In the Name of God بسم الله

Everyday struggle

• Advanced Member

Assalam Alaikum,

Hope you're all well. It's been quite a while since I posted. I've had a crazy year (I'm sure most of us have to some degree or the other).

The reason I post is to get some feedback/answers/tips to a couple of problems that have developed in my life over these few months and I'm having major difficulty in addressing them.

After a long struggle with my mood/energy/concentration/anxiety levels I was eventually diagnosed with Bipolar 1, I mentioned that here in a thread. Though my treatment has helped certain aspects of my functioning, there's still so much that's missing. I've seen videos, done reading, I am currently also training in psychiatry so there's not much information that I haven't already read up on.

* My energy levels are drastically low and my sleep has increased. I don't feel like waking till I have about 10 hours of sleep. I'm really struggling with this as I have to go to work and I often miss work days which is not a good thing at all. I don't know what to do about it.

* My level of faith has gone down drastically. I just get on with the day, I barely feel connected to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)&F) and Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام). I have stopped praying during the last 2 months. All of this because of weakness in Imaan. I've retried praying but it seems empty. I don't know how to start developing that love for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) when it's extinguished.

I don't expect many professional answers but that's not what I'm here for, it'd be nice to hear how others deal with these issues regardless of having a diagnosis or not. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Khudi

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

waleikum salam.

have you done some bloodwork? maybe your iron or vitamines are low.

second: start small. If you have fallen out of love with your imaan then read the book: secrets of divine love. It's not a book to gain knowledge or something, but imo you will start appreciating your deen again and maybe find motivation to do your prayers.