Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imaan

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I get extremely negative thoughts, I’m not talking about normal negative thinking, Im talking about like hurting and especially killing, It's a feeling that pushes me to do things without control, things I shouldn't EVER do, I can't hold myself back… I’ve been dealing with this problem for a really long time, it's gotten to a point where I have to tell somebody.

• Advanced Member

Praying salah is becoming very hard for me, I haven't prayed for way over a month, do you have any suggestions?

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Hannie said:

I get extremely negative thoughts, I’m not talking about normal negative thinking, Im talking about like hurting and especially killing, It's a feeling that pushes me to do things without control, things I shouldn't EVER do, I can't hold myself back… I’ve been dealing with this problem for a really long time, it's gotten to a point where I have to tell somebody.

I think you should talk with a professional people about this.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Hannie said:

:salam:

I’ve been through the same for more than 3 years.

I can Tell you one thing:

Not praying won’t ever help you,this is shaytan (la) who wants you to believe this.Your connection with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will weaken everytime you miss a prayer and that’s not good.

Always remember Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) words:

2:286 „God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear“ 

Always trust in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)!Make Duas to him ( we have very powerful Duas) and pray to him!Worship him!He will answer you!If you think,that he won’t answer your Dua,you can do Tawassul and then he will answer you,as long as he wants to.But always remember:He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the most merciful!

My advices are:

1.Visit a doctor.He will help you with Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) permission.He’s also able to give you medicine.

2.Worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and pray to him.

3.Do a lot of Dhikr.

4.Go on Ziyarah and Visit the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or an Imam (عليه السلام) (if you’re able to).

I know it is very difficult.I know.But no one said it will be simple.With Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help,you’ll get well soon.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help you!

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, shia8 said:

:salam:

I’ve been through the same for more than 3 years.

I can Tell you one thing:

Not praying won’t ever help you,this is shaytan (la) who wants you to believe this.Your connection with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will weaken everytime you miss a prayer and that’s not good.

Always remember Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) words:

2:286 „God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear“ 

Always trust in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)!Make Duas to him ( we have very powerful Duas) and pray to him!Worship him!He will answer you!If you think,that he won’t answer your Dua,you can do Tawassul and then he will answer you,as long as he wants to.But always remember:He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the most merciful!

My advices are:

1.Visit a doctor.He will help you with Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) permission.He’s also able to give you medicine.

2.Worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and pray to him.

3.Do a lot of Dhikr.

4.Go on Ziyarah and Visit the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or an Imam (عليه السلام) (if you’re able to).

I know it is very difficult.I know.But no one said it will be simple.With Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help,you’ll get well soon.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help you!

I visited imam Ridha's shrine before, It was a blessing from Allah 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Hannie said:

Praying salah is becoming very hard for me, I haven't prayed for way over a month, do you have any suggestions?

Explore your feelings towards salah. Why exactly is it hard for you? It's a relief to know that it's never for no reason. 

For some people, they feel like salah is getting in the way of something. Like they're in a rush and the last thing they want to do is pause for anything. 

Some people don't mind salah, but they really don't feel like making wudhu then doing salah right after (the solution is to be in wudhu way before salah). Some people are sensitive to location. I can't stand praying in the room I spend the most time in, but there are rooms I don't mind praying in, and there are places where praying becomes easier for me (living room, mosque). Some people hate praying alone. Some people don't like grouping dhuhr-asr/maghreb-asha together and would rather pray them separate. Some people don't like prayer mats. Some people have to pray as soon as the time hits and if they don't do it by an hour they'll end up praying it last minute.

Don't just be uncomfortable, ponder all the factors and figure out what it is that bothers you specifically. For me personally, most of the things I listed apply to me. Though I didn't find all that out on the same day. I slowly realized what my preferences were over time. And when I really don't fee like praying, sometimes I'll cut out a lot of mustahab acts to make it fast and easy (I'd recommend learning what the fastest salah is).

And sometimes you'll still not feel like praying, this is a test from Allah AND and opportunity. When it comes to breaking/making habits, it's inevitable that one day you'll be completely out of it. I found in my experience that if I get over these humps, I get permanently stronger in maintaining the habit/breaking it. Ex smokers will talk about how out of nowhere they'd get an intense craving well into their abstinence, and after they beat that they never got cravings again.