Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What do Shias think about the rap music industry?Do Shias think its a tool?

Rate this topic

My 300 comment lead to this didn’t it ? Lol. Hmm I know major scholars seem to oppose music. I grew up on 90s hip hop. Wu Tang and other groups. Lot of Muslim references were made. I also got into Vinnie Paz. Despite him not being a Muslim role model, he is a Muslim but his songs have a lot of philosophy from different schools. 

• Moderators

Since most forms of music are haram, I certainly don't think we should support or even associate ourselves with this industry.

As for it's background I believe it was originally an outlet for African Americans from low income backgrounds/communities to express themselves. 

With time it has become more mainstream but also extremely commercialized.

While there are people of different backgrounds and origins (it is no longer exclusively black and exclusively low income) who express themselves through Hip Hop, the heavy commercialization has primarily made it an industrial promotional front for promiscuity, vulgarity, greed and violence. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

F-Bombs dropped...be forewarned...Fat Joe Thinks Gay Mafia Controls Hip-Hop

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Advanced Member

Ali Vegas And Doggy Diamonds Expose The Rituals They Saw Rappers Do For Fame!

18 minutes ago, Eddie Mecca said:

F-Bombs dropped...be forewarned...Fat Joe Thinks Gay Mafia Controls Hip-Hop

Man, what happens when someone in the gay mafia crosses the mafia. Instead of chopping off fingers, I’m thinking there are more grotesque things they’d do. Like pulp fiction stuff.

• Veteran Member
On 5/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, Eddie Mecca said:

Ali Vegas And Doggy Diamonds Expose The Rituals They Saw Rappers Do For Fame!

:salam:

I pretty much think this is applicable to any part of the show business. 

This is an evil game. 

I will tell you this as a former Hip hop head. Rap, whether in its pure or less pure form, whether explicit or conscious, is almost often an insult to Allah's gift (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to us, He taught us the 'Bayan' and all that sub culture is based on twisting that godly gift. Listen to that guy in the video (I happen to know some tracks from him btw), listen to his speech, although genuine and honest, it is completely inaudible. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Since most forms of music are haram, I certainly don't think we should support or even associate ourselves with this industry.

As for it's background I believe it was originally an outlet for African Americans from low income backgrounds/communities to express themselves. 

While there are people of different backgrounds and origins (it is no longer exclusively black and exclusively low income) who express themselves through Hip Hop, the heavy commercialization has primarily made it an industrial promotional front for promiscuity, vulgarity, greed and violence. 

It has come out that the CIA- this is not conspiracy theory but rather cold fact- that the CIA was and probably still is involved in promoting rap/Hip-Hop/etc to the mainly North African Muslim population in France. They were not doing this strengthen them or to help them explore their creativity- quite the reverse. Similarly in Palestine many people believe that the Shin Bet is promoting rap/Hip-Hop/etc among the working class indigenous youth population, and this has created tensions between the more Islamic and the more secular parts of the National movement over there, the latter who see at least the majority of this stuff as basically harmless. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I see it as a weapon that can either defend you or do devastating damage. Black Americans made rap to speak out against oppression and try to get some dignity that was stolen from them. But then it turned into pure garbage where people brag about how much money they have, how they're a force to be reckoned with, how they get a lot of women. Just 3 minutes of a man shamelessly bragging, and kids who come from unstable households with no real role model hear this and think "Wow, this guy is cool. I want to be like him!" 

Edited by guest 2025

• Advanced Member

African culture is generally based on oral poetry. If you look at Somalia particularly, for example, all forms of knowledge and philosophy is passed down as a living tradition through oral poetry. People regularly memorize poems to remember important lessons, including Islamic values. Heck, the Quran was basically written for the Arabs who (at the time) had the same type of culture. And so this poetry, similar to the Quran, would be written in a type of musical verse that would make it easier to memorize. 

Somewhere along the line these poems would be recited similar to a rap, where someone would get a beat and someone else would recite a poem. The fact that modern rap and hip hop came out from African Americans has less to do with their Americaness, and more to do with their African ancestry. The heavy commercialization has basically ruined this though. However, there are still pretty socially conscious (and even religious) rappers out there that bring out an important message. And if you're a good rapper, you can have a lot of political power to be honest. 

12 hours ago, Celtic Twilight said:

It has come out that the CIA- this is not conspiracy theory but rather cold fact- that the CIA was and probably still is involved in promoting rap/Hip-Hop/etc to the mainly North African Muslim population in France. They were not doing this strengthen them or to help them explore their creativity- quite the reverse. Similarly in Palestine many people believe that the Shin Bet is promoting rap/Hip-Hop/etc among the working class indigenous youth population, and this has created tensions between the more Islamic and the more secular parts of the National movement over there, the latter who see at least the majority of this stuff as basically harmless. 

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm not really surprised by this to be honest. Much of modern culture has had some CIA influence on it. I remember reading an article on how postmodernist thinkers themselves were basically a CIA plop to reduce youthful interest in things like Marxism and class revolution. So now you have a bunch of these kids who only have an undergraduate degree thinking that they've found the secrets to the universe and its...nothing. Morals, values, virtues, etc., doesn't exist, it's all about power, it always was, blah blah blah. 

I still believe though that rap can be a helpful for oppressed youngsters. Particularly young men who need an outlet to express their anger, but it's hard to find genuinely good content through all the nonsense commercialization and hedonism. Hopefully, mainstream rap gets into a decline given how incredibly (for lack of a better word) gay its getting recently. Hard for straight boys to find themselves within it anymore.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, realizm said:

I pretty much think this is applicable to any part of the show business.

Exactly, the rap industry is a part of the music industry...the music industry (or popular music) is an extension of the larger pop culture or mass media or entertainment industry which is largely Satanic/demonic

I will tell you this as a former Hip hop head.

You're a former rapper? Ah, that's interesting...so you're able to offer an insightful insider perspective

Rap, whether in its pure or less pure form, whether explicit or conscious, is almost often an insult to Allah's gift (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to us, He taught us the 'Bayan' and all that sub culture is based on twisting that godly gift.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

You're a former rapper? Ah, that's interesting...so you're able to offer an insightful insider perspective

Not a former rapper :grin: But I was really into the 'culture'. 

11 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? 

I've been trying to copy paste some verses but editing issues issues occured, please refer to Surat Al Rahman v1-3. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) taught us a gift of eloquence. It is on us not to waste it or corrupt it. Nowadays rap is all about two syllables gibberish not understandable to the masses -even I do not get most of today's lyrics. 

IMG_20210529_165621.jpg

Edited by realizm

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

I have been watching celebrities make these symbols for a long while now. Why do so man Shia brothers dismiss this as “oh conspiracy theory” or “they’re just doing it for the clout”? I mean these are clear cut.

Edited by Mahdavist

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

I have been watching celebrities make these symbols for a long while now. Why do so man Shia brothers dismiss this as “oh conspiracy theory” or “they’re just doing it for the clout”? I mean these are clear cut.

I was one of those Muslim brothers prior to 2017...al-Ḥamdu lillāh Allah opened my eyes...the magic involves techniques designed to engineer absolute social cohesion...assimilation through statism, educational indoctrination, print-based media, social media etc....purposely calibrated "secularist", "materialist", "naturalist", "individualist", "empiricist", "postmodern" etc. mantras repeated over and over for decades and/or centuries...desired end-result is achieved through groupthink and psychological conformity...outcome is accomplished while being imperceptible or defying apprehension by the senses…even punks, freethinkers, anarchists and nonconformists of every shade and persuasion can't see that their rebelliousness has been worked into the overarching scheme-of-things with foresight...when done right - people will naturally dismiss discussions of anything related to esotericism, the occult, spirituality, supernatural, paranormal etc. as mere Third World superstition or Middle Eastern, African, South Asian etc. backwardness...folks will do this without forced intervention because anti-spiritualist anecdotes were introduced and cloaked in the cookies and milk consumed during preschool and kindergarten...I was taught that anti-imperialist intellectuals should read publications by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Zbigniew Brzezinski etc....books written by authors like Ralph Epperson, Graham Hancock, William Cooper etc. were written by sensationalist charlatans seeking to prey on imaginative simpletons and should be avoided at all costs...today my Graham Hancock and Noam Chomsky books coexistence harmoniously side-by-side on my bookshelf...each has its respective place...I scrutinize everything I read intensely...I question everything whether the information is considered mainstream or classified as fringe/unconventional/marginal etc.

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Veteran Member

@guest 2025 @BleedKnee

Nowhere in time rap started as a social thing, that's the version they wanted middle classes to buy so they adhere ideologically to the 'movememt'.  The purpose behind it being that they become involved actively in its economy by buying records. 

Just look at references movies, you will see that it was just a disco thing with entertainers, nothing more. Funny enough, it was a mainstream thing before there was even an underground scene. You had rap hits on radio as soon as 1978 when the first conscious rhymes came two or three years after.

Then the Jewish entertainment industry put its hand on it and it was done. You had a 'social movement' lead by Public Enemy, whose Bomb Squad producers got fired when they said bad things about Jews, NWA lead by 'the super producer Jerry Heller', and five years later, it was a about spreading the gangsta culture to the masses. Sickening. 

On 5/28/2021 at 2:33 PM, Mahdavist said:

Tala al badru aleyna? That’s haram ? That’s music too

i have to disagree with u music is like anything else , like a knife can be used to murder music can be used to propagate evil

Khomeini said classical music is not haram , so clearly it’s about the content the vibe energy lyrics etc 

yeh most western music is haram and evil especially nowadays where it’s literal devil worship however songs with good  message purpose etc isn’t 

most latmiyah is music especially now they even use auto tune for it but what makes it okay is the message etc 

if someone says tala al badru aleyna is hala l cause it’s percussion well technically piano is percussion too it’s a hammer hitting an string 

‘and finally anyone that’s been to Iran knows they use plenty of music in their tv radio and live events , even they used instrumental of western popular music and play it on radio and finally everyone here listens to music or has listened to music for whatever reason  I bet so let’s not be hypocrites 

There are many things in hip hop that are detrimental for the youth. The praise of gang banging is one of them. I’ll tell you all something recently that happened. Recently I was trying to get some money back that I let my ex borrow. She was condescending and calling me names, so I decided I wanted to go talk to her father to see if he can mediate and help me get what is owed to me so I can never have to talk to her again. Well he was out of town. Her youngest brother was home I knocked on the door and rang the door bell several times. I left a note with my number. Next minute I know both her brothers are calling my phone and they are talking like they gang bang. Mind you these are upper class silver spoon fed Palestinians that live in Farmington hills. They grew up in Farmington which is a great place for expensive homes. Anyways I couldn’t get a word in because they were barking so loud. They said they were gonna kill me, then went on a tangent on how n****s in Detroit are gonna kill me. Said don’t come to my hood lol which literally is the safest area around. Anyways they claimed they were gonna show up at my apartment and shoot me. Was I worried? Nah I have a back bone and even tho I always watch my back I called their bluff. There is a Mexican Spanish that goes like el perro que ladra no meirde. It means the dog that barks doesn’t bite. These wanna be young upper class thugs could have gotten themselves killed. Luckily I think their sister let them know to chill because she knows how I am. 

I also had a yemeni ex who tried to make herself seem super modest but made clear to me she likes music by cardi b. I let her know that cardi b is disgusting and that little girls get corrupted by hearing such disgusting lyrics about using sex as a weapon. 

with that said as I mentioned previously I do like hip hop in particular the 90s. However even that era obviously has a lot of gang banging lyrics. 

• Moderators
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

Mind you these are upper class silver spoon fed Palestinians that live in Farmington hills.

Too funny :hahaha:

Said don’t come to my hood lol which literally is the safest area around.

You're killing me :hahaha:

I mentioned previously I do like hip hop in particular the 90s. However even that era obviously has a lot of gang banging lyrics. 

Hip Hop Golden Age (roughly mid-1980's to mid-1990's) actually helped lead me to Islam...socially conscious lyrics galore...this era was characterized by quality and groundbreaking innovation and Afrocentric awareness and popularization of wisdom and knowledge...especially Islamic and Five Percent Nation and Nation of Islam influenced rap artists like Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, King Sun, Poor Righteous Teachers, Lakim Shabazz, Public Enemy, KMD...I liked The Fugees and Native Tongues Initiative especially (e.g. Jungle Brothers, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Monie Love, Black Sheep, Chi Ali, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Ummah etc.) optimistic attitude, good-natured, eccentric experimentation, non-traditional sampling...Ivy League cerebral yet equally street cred savvy and socially playful

Edited by Eddie Mecca

13 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

There are many things in hip hop that are detrimental for the youth. The praise of gang banging is one of them. I’ll tell you all something recently that happened. Recently I was trying to get some money back that I let my ex borrow. She was condescending and calling me names, so I decided I wanted to go talk to her father to see if he can mediate and help me get what is owed to me so I can never have to talk to her again. Well he was out of town. Her youngest brother was home I knocked on the door and rang the door bell several times. I left a note with my number. Next minute I know both her brothers are calling my phone and they are talking like they gang bang. Mind you these are upper class silver spoon fed Palestinians that live in Farmington hills. They grew up in Farmington which is a great place for expensive homes. Anyways I couldn’t get a word in because they were barking so loud. They said they were gonna kill me, then went on a tangent on how n****s in Detroit are gonna kill me. Said don’t come to my hood lol which literally is the safest area around. Anyways they claimed they were gonna show up at my apartment and shoot me. Was I worried? Nah I have a back bone and even tho I always watch my back I called their bluff. There is a Mexican Spanish that goes like el perro que ladra no meirde. It means the dog that barks doesn’t bite. These wanna be young upper class thugs could have gotten themselves killed. Luckily I think their sister let them know to chill because she knows how I am. 

I also had a yemeni ex who tried to make herself seem super modest but made clear to me she likes music by cardi b. I let her know that cardi b is disgusting and that little girls get corrupted by hearing such disgusting lyrics about using sex as a weapon. 

with that said as I mentioned previously I do like hip hop in particular the 90s. However even that era obviously has a lot of gang banging lyrics. 

What are you going on about?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, realizm said:

Wait a few years, half of songs aired on radio will be gay oriented. Rap included. 

As a friend of mine would say, you do not get from the mosque to the disco in one night. 

Wa alaikum as salam

Yes this will definitely be the next step.

Just as movies and music heavily promoted hedonism/alcohol/drugs/promisciousness/materialism the current wave is heavily pushing homosexuality and without a doubt the hip hop subculture will soon follow.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Mahdavist said:

without a doubt the hip hop subculture will soon follow.

It will start as a subculture then it will inevitability grow to envelope mainstream Hip Hop...country music is next

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, guest 2025 said:

Black Americans made rap to speak out against oppression and try to get some dignity that was stolen from them. But then it turned into pure garbage

On 5/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, BleedKnee said:

The heavy commercialization has basically ruined this though.

Golden Age rappers were exposing too much...executives had to put an end to it...they were sampling speeches from Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Khalid Abdul Muhammad etc. constantly..."In control of many like Ayatollah Khomeini" lyric from 'Know The Ledge' by Eric B and Rakim...in his song entitled, 'RAKIM'  Rakim says "Allah who I praise to the fullest"...Public Enemy was exposing the state of Israel's treatment of Palestinians which angered the B'nai Birth…the music was commercially appealing, spiritually uplifting and bringing genuine inner-city issues (i.e. "message rap") into mainstream popular discourse...it downplayed self-glorification and materialism...listeners were encouraged to trade in thick gold rope chains for a black or African medallion...I remember thinking then, "there's no way they're going to let this endure indefinitely...enjoy it while it lasts"

Edited by Eddie Mecca

Th

7 minutes ago, Eddie Mecca said:

Golden Age rappers were exposing too much...executives had to put an end to it...they were sampling speeches from Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, Khalid Abdul Muhammad etc. constantly..."In control of many like Ayatollah Khomeini" lyric from "Know The Ledge' by Eric B and Rakim...in his song entitled, '(رضي الله عنه).K.I.M.' he says "Allah who I praise to the fullest"...the music was commercially appealing, spiritually uplifting and bringing genuine inner-city issues (i.e. "message rap") into mainstream popular discourse...it downplayed self-glorification and materialism...listeners were encouraged to trade in thick gold rope chains for a black or African medallion...I remember thinking then, "there's no way they're going to let this endure indefinitely...enjoy it while it lasts"

these poor young heads don’t know some of these legends. They are growing up in the mumble rap age. 

• Moderators
On 6/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, MexicanVato said:

Rap music, like many things started out as something and became something else. Rap (as we know it today) started out in the late 70's, early 80s in New York City. It was originally something that wasn't mainstream at all and most people, even most African Americans hadn't heard of it. It started out as a way to give a voice to the African American Community in places like Brooklyn and Queens (which was a completely messed up ghetto at that time, not full of million dollar apartments like it is now) and then other places like South Central L.A. who were suffering many injustices at the hands of the police. America, and particularly inner city America, has always been a racist system where those at the top got almost everything and those at the bottom got almost nothing. It got so bad during the late 70's and early 80s in places like New York and other inner city neighborhoods that it was hard to tell the difference between those places and places you might see in war zones. 

So, as I always say, there is a kernel of truth in almost everything and that was the kernel of truth in Rap Music. It was originally a way to give a voice to the voiceless. That is, before it got picked up by Radio Stations and mainstream media and then just became another branch of the entertainment business. That happened in the late 80's, early 90s and one of the main things that 'mainstreamed' Rap music was the song by Public Enemy 'Fight the Power'. When this song became the first Rap song to become a mega hit and was played for years on almost every radio station, then the business men figured they could make money off this music, and then everything changed. Today, (and I will admit that I haven't listened to a RAP song, not voluntarily anyway, in many years) Rap (Hip Hop) is mostly about selling drugs, and doing other haram stuff that is not something appropriate for someone who is seeking to get closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to listen to. If you want to get closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), you have to turn away from the enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). The enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) are the ones promoting haram, and this includes 99% of the Rap and Hip Hop music of today. I only say 99% and not 100% because I am not familiar with all of it, but all of it that I have heard about, in the last 20 years, has fit into this category. 

BTW, if you listen to a RAP song like 'Fight the Power', which came out of the original RAP movement, which was based on raising issues of social justice, there is nothing in it that is promoting haram, besides the fact that you can use it to dance to (which is why it became popular). If you compare that with the rap of today, they are not even the same genre. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 8:38 PM, 313_Waiter said:

Culturally subduing the Third World through conditioning makes indigenous people view reality through the lense of the colonizer...think of Rubin's Vase...hypothetically let's imagine 90% of people see the vase...and only 10% of them (ones who are more resilient to coercive persuasion for whatever reason) claim to see both the floral container and sideview silhouette of two heads...the latter group will be deemed mad by the former...words carry enormous power...language can be magical...ever watch a late-night infomercial? The first few minutes you're mocking it...90 minutes into it you're reaching for your Mastercard...in pre-Islamic Arabia words could kill individuals or even entire tribes...two tribes would engage in a "poetry battle"...there were a few instances where the public humiliation became so great and unbearable that the loser-tribe would self-banish into the desert and die from starvation, exposure, dehydration etc....being labelled "barbarian", "backward" , "savage" by a Westerner will make Arabs, Persians, Indians, Turks etc. do all sorts of funny funny things...they will shave their beards, remove their headscarves, change entire modes of cuisine and dress...even detonate ancient dwellings...I remember reading an article about a community in North Africa (it was either Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia....can't remember which one exactly) who demolished their ancient ruins with TNT to the horror and dismay of European archeologists...when asked why they did it...the natives said that the ancient settlements were living reminders of their lack of scientific, technological and architectural progress and hence deemed "ugly" and worthy of destruction...they subsequently replaced those structures with state-of-the-art new ones...think of it like this...imagine I said "Abracadabra!" or "Alakazam!" and you start twirling round-and-around on one foot while simultaneously patting your tummy with your left hand and rubbing your head with your right...all these are examples of various types of word-magic...science and technology are types of magical disciplines as well

Edited by Eddie Mecca