Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I Struggle To Pray Salah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalamualaikum.

My parents are unfortunately atheists. Obviously I, however, am Shi’i Muslim. I am reluctant  to tell my parents that I pray, not from fear but just worry. I usually pray in a clean bathroom (it has no toilet) and it is not rare that I miss the fajr prayer. I have a younger brother and sister. I’m 13 years old so I don’t have much power. Can anyone give me some advice inshallah?

Wassalam.

• Veteran Member
18 minutes ago, theEndIsNear said:

Can’t pray in bathroom period , u need to find a mosque or some place maybe a park or even your car 

From a hadith point of view, it goes both both ways, some allow it if it is clean, some don't, so the middle path is probably makruh.

In Wasa'il al-Shi'a, the chapter heading states that: The chapter on the permissibility of praying in the hammam (whilst being) disliked/hated (kiraha) - the brother is talking about a bathroom with no toilet, it isn't a far stretch to refer to it as a hammam

http://qadatona.org/عربي/مكتبة-الكتب/1_وسائل-الشيعة/1151_باب-جواز-الصلاة-في-الحمام-على-كراهية

11 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

Do you evidence? 

It’s considered najas really worst place to choose to pray even a park is better or car sitting down if that is the necessity of the situation, even if it’s really required u can do it laying down on bed if your under extreme pressure but wouldn’t recommend making a habit out of the last one

• Advanced Member

We shouldn’t just assume that Allah is going to reject the salah of a sincere believer who is young and doing the best one can do in such a situation. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, theEndIsNear said:

It’s considered najas really

A washroom floor is intrinsically tahir. Only if it's contaminated with najasat such as urine then it'd be najis. And if one does not know that it is, it would be considered tahir. Obviously, it would be nice to not pray in a washroom, but one can't simply treat the prayer as if it's invalid if someone has no other option.

Anyway, I believe brother @Ali_Hussain mentioned important points to address this issue. 

Edited by AStruggler
  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Zane Ibrahim said:

Assalamualaikum.

My parents are unfortunately atheists. Obviously I, however, am Shi’i Muslim. I am reluctant  to tell my parents that I pray, not from fear but just worry. I usually pray in a clean bathroom (it has no toilet) and it is not rare that I miss the fajr prayer. I have a younger brother and sister. I’m 13 years old so I don’t have much power. Can anyone give me some advice inshallah?

Wassalam.

Salam you can pray in bathroom even if it even had toilet your Namaz/Salah/prayer would be  valid also remember  us in your prayers.

15 hours ago, theEndIsNear said:

Can’t pray in bathroom period , u need to find a mosque or some place maybe a park or even your car 

10 hours ago, AStruggler said:

A washroom floor is intrinsically tahir. Only if it's contaminated with najasat such as urine then it'd be najis. And if one does not know that it is, it would be considered tahir. Obviously, it would be nice to not pray in a washroom, but one can't simply treat the prayer as if it's invalid if someone has no other option.

Anyway, I believe brother @Ali_Hussain mentioned important points to address this issue. 

15 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

From a hadith point of view, it goes both both ways, some allow it if it is clean, some don't, so the middle path is probably makruh.

In Wasa'il al-Shi'a, the chapter heading states that: The chapter on the permissibility of praying in the hammam (whilst being) disliked/hated (kiraha) - the brother is talking about a bathroom with no toilet, it isn't a far stretch to refer to it as a hammam

http://qadatona.org/عربي/مكتبة-الكتب/1_وسائل-الشيعة/1151_باب-جواز-الصلاة-في-الحمام-على-كراهية

Salam disliked/hated (kiraha)  here means that reward  of prayer in lesser than regular  prayer in your room .

• Advanced Member

Praying in these 15 places is makrooh

(8) In front of the well and the hole that is the place of the urinating.

Praying in these 15 places is makrooh

(1) Bath.
(2) Saline land.
(3) in front of human.
(4) In front of the door that is open.
(5) On the road, street and alley, if there is no trouble for those who cross, and if there is trouble, harassment is forbidden.
(6) In front of fire and lights.
(7) In the kitchen and wherever there is a fire.
(8) In front of the well and the hole that is the place of the urinating.
(9) In front of a photograph and a statue of something that has a soul, unless it is veiled.
(10) In the room where Junub  is.
(11) Where there is a picture, even if it is not in front of the worshiper.
(12) in front of the grave.
(13) Over the grave.
(14) Between two graves.
(15) In the cemetery.

https://www.beytoote.com/religious/din-ahkam/place4-prayer.html

no3) in this link https://www.tabnak.ir/fa/news/834335/جاهایی-که-نماز-خواندن-در-آنجا-مکروه-است

• Basic Members

Firstly I applaud your courage and stance to go out of your way to pray when it could have been so much easier to not pray. May Allah continue to guide you help you in your journey.

For what its worth, a dry najis washroom should be ok to pray in under normal situations as well as long as you and your clothes are dry and the sajdagah/turbah is not najis.

However, the importance of prayers is such that for instance when time is running out and one has only najis clothes, then one may even pray in that state!