In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia book recommendations?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam all,

At the moment I am trying to understand Shia'ism and I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend any books that could give me a good insight on practices, beliefs and just Shia'ism as a whole? So, far I have read After the Prophet by Lesley Hazleton and it gave a pretty good Shia perspective of historical events as surface knowledge. And I have read up on some stuff on websites like al islam but I wanna know more in-depth things like I had mentioned previously.

And I'm really not sure where to go from there. Any help will be much appreciated. 

• Forum Administrators
11 minutes ago, Aasj said:

At the moment I am trying to understand Shia'ism and I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend any books that could give me a good insight on practices, beliefs and just Shia'ism as a whole? 

Salam. These links from al-islam.org lead directly to short pamphlets that you can read for free or print if you need:

Shia Beliefs

Shia Laws and Practices

Shia Personalities

Merits of the Soul

Diseases of the Soul

Guest Guest

You can definitely buy Al Kafi and Bihar Al Anwar on Amazon nevertheless . www.al-buruq.org is a very good bookstore with Shia books . Also Amazon and that website has great book biographies of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Imams .