Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any one else ever have a paranormal experience?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I had something pull me by my leg out of bed the other night. I have nightmares about jinn. sometimes I believe in ghost. someone was shot to death on my property before I moved on it and sometimes i think it's haunted. What do you think of these kind of experiences and is there any evidence in Islam against it or ghost.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

My mother believes in ghosts. She sees them fairly frequently. She's an educated and presumably sane and serious person. I do not believe she is lying. She is not afraid of them, more just fascinated. 

I do not believe in ghosts, though I do believe that not everything can be explained, given our current level of knowledge. 

When I'm very tired and have to stay awake, I hallucinate cats. I saw a small black cat at my mom's house. She told me it was one of her ghosts. They never bother me. 

Edited by notme
  • Advanced Member

42 minutes ago, musa shakr said:

What do you think of these kind of experiences and is there any evidence in Islam against it or ghost.

I heard that with ghost stories these are not actually ghosts, they are the qareens of the dead people. 

I can't imagine there can be a malicious ghost in Islam, since they'd be eating 47 slices of humble pie.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, musa shakr said:

I had something pull me by my leg out of bed the other night. I have nightmares about jinn. sometimes I believe in ghost. someone was shot to death on my property before I moved on it and sometimes i think it's haunted. What do you think of these kind of experiences and is there any evidence in Islam against it or ghost.

it can be undiagnosed schizophrenia  in many people that think they are seeing ghosts/jinn/ some other entity. I have a friend that hears voices and he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia... but i've noticed among muslims they start thinking it's jinn. the opposite could also be true that maybe schizophrenia patients are in fact seeing jinn. 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, skinee said:

it can be undiagnosed schizophrenia  in many people that think they are seeing ghosts/jinn/ some other entity. I have a friend that hears voices and he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia... but i've noticed among muslims they start thinking it's jinn. the opposite could also be true that maybe schizophrenia patients are in fact seeing jinn. 

I've been diagnosed with ptsd

• Moderators
4 hours ago, skinee said:

Unfortunately it is the jahil mentality who consider these things to related to black magic, ghost or jinns. They make their own conjecture when in reality they should accept that not all bad things are related to these unseen things. If they see things then they should immediately go to see therapist, that even scholars give it as the first advice.

• Basic Members

I have had that kind of experience - but I'm not schizophrenic - on one occasion a force came over me and was choking me - I couldn't breathe - but in my mind I was crying out to Jesus to help me and suddenly the power left me. In my tradition we would consider that an attack by a demon. This type thing happened to me a few times over the years.

• Advanced Member

:salam:

3 minutes of judgment day 

(A real story of NDE by an Iran-Iraq war veteran & devotee & defender of Shrines from experiencing of paradise & hell by himself) 

https://afosa.org/books/Three-minutes-of-Judgment-Day.PDF-2.pdf

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

My friend says he sees shadow people sometimes (look up the term if you haven’t heard of it). I sent him this interview of a researcher of jinn and shadow people. 

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Veteran Member

I have had enough paranormal experiences, but ever to the point of being pulled by the leg. I feel that a non-najis, practicing momin should not be pulled by the leg out of their bed. Its something new. Probably your house is "haunted", that is, Djinn are sharing it with you. That is the only explanation I can think of in case of a practicing momin. If you recite the Quran and offer prayers more at home the Djinn, who are probably of a different faith, will move out. There are many threads on here (which you can search for) on how to help them leave, ways like keeping pigeons, roosters and what not. A few mosque Imams might be able to help also.

• Advanced Member
On 5/6/2021 at 9:57 PM, musa shakr said:

i once woke up from sleeping and couldn't move... i suddenly saw a dark shadow entering the room and started feeling heaviness on my chest... started reciting nad ali and was able to move and everything was back to normal. now i could conclude that I was visited by a jinn.

in reality what i experienced was sleep paralysis. it's when your mind wakes up but your body is still paralyzed. this is part of the sleep mechanism, your body every time you sleep undergoes paralysis to help you sleep better... it's a biological function.  most of the time both our mind and bodies wake up, but sometimes only the mind becomes awake while the body doesn't. during this state you are sometimes between the dream/sleep world vs the waking world... because it can be scary, your mind generates imaginary scary things, much like in a dream/nightmare i.e. your negative imagination begins to overlap with waking reality. 

later on life i actually would induce paralysis as an aid to enter dreams consciously (it helps with lucid dreaming). the easiest way to break out of sleep paralysis is to change your breathing pattern, your body will normally wake up straight away.