Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imams see our deeds

Rate this topic

• Moderators

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن عثمان بن عيسى، عن سماعة، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: سمعته يقول: مالكم تسوؤن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله؟! فقال رجل: كيف نسوؤه؟ فقال: أما تعلمون أن أعمالكم تعرض عليه، فإذا رأى فيها معصية ساءه ذلك، فلا تسوؤا رسول الله وسروه.

`Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from `Uthman b. `Isa from Sama`a from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام. He said:

I heard him say: Why do you upset the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله?! A man said: How do we upset him? So he said: Do you not know that your deeds are presented before him; so if he sees sin in them, he is disturbed by it. So do not harm the Messenger of Allah, rather, gratify him. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 576)

(hasan muwathaq) (حسن موثق)

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن الوشاء: قال: سمعت الرضا عليه السلام يقول: إن الاعمال تعرض على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله أبرارها وفجارها.

Several of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad from al-Washsha’.

He said: I heard ar-Rida عليه السلام say: Deeds are presented before the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله – [both] the righteous and the wicked. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 579)

(sahih) (صحيح)

20 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Can any one show a “link” to either tafsir or Hadith that talks about imams seeing our deeds in verse 9:105 ? I want the exact link, not general pages like this one:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/fa12671

People’s sins are seen by a lot more than just the imams, there is even people whom attained high faith and closeness to God even amongst the other religions who can see people’s evil just by glancing in their direction 

they can smell rot in soul from various sins , they can see the marks of evil that people carry without even knowing it’s prevalent on them , to these people it’s visible like clothes 

some can even see further where evil takes forms that manifest as beings around them and they can see them this also goes for good actions too

not to mention even angels and djinn can see a lot of this as a standard hence why a djinn is able to whisper to a person some weakness they have or inclination they have 

and finally in barzakh when we die we will be able to see the evil and good of all people past and present , everyone will have access to this 

and finally judgement day everyone will be aware of everyone actions , and even post judgement day everyone will be aware of everyone actions life states of soul etc , so this isn’t that special really 

in fact every person can attain levels of this , if u can purify your nafs so that’s you don’t judge people and u wouldn’t use such information to ur advantage so basically if u removed greed and desire to defeat others in whatever and if this wouldn’t make u gain pride so pride is removed from soul, God would allow even u access to this knowledge , it actually would be a test for u and a requirement to pass to go further into higher level of faith 

Edited by theEndIsNear

• Advanced Member
On 6/8/2021 at 8:16 AM, Arminmo said:

Can any one show a “link” to either tafsir or Hadith that talks about imams seeing our deeds in verse 9:105 ? I want the exact link, not general pages like this one:

Salam,

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Muhammad Bin Abu Umeyr, from Ibn Azina, from Bureyd Al Ijaly who said,  

‘I said to Abu Ja’far (عليه السلام), ‘The Words of Allahazwj Blessed and Exalted: And thus We Made you (Imams) as the intermediary community that you may be the bearers of witness to the people and (that) the Rasool may become a bearer of witness over you [2:143]. He (عليه السلام) said: ‘We are the medium nation, and we are the witnesses of Allahazwj Blessed and Exalted upon Hisazwj creatures, and Hisazwj Divine Authorities in Hisazwj earth’. 

I said, ‘The Words of the Exalted: O you who believe! Perform Ruku and Sajdah and worship your Lord, and do the good, perhaps you will succeed [22:77] And strive hard in (the Way of) Allah, with a striving which He is Rightful of. He Chose you [22:78].  

He (عليه السلام) said: ‘It Means us, and we are the Chosen ones, and Allahazwj Blessed and High and did not Make any hardship upon you in the Religion [22:78]. So the hardship is more intense than the constriction, being a sect of your father Ibrahim [22:78]. It Means us in particular, and Allahazwj Named you all as Muslims.  

Allahazwj Named us as Muslims from before, from the Books of the past, and in this Quran (as well): and (that) the Rasool may become a bearer of witness over you and that you may be the bearers of witness upon the people [2:143]. Thus, Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is the witness upon us with whatever hes delivered to us from Allahazwj Blessed and Exalted, and we are the witnesses upon the people. So, the one who ratifies on the Day of Judgment, we shall ratify him, and the one who belies, we shall belie him’.

Al Kafi V 1 – The Book Of Divine Authority CH 9 H 4

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

This is another example of something that sounds like "ghuluww" when one initially hears it (on the surface level)...it presupposes the Prophet (s) or Ahlul Bayt (a) are omnipresent...but a little investigation and we find that even Sunnis, Salafis and Zaydis believe in this concept...but imagine for a moment if these traditions weren't narrated in their books of traditions...they would be accusing us of all sorts of blasphemies "oh you believe the Prophet returns the salaams of each and every single one of the 1.7 billion Muslims on earth?, and you believe this happens five times a day, 365 days per year? This is because you believe he controls the atoms in the universe and you're ghulat" blah, blah, blah

It was narrated by Abdullah bin Mas’ud ؓ that the Messenger of Allah (s) said: “Some angels appointed by Allah go around on earth, and convey to me the salutations (salaam) sent by my ummah.” (Sunan an-Nasa'i)

Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet (s) said: “If any one of you greets me, Allah returns my soul to me and I respond to the greeting” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Eddie Mecca said:

This is another example of something that sounds like "ghuluww" when one initially hears it (on the surface level)...it presupposes the Prophet (s) or Ahlul Bayt (a) are omnipresent...but a little investigation and we find that even Sunnis, Salafis and Zaydis believe in this concept...but imagine for a moment if these traditions weren't narrated in their books of traditions...they would be accusing us of all sorts of blasphemies "oh you believe the Prophet returns the salaams of each and every single one of the 1.7 billion Muslims on earth?, and you believe this happens five times a day, 365 days per year? This is because you believe he controls the atoms in the universe and you're ghulat" blah, blah, blah

It was narrated by Abdullah bin Mas’ud ؓ that the Messenger of Allah (s) said: “Some angels appointed by Allah go around on earth, and convey to me the salutations (salaam) sent by my ummah.” (Sunan an-Nasa'i)

Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet (s) said: “If any one of you greets me, Allah returns my soul to me and I respond to the greeting” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Many narrations in Shia Islam can be interpret such that we could take it to extreme. It is better to take the position only when there is solid proof to prove it.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

It is not just about Holy Prophets and Imams. Even our deceased parents etc. also do see our lives and deeds.

And the belief that both Prophets and Saints and our ancestors see our deeds is accepted by sunni and shia Islamic thoughts.

Edited by islamicmusic

About Imams seeing your actions, My childhood wasn’t the happiest so my family didn’t have much time to learn me about Islam except for the basics (pray, fast, wear hijab). I actually thought I was a Sunni as a child because I read that it somewhere about it being the most popular sect so I assumed my family must be Sunni. We would have to go to Husaynia in Muharram and the Battle of Karbala would be told in Arabic and women would start to cry all around me which made me feel really awkward. I didn’t understand Arabic and my parents told me a bit about it in my language but I only felt the general sadness that anyone feels when hearing about tragedy. I actually really couldn’t wait until Muharram was over because I didn’t feel a connection that people around me felt. 
A few years ago, I really got into Muharram, extensively read about ahlelbayt and the suffering they experienced, all to fight corruption and save Islam. I did cry and felt genuine deep sorrow at their pain. That night, I dreamt about Imam Husayn ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). He had a green cloth fabric around his head, and really looked like those paintings you see of him (although the paintings of things with a soul are still not good to keep in your house though) and his face was glowing white. He was really nice, friendly, welcoming and funny and he was going to teach me and some other youth something. Alhamdullilah, MashaAllah for such a dream but I never had such a dream before and I do believe that it was because I started to genuinely mourn the greatest tragedy on earth, that the Imam ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) visited me in my dream.

There also is this special day for Imam Mehdi and when younger, my aunts made a special meal for Imam Mehdi, lighted candled and did Dua. After the dua and all the cooking, they got tired and all fell asleep. When they woke up, all the candles were blown out, their was a trace of a single finger that had run through their meal that they prepared for the Imam and my aunts discovered that they all had a small dot like mark on their hand, all one the same spot an they were shocked of course. 

I also have noticed myself that sometimes when I listened to the Ziyarat Ashura, that I felt the feeling of a abnormal cold hand like touch on my knee or on my arm. Alhamdulillah, MashaAllah if this is good but I do believe from dreams I have heard about, that Imams, prophet’s know about us and that also deceased can visit us and see us.  

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

This is about Salaam itself and nothing else. The Prophet can only hear our salaam when visit his grave but as sending salam from afar, it would be informed to him, thus he can not hear it afar.

And the Messenger of Allah (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) said: Whoever gives salam upon me at my grave I hear him, and whoever gives salam upon me from afar I am informed of it, the peace of Allah be upon him and the mercy of Allah and His blessings.

عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ زِيَادِ بْنِ أَبِي الْحَلَّالِ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ مَا مِنْ نَبِيٍّ وَ لَا وَصِيِّ نَبِيٍّ يَبْقَى فِي الْأَرْضِ أَكْثَرَ مِنْ ثَلَاثَةِ أَيَّامٍ حَتَّى تُرْفَعَ رُوحُهُ وَ عَظْمُهُ وَ لَحْمُهُ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ وَ إِنَّمَا تُؤْتَى مَوَاضِعُ آثَارِهِمْ وَ يُبَلِّغُونَهُمْ مِنْ بَعِيدٍ السَّلَامَ وَ يُسْمِعُونَهُمْ فِي مَوَاضِعِ آثَارِهِمْ مِنْ قَرِيبٍ

From Ziyaad bin Abee Al-Hilaal from Abee `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام): “There is neither a prophet nor successor of a prophet who remains on earth for more than three days. Thereafter, his soul, flesh and bones are taken up to the heavens. Furthermore, going to places which their marks are located, and conveying salaams to them from afar. They (will) hear from the places which have their marks (as if they were) nearby.”

Source:

1.     Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 4, pg. 567, hadeeth # 1

Grading:

1.       Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 18, pg. 284

حدثني محمد بن يعقوب عن عدة من أصحابه عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى عن علي بن الحكم عن زياد بن أبي الهلال عن أبي عبد الله ع قال ما من نبي و لا وصي نبي يبقى‏في الأرض بأكثر من ثلاثة أيام ثم ترفع روحه و عظمه و لحمه إلى السماء و إنما يؤتى مواضع آثارهم و يبلغونهم من بعيد السلام و يسمعونهم في مواضع آثارهم من قريب

From Ziyaad bin Abee Al-Hilaal from Abee `Abd Allaah (عليه السلام): “There is neither a prophet nor successor of a prophet who remains on earth for more than three days. Thereafter, his soul, flesh and bones are taken up to the heavens. Furthermore, going to places which their marks are located, and conveying salaams to them from afar. They (will) hear from the places which have their marks (as if they were) nearby.”

Source:

1.     Ibn Quluwayh, Kaamil Al-Ziyaaraat, ch. 108, pg. 329-339, hadeeth # 3

Edited by Abu Nur

fyi

Imam Mahdi (aj) says,

"Surely, we do not neglect your condition nor are we forgetful of your remembrance. Had it not been so, then, terrible calamities would have struck you and your enemies would have destroyed you."2

2.Al Ihtejaj vol.2 Pg.598.

https://www.al-islam.org/fazail-ul-mahdi-ali-akbar-talaafi/benefits-imam-mahdi-aj-during-his-ghaibat

-----

They get it, they are aware, first issue. Secondary, issues I don't get caught up on Technical mechanism( beyond any of the humans to actually come to understanding) , How our Salam reaches or how they are aware. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Guest Psychological Warfare said:

fyi

https://www.al-islam.org/fazail-ul-mahdi-ali-akbar-talaafi/benefits-imam-mahdi-aj-during-his-ghaibat

-----

They get it, they are aware, first issue. Secondary, issues I don't get caught up on Technical mechanism( beyond any of the humans to actually come to understanding) , How our Salam reaches or how they are aware. 

Is the narration authentic?

6 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Is the narration authentic?

You have evidence to prove this is unauthentic? 

Imam Mahdi (aj) says,

"Surely, we do not neglect your condition nor are we forgetful of your remembrance. Had it not been so, then, terrible calamities would have struck you and your enemies would have destroyed you."2

• Moderators
On 6/15/2021 at 6:46 AM, Guest Psychological Warfare said:

You have evidence to prove this is unauthentic? 

Imam Mahdi (aj) says,

I asked you the authenticity of the narration because you posted it, why I need to prove it unauthentic?

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

I asked you the authenticity of the narration because you posted it, why I need to prove it unauthentic?

Whether it is authentic or not, there is nothing in the content that is problematic.

- they are aware of the conditions of their Shi'a

- they remember and make Du'a for their Shi'a

- without their Du'a, we would have been destroyed

Where is the issue exactly?

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Whether it is authentic or not, there is nothing in the content that is problematic.

- they are aware of the conditions of their Shi'a

- they remember and make Du'a for their Shi'a

- without their Du'a, we would have been destroyed

Where is the issue exactly?

I dont find problematic with those statement rather i want to know the authenticity of the narration.