Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How to get rid of doubts about Allah

Rate this topic

Guest Sendhelp

Assalam alaikum,

I'm trying to improve my faith (pray on time, learn Quran, etc.) not only because of Ramadan, but because of the afterlife. I have always had this problem of doubting that my duas will get accepted by Allah. I know He is the Merciful and the Compassionate and a true believer should never ever have doubts in Allah, because He loves us more than our parents love us. However, I constantly have waswas and 'what if's that my duas will not get accepted. What should I do?

I have tried to gather info about this topic and pray for guidance but I still have doubts.

I think the problem is I become extremely religious in times of difficulty amd when I am at ease I don't think about religion much, although I still try to pray fardh prayers on time. I think that makes me hypocritical and I think that maybe Allah thinks that I am not deserving of getting my duas answered because of that. That might be the root to my doubts.

Please help me with this problem and thanks for reading.

• Advanced Member

Wa’alaykum Salaam Guest Sendhelp

First of all, please don’t take this situation to heart.  This is very common for everyone who decides to take one’s duties towards Allah Almighty seriously and attempts to put these duties to practice.

Now, guess who is going to get upset knowing this? Of course Shaytaan the cursed!  

Remember he promised Allah Almighty that he will take revenge from Mankind:

“Iblis said: ‘Because You have sent me astray, surely, I will lie in wait against them (human beings) on Your straight path. Then, I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e they will not be dutiful to You” (The Blessed Qur’an, 7:17)

Secondly, Please, don’t be overzealous in your actions (Praying, reciting the Blessed Quran, duas etc.) because very soon when the enthusiasm wanes off a little the fatigue factor will come in.  Here is the Shaytaan comes in and starts with his whispering and starts creating doubts and points to ineffectiveness/ futility of your actions.

Be very moderate with you actions.

Rather, seek the ˹reward˺ of the Hereafter by means of what Allah has granted you, without forgetting your share of this world. And be good ˹to others˺ as Allah has been good to you. Do not seek to spread corruption in the land, for Allah certainly does not like the corruptors.” (The Blessed Quran 28:77

Abdullah Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: “Ruined are those who insist on hardship in matters of the Faith.” He repeated this three times. (Muslim)

Allah loves moderation and hates extravagance and excess.” - Umar Ibn al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

Recite the following Surah Nass (Mankind) of course in Arabic as much as you can,

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
The Sovereign of mankind,
The God of mankind,
from the evil of the lurking whisperer—
who whispers into the hearts of humankind—

And Recite the following if any negative thoughts come to you “audhubillah min al-shaytaan ir-rajeem”
I seek Allaah's refuge from Satan the accursed

In sha Allah you will feel the results very soon.  Don’t let your guard down.  Once you have taken refuge in Allah Almighty – Trust Him – He will be with YOU!

About acceptance of your Duas -  the following will help you.

DUA ACCEPTED- 3 WAYS ALLAH ANSWERS YOUR DUA

https://www.quranicconnection.tv/dua-accepted/

May Allah help you and make everything easy for you and reward you immensely for you efforts.