Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Chinese rocket

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salamu Alaykum everyone, couldn’t find any topic about the Chinese rocket which was launched few days ago. Am I the only one who is worried about it or what? I read on cnn that maybe the rocket will crush on May 8, which is after 2 days. Let’s pray nothing happens.

• Diaz changed the title to Chinese rocket
  • Moderators

I heard about that, but little actual information was available. Since there was nothing I could do, I forgot about it until you just now reminded me. 

Hopefully it will burn up on reentry, and if it does crash down, hopefully it will fall into the ocean or an uninhabited area. 

If governments/militaries aren't making plans to blow it to relatively harmless smithereens, there probably isn't anything that can be done by anyone, if anything even needs to be done. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, notme said:

Folks in Europe and Canada should almost definitely be safe according to this tracking site:

https://aerospace.org/reentries/cz-5b-rocket-body-id-48275

Someone said Australia is in dangerous but I couldn’t find any articles about it. 

• Forum Administrators
5 hours ago, Diaz said:

I read on cnn that maybe the rocket will crush on May 8, which is after 2 days. Let’s pray nothing happens.

Salam. May 8 for some of us, but in other countries the rocket debris might crash down on May 9. InShaAllah it drops into the ocean, not on someone's house. 

• Advanced Member

A huge Chinese rocket booster is falling from space, but don't worry. It likely won't hit you.
By Elizabeth Howell about 7 hours ago

You have almost nothing to worry about, a debris expert says.

McDowell cited several factors that play into how to predict the fall of the rocket core. The first is to remove any thinking that it is coming in like a space shuttle or spacecraft, he said, meaning it won't come in at an angle or almost vertically. Rather, he said, the stage is "belly surfing the atmosphere" as its orbit lessens in altitude around Earth. 

Another question is when will the core stage get low enough in Earth's atmosphere to burn up. "That depends a little bit on the materials it's made of," McDowell said, adding that it depends "more on how it's tumbling." The stage could be doing anything from tumbling end over end to plowing into the atmosphere like an arrow or even coming in sideways and catching the full brunt of atmospheric heating.

Advertisement

"Also, the density of the upper atmosphere changes from day to day," he said. "There's outer space weather, which is as hard to predict as ordinary weather. In particular, solar activity — X-rays from the sun — affects the structure of the outer atmosphere … in a way that we just don't know how to predict."

While this uncertainty shrinks somewhat as the rocket gets closer to Earth, we will only know the exact fall time of the rocket pieces after the fact. If they fall on an empty, or uninhabited area, Space Force will be the first to know about it because their missile early warning satellites will spot the heat from the falling pieces in infrared telescopes, McDowell said. "But, because they keep that data secret, historically, it's taken a few hours, like three or so hours, for that data and making its way through the bureaucracy [to become] public information."

The core stage's orbit places it over populated areas ranging from the United States to Chile to Australia. But it's most likely that the pieces will plop in the ocean, which covers about 70 percent of Earth. Land areas make up the rest of Earth's surface and only a portion of those areas are inhabited, McDowell noted. (Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin has said the country is tracking the fall and that the risk to inhabited areas is "extremely low," according to Reuters.)

https://www.space.com/china-rocket-falling-from-space-dont-worry

Anyway news outlets are making too much noise for current  rivalry  of China & USA same as anti chinese (Asian) propaganda  wich spread by American authorities  at time of Trump about accusing  China to spreading  Covid-19 which now at time of Biden , they have started their nti chinese (Asian) propaganda by propaganda  about danger of Chinese rocket by describing  it's danger like danger of a ballistic  missile which It's possible  that they will try to link it to danger of defensive  Iran missile  program for world ie Israel  American allies. 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/04/out-of-control-chinese-rocket-tumbling-to-earth

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/06/chinese-rocket-falling-crash-to-earth-saturday-china-space-station-long-march-5b-us-space-command

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/science/china-rocket-crash-long-march-5b.html

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

It could be serious because Russia is tracking it as well. Idk if it’s malicious by China but regardless they will have to pay compensation if something bad happens. Russia seems to be offering its help to the west. They are far from saints but I’d prefer that than the rivalry between USA, China and Russia. Strangely for once I agree with @notme hopefully it burns away on re-entry if not then there may be nothing that can be done and just is the way the dunya is. 

PS is it bad I don’t want it landing in metro Detroit lol. 

Edited by MexicanVato
  • Moderators

Someone got this video of the rocket booster tumbling across the sky. 

(It's Twitter. Open with caution. I didn't hear anything inappropriate, but I can make no guarantees.)

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Diaz said:

Alhamdulillah it fall in Indian Ocean. 

That's the first thing I did this morning - checked the falling rocket location. Hopefully next launch from China will be either small enough to burn up in the atmosphere, or will be a controlled drop.