Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Description of Prophet Muhammad(SAW) in Shia books.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
  • Advanced Member

While Imam Ali ( may Allah be pleased with him ) was among you in Kofa'a fighting Muawia on the patio of your mosque ready with his sword and people are all 
around staring at him , also the closest friends (of him and the Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) ) and their followers as well , one of his friends said " Oh Leader of Faithful 
describe the Prophet , peace and blessings be upon Him and His Progeny , like we can see Him , peace 
and blessings be upon Him and His Progeny , for you are the best who memories Him well . 
 " He pointed his head and when he remembered the 
Prophet of Allah ( peace and belssigns be upon Him and His Progeny ) he missed Him and his eyes were 
filled with tears , He raised his head and said " Yes the Prophet of Allah ( peace and blessings be upon Him and His Progeny ) was white with bright face , His eyes were wide with wide eyeballs that were dark in the middle , His hair was soft , His nose was thin in the upper half , His cheeks were chiseled , He owned fine thin chest hair , His beard was thick , His hair would reach His earlobe when it grew long , His neck was like silver , He has hair-line like from his chest to his navel , he had no hair in his chest nor in his belly except for smallish hair in his chest , His palms and feet were strong , when His walk was solid like He is moving from rocks or coming down from hill , He turns with all of his body ,
He was not tall nor short cunning like , His sweat was like pearls , His sweat smell was better than musk , 
I never saw a person better than him ( peace and blessings be upon Him and His Progeny ) .

fyi

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla)."

To understand we need to take baby steps. 

First try to understand as much we can about the life of Amir al-Muminin(Commander of the Faithful), Imam al-Muttaqeen(Leader of the Pious), Hujjah of Allah(عزّ وجلّ)(Proof of Allah(عزّ وجلّ), Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib(عليه السلام). Because the life of Muhammad Al-Mustafa(peace be upon him and his pure progeny) documented by the political groups/the rulers who oversaw/directed history books  will make you agnostic - or question Islam.

Once you, get an idea of the personality, you will understand who is Mawla/Master is. Every, positive attribute we mention in our majlis/lecture has a dual purpose, at the first level it highlights the student, and the second level it points towards the Teacher/Mawla/Master of this student.

Once you testify to Imam Ali(عليه السلام), you will testify to Muhammad Al-Mustafa(peace be upon him and his pure progeny) and you will testify to Allah(عزّ وجلّ). 

Pure Tawheed, goes thru this route, or you will be lost in fallible conjecture of Tawheed. 

For layman like us, with limited but sufficient resources to get a basic idea 

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings

Say, Ya Ali. 

fyi

'O Messenger of Allah, I am here to be your helper in this task.' The Prophet then patted my neck very kindly and said, 'O my people! This 'Ali is my brother, my successor and my caliph amongst you. Listen to him and obey him.'

https://www.al-islam.org/life-muhammad-prophet-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/dawn-prophethood#calling-near-ones

Above was kind of a Layman version of Conceptual discussion. NOT Fiqhi one. The point is that Without understanding let's keep it where ALL will agree- Ahlul Kisa ( The people of the Hadith of the  Cloak), you really can't understand ( I use this as a word but complete understanding is not really possible (Surah Najam : 9). Muhammad al-Mustafa (peace be upon him and his pure progeny).  You have two versions one from Group A and one from Group B, who is right ? Bring in the Witness sent and you break the tie, and will know which version of Muhammad al-Mustafa(peace be upon him and his pure progeny) to Follow. 

وَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَسْتَ مُرْسَلًا ۚ قُلْ كَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ شَهِيدًا بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ وَمَنْ عِنْدَهُ عِلْمُ الْكِتَابِ {43}

[Yusufali 13:43] The Unbelievers say: "No messenger art thou." Say: "Enough for a witness between me and you is Allah, and such as have knowledge of the Book."

-----

Yes, Conceptually, Every Muslim since day one Follows the "Sunnah" of Muhammad Al-Mustafa (Peace be upon him and his pure progeny) when they Testify to Tawheed. Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah . . . .  (I testify that there is no deity but Allah). 

(See above quote) Every Muslim Testify to "Sunnah" of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) - Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah . . . . . . . . . . (I testify that there is no deity but Allah)

We follow - It is the Sunnah of Muhammad al-Mustafa ( peace be upon him and his pure progeny) to Testify to the Waliyah ( See above quote). 

Non of the Above is a Fiqhi/Jurisprudence Sense, Only Conceptual. Not saying to testify backward or bottom up, Only from Conceptual understanding point of view. 

Correction

(See above quote) Every Muslim Testify to "Sunnah" of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) 

Ash hadu anna Muhmmadan Rasu lul lah . . . . . . . : . .  (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Messenger)

Just as an Fyi, and you are aware of the Psychological Warfare conducted on the internet it is the Worst Pandemic and we need to be aware of it. 

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

&

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla)."

Now 

There is no chapter in the charter of the U.N. which is not running parallel to the rules laid down by Ali. In fact better and more useful things are found in the instructions given by him.

In my opinion the difference between the two sets of rules is due to the following four reasons:

Firstly the charter of the United Nations was drafted by thousands of intellectuals belonging to almost all the countries of the world whereas the Alavi rules were enunciated by only one person viz. Ali son of Abu Talib.

Secondly Ali arrived in this world fourteen hundred years ago.

Thirdly those who drafted the U.N. charter or in fact collected the requisite material for it indulged in too much extravagant talk and self-praise and boasted that world was indebted to them on this account. On the contrary Ali showed humility before God and was modest before the people. He did not seek greatness or superiority. He always prayed to God and also wished the people that his acts of commissions and omissions might be overlooked.

The fourth reason for the difference which is more important than the three enumerated above is that many nations, out of those which participated in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights and endorsed it, violated this declaration and started armed conflicts to nullify and destroy it, but wherever Ali placed his foot, and whenever he said anything, or unsheathed his sword, he did so to destroy tyranny and oppression and leveled the ground to march forward on the path of truth and justice. So much so that he met his martyrdom in defence of human rights, although during his lifetime he had already been martyred thousands of times.

https://www.al-islam.org/voice-human-justice-sautul-adalatil-insaniyah-george-jordac/un-charter-human-rights

-----

Now we know that The best Student of the School of Islam, who's Teacher is Muhammad al-Mustafa (Peace be upon him and his pure progeny), is Amir al-Muminin(Commander of the Faithful), Imam al-Muttaqeen(Leader of the Pious), Hujjah of Allah(عزّ وجلّ)(Proof of Allah(عزّ وجلّ), Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib(عليه السلام)

So, You can have 'Them" introduce Islam and Muhammad Al-Mustafa( Peace be upon him and his pure progeny) and the world will cringe and run away from the political savages who kept their pagan history alive by keeping savagery. 

Or You can intriduce Islam and Muhammad al-Mustafa (peace be upon him and his pure progeny) this way, 

So, don't be simple minded, and don't let "them" use your potential for their gain. 

Be Aware of Psychological Warfare. They usually come as sincere advisors, under the guise of pure Tawheed, they attempt to steal you religion. 

Qur'an 7:21 " And he swore unto them (saying): Lo! I am a sincere adviser unto you.". 

• Advanced Member
On 6/13/2021 at 4:47 AM, Lion of Shia said:

What Shia books or litieture has decrption of Prophet Muhammad, i have heardof the books.Any specefic

Assalama alaykum - I am aware that you specifically asked from Shia books.  The following should give you good description.

On the authority of Umm Ma‘bad ‘Atikah bint Khalid al-Khuza‘iyyah (رضي الله عنه) who said:

’I saw a man of visible radiance and purity, beautiful appearance, bright faced, with neither protruding ribs nor a small head, handsome and fair. His eyes were deep black and large, and his eyelashes were lush. His voice was mellow and soft. The whiteness of his eyes was bright and his pupils were very black. His eyebrows were beautifully arched and connected. His neck was long, his beard densely full. When he was silent, he appeared dignified. When he spoke, he was eminent and crowned with magnificence. His speech was sweet, his words precise, neither too little nor too much. Like a string of pearls flowing down gradually.

He was the most striking and beautiful of people when seen from afar and the fairest of them when seen up close. He was medium height, neither unagreeably tall nor scornfully short; a branch between two branches. Among the three* he was the most radiant in appearance, the finest of them in stature. He was surrounded by companions. When he spoke, they listened attentively. When he gave orders, they hastened to fulfil them. Honoured, served and surrounded by followers. He neither frowned, nor criticised’. Hadith: [Al-Baihaqi and al-Hakim]

* Hazrat Umm Ma‘bad ‘Atikah bint Khalid al-Khuza‘iyyah (may Allah be pleased with her) saw the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) While he on the blessed journey of Hejirah along with Hazrat Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) and his servant.
The Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had stopped for some time, and he milked her goat ( there is a long story to this) and shared it with his Companions.  There was enough left for Umm Ma’bad and her husband who at time gone far in the desert to graze his goats.

She was describing the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to her husband.

---------

On the authority of ’Ali ibn Abu Ṭalib (رضي الله عنه) that when he described the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), he would say:

’He was neither excessively tall, nor short, but rather was of a medium stature among (his) people. His hair was neither extremely curly nor straight, but rather it was wavy and flowing. He was neither corpulent nor was his face completely circular, but it was slightly rounded. (His complexion) was fair with some redness. His eyes were very black, his eyelashes were long. His joints were large and his shoulders broad. He was smooth skinned; a thin line of hair ran from his chest to his navel. His hands and feet were full-fleshed and sturdy. He walked with vigour, as though descending from a height. When he turned to look (at someone or something), he would turn with his whole person.

Between his shoulders was the Seal of Prophethood, and he is the Seal of the Prophets. His heart was the soundest and most generous of hearts. His speech is the most truthful of speech. He was the gentlest of people and the kindest of them in companionship. Whoever saw him unexpectedly would be awe-stricken. Whoever came to know him would love him. Whoever described him would say, “I saw neither before him nor after him anyone like him”’. Hadith: [Imam at-Tirmidhi’s ash-Shama’il al-Muhammadiyyah]

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, Guest Psychological Warfare said:

Pure Tawheed, goes thru this route, or you will be lost in fallible conjecture of Tawheed. 

Pure Tawheed starts with Oneness Allah Almighty - Truthfulness of His Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) from here on take to what suits you.

Edited by Debate follower
grammar ;)

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Debate follower said:

Pure Tawheed starts with Oneness Allah Almighty - Truthfulness of His Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) from here on take to what suits you.

Yeah I seriously do not understand this individuals motive who says Tawheed starts with Imam Ali. He doesn’t understand Imam Ali’s brother Aqil fought the Muslims in Badr. It wasn’t Imam Ali’s wilayah that was hard to grasp for Aqil rather it was the oneness of Allah that Aqil rejected. Allah knows best.