In the Name of God بسم الله

Have any Shias heard of the Tijani Sufi order?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

Have any shias heard of the Tijaniyyah sufi order?

Salam Dr Tijani who has written book of " Then I was guided" was from Tijaniyyah sufi order also his grand father was greatest sufi leader in their order which It was supposed to that he would be heir of his father as leader of Tijaniyyah sufi order. 

https://www.al-islam.org/then-i-was-guided-muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi

https://www.al-islam.org/person/muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi

On 5/19/2021 at 4:42 AM, Lion of Shia said:

Have any shias heard of the Tijaniyyah sufi order?

Yeh sufis have a very pragmatic point of view they praise the imams but also praise and accept the the Khalifa that we don’t accept, so they’re just on the fence not really taking a stance but they do claim to get their spiritual practises from ahlul bayt 

so they see ahlul bayt as spiritual leaders while they also accept the Khalifa as political leaders , so kind of everyone has their purpose from their point of view and they’re not really political so they have a divided form if Islam where they see Islam as spiritual guidance and political part and governance not related to Islam as part of its system ie external 

Edited by theEndIsNear

• Advanced Member

As-salam alaykom,

I have understood that his book "I was Guided" is a very influential book to help Sunni Muslims become Shia Muslims. It gave me the idea that maybe I could give this book to many of my Sunni friends, because I do not know how to speak to them about it.

Thank you for bringing up this post!

Maybe you would like this interview with Muhammad al Tijani al Samawi. If they/he says he is a Sufi, could it be for protection? I heard that many Shia say they are Sufi for protection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 5/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, Tabassum Iman said:

Maybe you would like this interview with Muhammad al Tijani al Samawi. If they/he says he is a Sufi, could it be for protection? I heard that many Shia say they are Sufi for protection?

Salam It has happened  since Salaedin Ayubi has stated shia genocide  in Egypt & rest of north African  countries which under Taqyia a large group of Shias has joined to sufi groups which through  long time majority of them forgot their faith & has became sunni sufis which in Egypt there is a slang that they are sunnis with shia soul inside.