Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mother's Day

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Happy Mother’s Day. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

What are some usual mother gifts in your culture? 

Gold’s and jewelry :D

• Moderators
Just now, Diaz said:

Gold’s and jewelry 

Wow, I wouldn't know that to do with that stuff!

In my culture, (poor white American folks) moms are more likely to be gifted macaroni necklaces and bouquets of dandelions.

• Moderators

My children didn't even register that's it Mother's day!! probably because it's not really part of our culture though more and more people are following the trend in an attempt to imitate the western culture. In our family mother's day is like nay other day.

A while ago my kids emotionally blackmailed me into placing (yet another) order for books. Out of budget, but I can never say no to books and they know it. :byecry:

Right now I am waiting for them to fall asleep so I can eat that bar of snickers in the fridge (They had theirs during the day, I am not a zaalim Mom, well not all the time :p)

So that was my mother's day - giving away all my money to the bookstore and eating chocolate in bed) 

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, starlight said:

A while ago my kids emotionally blackmailed me into placing (yet another) order for books. Out of budget, but I can never say no to books and they know it. :byecry:

Huh, your children want to buy books and have and entire library for themselves ? I'm jealous.

• Moderators
Just now, starlight said:

Yeah, that's one of the two thing I am proud of - passing on a love of books to my kids. I wish we had a library but there is none and I have to end up purchasing them. 

May you always have enough for books. 

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, starlight said:

probably because it's not really part of our culture though more and more people are following the trend in an attempt to imitate the western culture. In our family mother's day is like nay other day.

Salam in Iran the birthday of lady Fatima (sa) is both of Mother & woman  day which our gifts can be anything  from luxury  stuff to doing homeworks by father & children  :D

10 hours ago, starlight said:

Right now I am waiting for them to fall asleep so I can eat that bar of snickers in the fridge (They had theirs during the day, I am not a zaalim Mom, well not all the time :p)

:muslima::scarerun: