Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reincarnation In the Quran?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

BismillahirRahmanirRaheem

I was reading Quran and came across these ayat:

60. We have decreed death to you all, and We are not outstripped.
61. To transfigure you and create you in forms that you know not.

I watched a YouTube video as well and it said that this was reincarnation in the Holy Quran. However, I am aware that is Muslims do not accept the idea of reincarnation. I read another possible Tafsir; that the ‘forms that you know not’ are in Jannah, but for some reason this didn’t sound right in the context of the Ayah. Can someone find the Tafsir from the Holy Imams Of Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) inshallah and clear this up? 

Thanks.

Wassalam.

U can’t look at one verse and base an idea or theory on it, there is plenty of verses which say one life once your dead that’s it no coming back, like that verse “send us back ....” I mean really does it make sense u come back as a bird? Or something else ? Kinda purposeless and also we know from Hadith animals have a nafs soul and are different to us meaning they’re not really responsible for their actions this isn’t their trial

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Zane Ibrahim said:

Can someone find the Tafsir from the Holy Imams Of Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) inshallah and clear this up? 

Salam, 

I will try to share few ahadith here Insha Allah. But let me tell you that these verses are not at all talking about reincarnation. If you start reciting from the verse 57, you will realize that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is inviting you attention to your previous form for instance, you were a "nutfatin amshaj" in the womb of your mother. 

أَفَرَأَيْتُمْ مَا تُمْنُونَ

56:58) Have ye seen that which ye emit?

أَأَنْتُمْ تَخْلُقُونَهُ أَمْ نَحْنُ الْخَالِقُونَ

56:59) Do ye create it or are We the Creator?

Then Allah has mentioned the death in verse 60. 

I am avoiding to do tafsir on my own, just want to share another verse to make it clear what the phrase نُبَدِّلَ أَمْثَالَكُمْ could mean:

نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَاهُمْ وَشَدَدْنَا أَسْرَهُمْ ۖ وَإِذَا شِئْنَا بَدَّلْنَا أَمْثَالَهُمْ تَبْدِيلًا {28}

[Shakir 76:28] We created them and made firm their make, and when We please We will bring in their place the likes of them by a change.