Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dust particles in my mouth while sleeping

Rate this topic

Guest Hello

Salam,

today I woke up 2 hours after suhoor and had dust it my mouth I THINK or food particles (even though I washed my mouth out with water before fajr). Anyways I was unsure whether or not it was my food or whether it was my mind playing tricks on me as The particles were so minuscule. So instead I swallowed and I spat a little bit of my saliva on my thumb and saw a little particle which looks like food. Is me fast broken cause I think that might have been more particles that I swallowed but I’m unsure

• Advanced Member

You can't be blamed for something you did unintentionally. If this happens you can swish water in your mouth then spit spit spit in the sink until there is nothing left. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny what I've said because I may be wrong.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

Salam,

today I woke up 2 hours after suhoor and had dust it my mouth I THINK or food particles (even though I washed my mouth out with water before fajr). Anyways I was unsure whether or not it was my food or whether it was my mind playing tricks on me as The particles were so minuscule. So instead I swallowed and I spat a little bit of my saliva on my thumb and saw a little particle which looks like food. Is me fast broken cause I think that might have been more particles that I swallowed but I’m unsure

Wa alaykum assalam.

I also experience doubts like this with regards to fasting - sometimes I think I can feel food particles in my mouth but I'm not entirely sure. The solution is to ignore the doubts as much as possible. Even if the particle is in fact food, if you ignore the doubt then that means you're not aware of any actual food particles and you won't be liable even if you do swallow it. 

As for finding a particle after spitting your saliva, you cannot be absolutely sure that you have swallowed other food particles and hence you shouldn't worry. Even if you did, you did so unintentionally and without knowing so your fast is unaffected inshaAllah.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Guest Hello said:

Salam,

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah,

You living in the desert homie? As the two brothers suggested your fast is fine because it was involuntary. I was just listening to a Q&A earlier. Look at this video about 8:48 in concerning one who unintentionally swallows water during wudu (performing mustahab of rinsing the mouth) :