Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Guest askingtolearn

Guest askingtolearn

Salam Alaykoum,

I have some weird superstitions and I am not sure if it is because of ADHD or other reason. 

Can someone help me? I will put my question all the way at the bottom. 

I am left footed so before a soccer game or before anything I have to enter with my left foot, I have to wear the shoes starting with my left foot, shorts left foot first, shirt left hand first, etc. 

I also like to do everything on odd numbers so like how many times I say Bismillah when entering the field has to be either 1,3,5,7,etc, if I don't I feel weird and it makes me thing that I will play bad, even when using the restroom I have to use odd numbers of toilet papers. Even when playing in the field I try to avoid stepping on the lines it makes me feel weird. 

If something good happened to me or if I had a good soccer game then the next day or next game day I would do everything I did the that certain day, like what I eat, drink, how I step in the field, how I stretch, etc. 

There is also many things similar to this that I do but it will take a long time to mention all. 

What do you guys think the cause of this is? How does this effect me? Does it really have an impact on my life? How can I stop these superstitions? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Guest askingtolearn said:

What do you guys think the cause of this is? How does this effect me? Does it really have an impact on my life? How can I stop these superstitions? 

Cause - I don't know

Effect: at best, it will just be a habit. At worst, it imprisons you.

How to stop: make a deliberate effort to break these habits in order to overcome this superstition. Remember that our ultimate trust should be in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Guest askingtolearn said:

Salam Alaykoum,

I have some weird superstitions and I am not sure if it is because of ADHD or other reason. 

Can someone help me? I will put my question all the way at the bottom. 

I am left footed so before a soccer game or before anything I have to enter with my left foot, I have to wear the shoes starting with my left foot, shorts left foot first, shirt left hand first, etc. 

I also like to do everything on odd numbers so like how many times I say Bismillah when entering the field has to be either 1,3,5,7,etc, if I don't I feel weird and it makes me thing that I will play bad, even when using the restroom I have to use odd numbers of toilet papers. Even when playing in the field I try to avoid stepping on the lines it makes me feel weird. 

If something good happened to me or if I had a good soccer game then the next day or next game day I would do everything I did the that certain day, like what I eat, drink, how I step in the field, how I stretch, etc. 

There is also many things similar to this that I do but it will take a long time to mention all. 

As-salam alaykom,

Possibly the cause is that you have restricted yourself to only toughness and difficult tasks. 

If you allow softness, gentleness into you life it would be better. Hug and show physical affection to your parents throughout this weekend. Show them only love, love and more love all weekend. Give them back rub, hugs and gentle kind speaking. 

Consume no crunchy or hard to chew food.

Consume only soft food and easy to digest food. Add additional fruit to your diet this weekend.

No junk food whatsoever for the rest of your life.

Give it a try and see what happens.

Guest Askingtolearn
5 hours ago, Tabassum Iman said:

As-salam alaykom,

Possibly the cause is that you have restricted yourself to only toughness and difficult tasks. 

If you allow softness, gentleness into you life it would be better. Hug and show physical affection to your parents throughout this weekend. Show them only love, love and more love all weekend. Give them back rub, hugs and gentle kind speaking. 

Consume no crunchy or hard to chew food.

Consume only soft food and easy to digest food. Add additional fruit to your diet this weekend.

No junk food whatsoever for the rest of your life.

Give it a try and see what happens.

I don't want to sound rude or anything but what does that have to do with the superstition?

Guest Askingtolearn
5 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

It seems superstition. To break this habit, force yourself to do the opposite. Next time - start with right foot, say Bismillah 2 times, step on the line. Try this for a week. 

Thank you, inshallah I will try and update you guys.

Guest Askingtolearn
9 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Cause - I don't know

Effect: at best, it will just be a habit. At worst, it imprisons you.

How to stop: make a deliberate effort to break these habits in order to overcome this superstition. Remember that our ultimate trust should be in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

Thank you for the reply, inshallah I will try it for a few days and will let you know how it worked out. 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Guest Askingtolearn said:

I don't want to sound rude or anything but what does that have to do with the superstition?

Maybe it is not a superstition. It could be that you are gambling, trying to beat the system. You think you could be the Big Winner, but in truth you are FAR LEFT and TOO ROUGH, conniving...maybe ruthless. If you could hit the jackpot with the next 1, 3, 5.... who knows, maybe the Imam al Mahdi (ajtfs) will knock on your door??? 

Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Guest Askingtolearn
1 hour ago, Tabassum Iman said:

Maybe it is not a superstition. It could be that you are gambling, trying to beat the system. You think you could be the Big Winner, but in truth you are FAR LEFT and TOO ROUGH, conniving...maybe ruthless. If you could hit the jackpot with the next 1, 3, 5.... who knows, maybe the Imam al Mahdi (ajtfs) will knock on your door??? 

Sounds like a winning combination to me.

I am underage haha, and I am not to religious but I pray all my prayers I avoid bad thing and try to be the best I can so I don’t think its a matter of sins. 

thank you for the reply.