Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Transfer of najasat

Rate this topic

Guest Daw

Can you please explain the transfer of najasat according to Sistani because I am confused. 

If urine gets on door handle, then after drying, I touch it with my wet hand, is my hand 1st or 2nd mutanajjis ( because I am again touching najsool-ayn directly ). Then after that, my wet hand touches my cellphone, is my cellphone 3rd, 2nd, or 1st mutanajjis? ( as I currently understand it, my hand should get dry first ?)

How does Sistan’s ruling differ from others? Like Fadlala and others? Does Fadlala say najasa only transfers up to 2nd mutanajjis?

Thank you. 

• Advanced Member
On 6/13/2021 at 4:43 AM, Guest Daw said:

If urine gets on door handle, then after drying, I touch it with my wet hand, is my hand 1st or 2nd mutanajjis ( because I am again touching najsool-ayn directly ).

Salam,

When the urine dries, there is no trace of the urine remaining. It is as if there is no urine. That is why it is considered that there is no 'ayn najasah on the door handle and the door handle would, thus, be considered as the first mutanajjis. When touching the door handle with your hand, your hand would become second mutanajjis. Then if your hand touches another object with wetness that object will be third mutanajjis and cannot make other things najis.

If, for example, there was blood that had dried on the door handle instead of urine, and your hand touches the blood with wetness, the hand will become first mutanajjis.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:43 AM, Guest Daw said:

Then after that, my wet hand touches my cellphone, is my cellphone 3rd, 2nd, or 1st mutanajjis? ( as I currently understand it, my hand should get dry first ?)

According to Al-Sayyid As-SIstani, the hand does not need to dry first. According to some other maraja', like Al-Sayyid Khamenei, it is necessary for the hand to dry first. I asked this question on Al-Sayyid As-Sistani's website:

Question: The transfer of impurity is limited to two intermediaries. So, for example, if the right hand had become impure by an intrinsic impurity, it can transfer impurity to the left hand through wetness and the left hand can transfer impurity to another object through wetness but this third object does not make anything else najis. In order for this ruling to take place is it necessary for each of these objects to completely dry before transferring the impurity? Is it necessary for the impurity to transfer through new wetness for each time in order for this ruling to take place? What if the right hand transfers impurity to the left hand through wetness and the left hand with this same wetness transfers impurity to the third object?

In the Name of God, the Most High

It makes no difference.

May Allah grant you success.

www.sistani.org

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani