Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia about Qul and chaliswa

Rate this topic

Guest Hassan

I am sunni and I really respect shia I want to guide my shia relatives who are not educated and they usually believe on thing without proof.

Some days ago my cousin died they said we have to perform chaliswa(40 days) without coming of 5th Thursday.

As I am sunni after reading our sect now I believe in sunni fiq after 3 days you cannot cry but you can read Quran or zikar at any time without giving specific name as Qul(second day) / chaliswa(40 days) / data(7 days) / daswa(10 days) / chamai (6 months).

but shia relatives said It is in sharia and in their Fiq.

now I want to ask it is in their shia Fiq or just india/Pakistan traditional days after funeral.

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Guest Hassan said:

they said we have to perform chaliswa(40 days) without coming of 5th Thursday.

:salam:

Sorry, I didn't get it, what does that mean ? 

In Islam we have usually 40 days of mourning. People tend to not listen to music, laugh etc... 

• Advanced Member

:salam:

OBJECTION 2: Appointing a date for Fatiha is not permissible. Specifying or days and dates, e.g. 3 days, 10 days, 40 days, Gyarwee (11th), etc. is utter nonsense. The Holy Quran states, “Muslims abstain from absurdity.” 10.27 ­Surah Muminoon, verse 3

Isaal-e-Thawaab should be done as soon as possible. Why should the third day be waited for?

Answer – The response to specifying a date or day has already been given in the discussion of Standing in Meelad. The only intent and object behind appointing a date or day for a permissible work is so that all people may gather can complete it together. If a specific time is not appointed at all, this deed cannot be satisfactorily completed. This is why Hadrat Abdullah ibn Mas’ood رضی اللہ تعالٰی عنہ specified Thursday for his discourses. When people requested him to lecture every day, he replied, “I do not wish to place you in difficulty.” -Mishkaat, Kitaabul-llm

Even Bukhari Sharif has a chapter which discusses the permissibility of appointing times. This is only done for ease. Today, Jalsas, exams, vacations, etc. are all appointed and planned in Madrassahs so that people may reach the Madrassahs without being called every year. Indeed, this is their only intention in this matter.

https://www.islamieducation.com/fatiha-3-days-10-days-and-40-days/ (Sunni source)

11 hours ago, Guest Hassan said:

3 days you cannot cry but you can read Quran or zikar at any time without giving specific name as Qul(second day) / chaliswa(40 days) / data(7 days) / daswa(10 days) / chamai (6 months).

only wahabists & Salafist belive that you must not cry after 3 days

• Advanced Member

Crying for the Deceased Person
It is permissible to cry for the deceased provided that it does not imply the denial of the divine verdict, but actions such as hurting one's face, scratching one's skin and pulling one's hair, are forbidden, and mourners are recommended to remain patient.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Burial

• Advanced Member

Why 40 Days of mourning? Arbaeen of Imam Hossein ((عليه السلام))

December 11, 2014/in /

SHAFAQNA (Shia International News Association)- Why 40 Days of mourning? Arbaeen of Imam Hossein ((عليه السلام))

We condolence on the Arbaeen anniversary, marking end of a 40-day mourning period after the martyrdom anniversary of Hazrat Hussein ibn Ali (عليه السلام), the third Imam of prophet Mohammad”s (SAWA) infallible household.

Number forty is mystic in Theosophy. According to the Islamic culture if someone practices a good deed constantly during forty days, it would be his inseparable attribute and lead to descending of God”s blessing. In some religions forty days and forty nights praying has been special position.

When Moses (عليه السلام) prayed forty nights; found the ability to hear the words of God.

“And remember when we appointed for Moses forty nights, and (in his absence) you took the calf (for worship), and you were polytheists and wrong-doers.” [Holy Quran1:51]

https://en.shafaqna.com/12922/why-40-days-of-mourning-arbaeen-of-imam-hossein-a-s/

• Advanced Member

The number 40

According to the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt, the number 40 holds a special spiritual significance that impacts the soul and the hidden spiritual dimensions:

• Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (عليه السلام) states that the heavens wept over Imam Hussain (A) for forty mornings, rising red and setting red.

• The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) has said: “The earth mourns the death of a believer for forty mornings.”

• The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) also states: “Whoever remains sincere [as a servant] for Allah for forty days, Allah will cause springs of wisdom to flow from his heart onto his tongue.”

The day of Arba’een

Imam Hasan Al-Askari (A) has said: The signs of a believer are five:

•    Performing fifty-one rakats of salaat daily,
•    Reciting Ziyarah of Arba'een,
•    Wearing a ring in the right hand,
•    Placing the forehead on dust [during sajda], and
•    Saying "Bismillah al-rahman al-rahim" aloud in salaat.

Therefore, a paramount duty of every believer is to recite the Arba’een ziyarat of Imam Husayn (عليه السلام).

The Significance of the Day of Arba’een: commemorating 40 days after martyrdom of Imam Husayn (عليه السلام)

https://www.world-federation.org/news/significance-day-arba’een-commemorating-40-days-after-martyrdom-imam-husayn

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Why 40 Days of mourning? Arbaeen of Imam Hossein ((عليه السلام))

December 11, 2014/in /

SHAFAQNA (Shia International News Association)- Why 40 Days of mourning? Arbaeen of Imam Hossein ((عليه السلام))

We condolence on the Arbaeen anniversary, marking end of a 40-day mourning period after the martyrdom anniversary of Hazrat Hussein ibn Ali (عليه السلام), the third Imam of prophet Mohammad”s (SAWA) infallible household.

Number forty is mystic in Theosophy. According to the Islamic culture if someone practices a good deed constantly during forty days, it would be his inseparable attribute and lead to descending of God”s blessing. In some religions forty days and forty nights praying has been special position.

When Moses (عليه السلام) prayed forty nights; found the ability to hear the words of God.

“And remember when we appointed for Moses forty nights, and (in his absence) you took the calf (for worship), and you were polytheists and wrong-doers.” [Holy Quran1:51]

https://en.shafaqna.com/12922/why-40-days-of-mourning-arbaeen-of-imam-hossein-a-s/

40 days are only for Hussein Ibn Ali (عليه السلام) and for no other person.

There are tons of hadith that say whoever hit himself in grief over death of his relatives, all his deeds get wasted and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) dislikes it.

Guest Hassan
On 5/15/2021 at 8:01 AM, realizm said:
On 5/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

40 days are only for Hussein Ibn Ali (عليه السلام) and for no other person.

There are tons of hadith that say whoever hit himself in grief over death of his relatives, all his deeds get wasted and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) dislikes it.

Can you give me reference ? That it is not for other people other then imam hussain((عليه السلام))

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, Guest Hassan said:

Can you give me reference ? That it is not for other people other then imam hussain((عليه السلام))

Bhai to prove chaliswa , you need to give reference not me.

Plus Hadiths clearly say skies , earth etc wept for 40 days when Hussein (عليه السلام) was martyred.

They never cry or weep over everyones death.

• Advanced Member
On 5/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

As far as I know, yes there are Hadith prohibiting this. 

Actually, Sunnis quote those Hadith to claim that we shouldn't cry for Imam Hussain as. Of course, they misunderstood. 

• Advanced Member

Among the narrations that the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) told Fatemeh Zahra (sa) after the death of Ja'far ibn Abi Talib (رضي الله عنه)to go to the house of Asma bint Umays with some women and take food for them for up to three days. They have used that the limit of mourning for the dead is up to three days (Hadayek al-Nadhara, vol. 4, Al-Muhaqiq al-Bahrani).
In a narration of Imam Sadegh (عليه السلام), it is stated that it is not permissible to mourn and sit in mourning for more than three days, except for the wife, which is permissible for her until the expiration of the period, (Wasa'il al-Shi'ah, vol. 2, p.914

https://www.porseman.com/article/مجالس-ختم-مراسم-چهلم-چهلم-اموات-مجالس-ترحيم/31428

A narration of the Prophet (pbu)

The soul meets the body on the third day

The soul meets the body on the fifth day

Meeting the soul with the body on the seventh day

Circulation of the soul around the house for up to a year

These narrations are used, the third day of the deceased and the seventh, and every Friday night and every month and year, the spirits meet with the family and the survivors and go to see his body and a state of worry and unhappiness arises for him. Therefore, any kind of attention to the soul of the deceased from charity, almsgiving, asking for forgiveness, prayer, fasting and feeding in these days, causes them happiness and reduces their sorrow and grief.

Final point

In conclusion, it should be said that Muslims, while respecting the deceased in these days and other times, should refrain from extravagance, extravagance, extravagance and costly expenses, and instead of buying a lot of bouquets and textiles, for the welfare of the deceased,Do a good deed. 

A narration of the Prophet (pbu)

4. It is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he said: [26]

←←← The soul meets the body on the third day

When the soul was separated from the human body and his body was buried, three days later, the soul cries out before God: م My Lord! Let me go to my body and see it; So God allows him and he comes to his grave and looks at his body from a distance, he sees water (pus) flowing from his body and mouth and nose, he cries for a long time; Then he addresses his body and says: دو My friend and beloved! Do you remember such a day in those days of life? Do you remember such a horrible house full of calamities and sorrows and regrets? Then he separates from his grave and leaves.

←←← The soul meets the body on the fifth day

Then, after five days, he asks the permission of the Creator again, O Lord! Let me go to my body and see it; So God allows him and goes to his body and his grave. After a while he sees pus coming out of his nose, mouth and ears, (and covering his head and face) he cries in a state; Then he says: O my body! My poor! Did you remember the days of your life from this house full of sorrow and grief and full of snakes and scorpions and worms that eat your body? And did you think about the decay of your skin and the disintegration and disintegration of your organs and joints?

←←← Meeting the soul with the body on the seventh day

Then he goes by his grave until the seventh day he asks God again for permission to go and see his body; God allows him to go to his grave and look away. He observes that the worms entered his body. At this time he cries loudly and says, "My friend!" ر O my friend! Do you remember the days of your life, your children, your relatives, your honor, your home and your garden? Your brothers and your friends and your neighbors who were happy to see you and were happy to be by your side and where are they to come and cry for you and me.

←←← Circulation of the soul around the house for up to a year

We also have in the narration: When a believer dies, his soul constantly wanders around his house for a month and looks at his survivors, his family and his will, how they performed his religion and how they acted on his will, and when the full moon He walks around his grave and looks at who is praying for him and who is sad for him, and this is what he does for a whole year, and when he is a year old, the soul rises to the place where the souls meet. Doomsday.

These narrations are used, the third day of the deceased and the seventh, and every Friday night and every month and year, the spirits meet with the family and the survivors and go to see his body and a state of worry and unhappiness arises for him. Therefore, any kind of attention to the soul of the deceased from charity, almsgiving, asking for forgiveness, prayer, fasting and feeding in these days, causes them happiness and reduces their sorrow and grief.

A narration from the Messenger of God

The body of a Jew was passed through a passage; The Prophet of Islam was sitting there with his companions, standing respectfully until the corpse disappeared. They said to him: This deceased was a Jew. The prophet  replied: Was he not human?

When the presence of the Jewish spirit is respected by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then the veneration of the souls of the believers in the days they attend should be respected in the first way, and the days in question are the days of the presence of the souls.
In addition to the way of life of the believers from the past, who used to hold meetings for the dead these days, and typically they do not do religious work without a reason, and this is a good confirmation for these meetings.

Final point
[Edit]

In conclusion, it should be said that Muslims, while respecting the deceased in these days and other times, should refrain from extravagance, extravagance, extravagance and costly expenses, and instead of buying a lot of bouquets and textiles, for the welfare of the deceased,Do a good deed. 

http://www.wikiporsesh.ir/حکمت_برگزاری_مجالس_ختم

https://www.pasokh.org/fa/Question/View/9745

anyway  objection of holding chaliswa between some people from Shias is that Arbaeen only belongs to Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) so holding  chaliswa for others reduces importance  of Arbaeen  for Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) which from wahabi viewpoint  opposing it is for erasing name of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) .

http://motaghin.com/fa_booksPage_9216.aspx?gid=8868