosed it had We not strengthened her heart so that she might be of the believers.

Salam Everyone!

What is the difference between fu'ad and qalb? Why in this verse the one thing i.e., heart, is mentioned with different names?

Are these names referring to the different states of heart? Or anyone of them is metaphor for something else? 

@Sumerian

I don't like the translation, I mean if your heart free from anxiety isn't it something good! Anyways it means based on Ayatollah Makarem translation, that the heart was only in remembrance of her child and فارغا from everything else، like this she would reveal her secret but Allah helped her to move forward and not be madly worried about the child and lose her behaviour and speech ability to give excuse to the enemy to watch her more closely.

Blausen_0470_HeartWall-ar~3.png

170px-Inside_of_a_walnut_in_growth.jpg

48-4262-V1~2.jpg

Edited by Ali.Isa

• Advanced Member
On 7/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ali.Isa said:

The word qalb in the Holy Quran is used as a Conceptual metaphor which is not meant the qalb which is pumping blood, rather the talk is about the qalb of nafs or meta-body or spirit. Through idrak hissi ادراک حسی from this worldly and visible heart understand it's malakot.

That is exactly what I understood, thank you brother. 

On 7/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ali.Isa said:

The 1st layer and 2nd layer of what, sure of heart.

The sadr, shaghaf, qalb & fu'ad are conceptual metaphors. As I said the war with the nafs is fought on the grounds of shaghaf.

The qalb itself used in different meanings, where stressing is on "centrality of any thing". So qalb can mean aql sometimes, qalb can mean "nafs e insaani" sometimes and qalb can also mean qalb (of nafs) too.