Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Video Game Guide For Modern Parents

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

This is a thread regarding buying video games for modern parents.

We are living in an era where games are progressing towards realistic visuals.

It's time we let little kids play less violent games like Call of Duty and focus kid friendly games like Splatoon which my little bro likes and exercise games like Ring Fit Adventures and ARMS which will get them active on the Switch. Playing games like Call of Duty is a bad influence on little kids. It teaches them bad things like learning how to swear which is not what little kids should be doing. Splatoon is the Call of Duty for kids that kids should play today which is better than Call of Duty.

I remember playing Wii Sports and the other Wii games as a kid but now I moved on to Ring Fit as I am leaning to be active now as that is better and helps you be successful.

Edited by ShiaLuma
  • Moderators

When my grown kids were little, I used Common Sense Media a lot. My daughter and youngest son aren't interested in that kind of games, so I haven't used it in years. My daughter likes puzzle and world building games. My little son doesn't play video games. 

Good suggestions. Parents and even adults who enjoy video games should be aware of what they're putting into their minds. 

• Advanced Member

Even Fortnite is dangerous, many kids are cursing on that game. I always tell to my youngest brother that he shouldn’t play with these kind of people but he ignores me.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Diaz said:

Even Fortnite is dangerous, many kids are cursing on that game. I always tell to my youngest brother that he shouldn’t play with these kind of people but he ignores me.

Same, Fortnite is not for him. It is for older people. Splatoon is the best game so buying a Switch is the best option for a kid, not a PS4 or PS5. Once the Super Switch/Switch Pro comes out, it will have even better versions of games.

Edited by ShiaLuma
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, ShiaLuma said:

Once the Super Switch/Switch Pro comes out, it will have even better versions of games.

So should I get this one or the normal switch?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

So should I get this one or the normal switch?

You should get the current Switch now. Super Switch/Switch Pro will take time to come out.

• Veteran Member

I think No Video Games is the best video game for kids. They might not enjoy it at first but they will thank you later, especially when they see other kids grow up to be video game junkies failing at real life.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

I think No Video Games is the best video game for kids. They might not enjoy it at first but they will thank you later, especially when they see other kids grow up to be video game junkies failing at real life.

You're partially right about that one as people like Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Bill Gates limited their kids screen time. They did not let their kids have consoles.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

ngl i agree. I used to play videogames all day but i eventually grew out of it but its very unhealthy now that i think back. Islam and sports became my hobbies and slowly left videogames. I also tell my brother to get off his pc now. I know he started playing because of me and he looks up to me so im trying to be a good example. Inshallah he realises that i now no longer spend all my time in a virtual world and stops aswell.

Edited by Khurasani
  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, Khurasani said:

ngl i agree. I used to play videogames all day but i eventually grew out of it but its very unhealthy now that i think back. Islam and sports became my hobbies and slowly left videogames. I also tell my brother to get off his pc now. I know he started playing because of me and he looks up to me so im trying to be a good example. Inshallah he realises that i now no longer spend all my time in a virtual world and stops aswell.

I have also quit video games and only just stick to Ring Fit Adventures as that helps me get exercise even better than Wii Fit on Wii.