Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How do you forget & move on from derogatory hate comments on Islam?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salamwalaikum brothers & sisters, I'm just your ordinary Muslim I used to have an addiction of reading comment sections especially on YouTube, but when I browse through the comments under Islam related videos it's filled with alot of blasphemous derogatory hate comments by anti-islam bigots insulting Islam, Quran, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) & Muslims. Some of them are so disgusting that no sane person would utter these kinds of words. Now I stop reading comments a lot, but these kinds of comments still haunts me. If you have this kind of experience similar to mine & have any solutions please let me know. Thanks!

• Moderators

Wa alaikum as salam

Firstly I recommend you and all members here to strongly reduce the time you spend on youtube. As a rule, try to avoid watching more than one video per day, as it has become a silent addiction.

Regarding the comments, islam has had opponents since day 1. All we can do is pray for our and everyone else's guidance and forgiveness. 

• Advanced Member

Salam. They bother me too. Sometimes you know it's coming before you even read the comment. I might see a comment say something like "May Allah help the Muslims," or something completely benign like that, and under the comment I see [View 5 replies] and you already know there's verbal feces in there. They are so full of hatred and venom. But this convinces me even more that we are on the path of truth. 

I think the best thing to do is to avoid the those comments, and not respond to them. Or if you do with only one response. There isn't a thing you can do to change their mind, not even if Arch-Angel Jibra'eel himself came down and spoke to them personally. So don't waste your time.

And don't forget that a lot of them are paid agents from Israel or India. Let's take Imam Ali's advice when he says "The best response to a fool is silence."

• Veteran Member

wa 'alaykum assalam,

I agree that they can be hard to read, however I find that Islam is built on very solid foundations and I don't find the majority of the negativity to be even valid once you find out the position that the haters are coming from, be they atheist or religious. Most of them are hypocritical, unless they are willing to throw their own religion or whatever history they attach themselves to under the bus because the main things they have an issue with, slavery of supposed pedophilia or capital punishment or most issues are also found in their texts or history.

Perhaps the greater challenge is how we deal with them in our own minds, which I would also say can be quite challenging given that most of us are probably quite secular minded and quite inquisitive and just accepting things out of submission isn't always as easy as it sounds, even though without outside influences it is the best option.

The best option is just to avoid them or maybe read one if you must and ponder over it, do a bit of research and see for yourself if it is a valid criticism or not.

16 hours ago, Gold Rose said:

Salamwalaikum brothers & sisters, I'm just your ordinary Muslim I used to have an addiction of reading comment sections especially on YouTube, but when I browse through the comments under Islam related videos it's filled with alot of blasphemous derogatory hate comments by anti-islam bigots insulting Islam, Quran, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) & Muslims. Some of them are so disgusting that no sane person would utter these kinds of words. Now I stop reading comments a lot, but these kinds of comments still haunts me. If you have this kind of experience similar to mine & have any solutions please let me know. Thanks!

Well the prophet and ahlul bayt fought insults with kindness so try to make your answer revolve around that